Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Prologue

TiffanyKorta

spacer.pngW tumbled into the sand with a yelp and a grunt. Barely taking a moment to gather her senses, she scrambled back to her feet and turned to fight, only to find nothing, and no one. Dyed hair lashed about as she turned, her brow furrowed in confusion. She wasn't by the bay any more, nor was there a giant lizard thing rising up out of the ocean, which was all disconcerting.

W looked down at her hands, clad as they were in fingerless gloves, and tried to summon the lightning she'd borrowed from that one guy. Nothing, which meant the flight was gone, too. With a frustrated huff, she did a turn and looked in every direction.

"Hello!?" she called into the ether. "This an actual desert, or like a mind-prison deal?"

Suffice to say she didn't want to consider the third option.

Completing her turnaround, she finally spotted she wasn't alone.

"Oh. Hey. Did one of you guys do this?"

Edited by X51 (see edit history)

Nocturne feels the sudden shift of placement, and isn't quite ready, as he didn't initiate it. He reacted quickly, bracing for landing and managed to only stumble a little coming to stop in a dessert. He remained crouched as he looked around. Sand, lots and lots of sand. Except for....someone with neon hair? It was very confusing. One minute he had been chasing...something, and the next here.

Then the neon haired...woman(?)... spoke.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:01 PM, X51 said:

spacer.png"Hello!?" she called into the ether. "This an actual desert, or like a mind-prison deal?"

"Oh. Hey. Did one of you guys do this?"

"Do what? I just ended up here, wherever here is. Who are you?" 

Nocturne then picks up some of the sand to start inspecting it and finding out where they could have been.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:57 AM, alchemical_rogue said:

"Do what? I just ended up here, wherever here is. Who are you?"

spacer.pngW reached up to briefly lift her shades and observe the guy. She squinted in the harsh sunlight as she verified he was, in fact, blue and furry, which she found adorable.

"Wendy," she lied. Well, sort of - she'd been known by that name previously, it just wasn't her real name.

"What about you?" she asked, before calmly reaching into her jacket to produce a pack of cigarettes.

On 6/9/2022 at 10:03 AM, X51 said:

spacer.png"Wendy," she lied. Well, sort of - she'd been known by that name previously, it just wasn't her real name.

"What about you?" she asked, before calmly reaching into her jacket to produce a pack of cigarettes.

"Wendy, huh? I'm T.J., but most people just call me Nocturne. Can't really hide who I am. You have any idea how we ended up here? I know there are people who would target me for my powers."

As Nocturne finishes talking, he quickly jumps from where he was to a few feet over as a demonstration. He immediately holds his hands up in a non-threatening manner, just showing a little of what he can do as a show of faith.

18 hours ago, alchemical_rogue said:

"Wendy, huh? I'm T.J., but most people just call me Nocturne. Can't really hide who I am. You have any idea how we ended up here? I know there are people who would target me for my powers."

As Nocturne finishes talking, he quickly jumps from where he was to a few feet over as a demonstration. He immediately holds his hands up in a non-threatening manner, just showing a little of what he can do as a show of faith.

spacer.pngWendy gave a small nod as Nocturne displayed his teleportation. Whatever her story, it seemed she was used to seeing super powers in action.

"No idea," she offered in reply. "I don't tend to have many enemies who can actually find me."

Wendy plucked a black-wrapped clove from the package and placed it between her lips before lighting up. After taking a moment to think, she looked back to Nocturne.

"I've got some, uh, abilities, but they tend to be pretty situational," she offered. "If you're sick, I can cure diseases. I don't really age at all, and I can do a bit of mind reading. My most generally useful ability is that I can basically do what you can do."

Wendy took a slow drag of the cigarette and then loosed a billow of smoke before motioning Nocture's way.

"I can show you, if you want. I'll need to do a real light reading of your head, nothing invasive - I won't learn anything from your past, I just need to see how you do the thing."

6 hours ago, X51 said:

spacer.png"I can show you, if you want. I'll need to do a real light reading of your head, nothing invasive - I won't learn anything from your past, I just need to see how you do the thing."

"No need... I believe you. I've had enough of a brush with telekinetic/telepathic types. You do what you do, and I'll do what I do. So where do we go from here? I don't see much around." Nocturne holds his hands up and backs away as he speaks, then turns to look around for which direction to go.

spacer.pngWendy sighed softly.

"Copying the powers of others is my thing," she clarified. "I can't do better than walking or running without being able to copy someone. I don't have any special attacks, either - no laser vision or TK blasts. I'm not particularly special unless the people around me are. I can steal powers from people if I need to, but it's a lot easier if they're willing."

She looked into the equally-unappealing distances.

"So your options are to leave me behind, or let me use your fancy teleporting thing so we can travel together and be safer," she explained, before giving a small shrug. "Up to you."

image.png.c8d806ade1f07b257f456ad659e5182a.png"Dammit, I better get home. Sis will have my hide if I'm late for another family meal. " He reached out and his psychic whip appeared, extending out to it's limit to grab a protrusion on the nearby building before Matthieu leaped off, swinging above the streets with practiced ease. As he swung around the last building before his apartment, his eyes were filled with a blinding flash and he felt himself falling. Instinctively he tucked and rolled as he hit was was not asphalt, but desert sand knocking the wind out of him for a moment. 

As he caught his breath he stood up, blue and white costume in stark contrast to the desert surroundings. He noticed several individuals gathered nearby, and began walking toward them. Shouting as he approached, he mentally kept his fingers crossed that this wasn't going to result in yet another fight. 

"You know, you could let a fellow know before you snatch him out of the sky. I was trying to get home for dinner and now here I am. Someone mind telling me why I'm here now?"

Edited by Laird_Thorne (see edit history)

On 6/19/2022 at 5:02 PM, Laird_Thorne said:

image.png.c8d806ade1f07b257f456ad659e5182a.png"You know, you could let a fellow know before you snatch him out of the sky. I was trying to get home for dinner and now here I am. Someone mind telling me why I'm here now?"

"Hey man, we are just as confused as you. Calm down, we are trying to figure this out together. Someone clearly dropped us here, but as I don't know either of you, I have no idea who might have done this to us. I'm Nocturne, what do you go by?"

spacer.pngHaving been turned away, W didn't see the new guy pop in. She jumped slightly as he yelled, turning to face him as she took a settling breath.

"Oh good, there's more," she noted, giving the guy a wave. "Warning would be nice, yes, but unfortunately we're all in the same boat."

As Nocturne introduced himself, she gave the new guy a wave.

"Wendy," she introduced.

• 3 weeks later...

The desert went on in every direction, yellow sand gently blown by the wind and whist the sky was clear no baking hot (or otherwise) sun could be seen in the sky. This limbo like desert seemed to have no discernible features.

Except for the kitchen.

You’re not sure how you missed it on your initial scan but standing there as if it had been there for decades was a slightly dated looking kitchen.

image.png.c8d806ade1f07b257f456ad659e5182a.pngHe shook his head and laughed. 

"It really is! Think about it, desert all around, and now a kitchen. Someone is definitely playing a huge joke, and it seems we're the punch line." He stepped forward, heading for the kitchen fridge.  "Any bets on if there's a couple of beers? Or that it's empty?"

From the kitchen came the smell of something cooking and someone humming slightly off key. The owner of said was a woman in her mid-twenties early twenties if you please, with blonde hair with dyed pink tips. Indeed pink seemed to be the dominate colour in what seemed to be some form of costume or uniform. From certain angles she also looks very much like Emma Stone.

“Can you believe they just left this all here? Still I have to go a little far beyond canon to get something decent to eat.” Just one time there was a little clunk as the toaster popped up something looking very much like waffles

“Waffos anyone? I know it’s an obscure time travel joke even for this.” She slapped her head before adding “Oh yeah I’m meant to ease you into all this! The name's Gwen, Gwen Poole…” always wanted to do that!