Sheet Folders in Testing ×

What Are You Playing?

Scarecrow71

Currently playing Dreamscaper on Xbox One. The story is kind of a backseat for the gameplay, which is a roguelike with permadeath and LOTS of meta-progress. You basically have to die over and over to get anywhere on upgrades, which sucks, and the game seems to be full of cheap enemies. It's fun, but I don't know that I'll tough it out. Though... if you have issues with mannequins or depression... maybe give this one a skip.

I put like 25 hours into Ghost Song last week. That was a spectacular metroidvania! The voices are well done (if a little weirdly added; you only hear voices on the tail-end of each conversation, while the meat of them is text-based. Weird choice.), the combat is tough but fair (and encourages you to get good), though the teleporters are too far apart, inflating playtime with needless running back and forth.

Before that I beat Immortals: Fenyx Rising. Wow, that's a fun open-world hack-and-slash but once you learn a couple of specific powers, the game goes to easy-mode... Still, the way they tell the lore of ancient Greek mythos is just *chef's kiss*.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:07 AM, Scarecrow71 said:

I recently started a new career in Kerbal Space Program, and I've almost got the tech tree filled out.  Planning a Jool-5 right now, but I gotta find a way to shave some weight off this monster.  I need the mining equipment on the lander or else I won't make it back, but even the small drills and ore collector are heavy.

You have far more patience than I. It's a fun game for sure, but I just can't figure out how to do the missions where you fly parallel to the planet to collect data. Using a controller is painful with that game...

Fallout 3 at the moment.  For some reason compared to Bethesda's efforts I find other games and open worlds in particular to be lacking, and more of a checkbox exercise than an actual game.  Bethesda's open worlds are the best when you've had a stressful day, just want to kick up a game and lose yourself in it without having to think too hard....

Destiny 2, Hunt: Showdown, No Man's Sky, and the recent humble choice option of ROLLERDROME is incredibly fun. I always thought it looked cool and was glad it was a Humble Choice option. Love to rollerblade and do cool tricks while bullet time happens when I shoot enemies. A real blast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There's always a new RimWorld Scenario to explore!

But I'm also trying to give Breath of the Wild a second chance (I didn't groove with it the first time) and I recently got Arcadian Atlas off Kickstarter after like a decade between pledge and fulfillment. It's a Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics child.

• 2 weeks later...

Arcadian Atlas is a Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Ogre descendent and recently came out of kickstarter beta phase. The gameplay so far has been fairly mundane, but I'm a rather slow gamer in this portion of my life so it might be because I play one battle and then walk away. Anyways, class options just opened up a bit, so maybe it'll get a little more complex.

As is, the game is a fairly basic turn-based strategy that doesn't cost a ton of money and could probably get you 30+ hours of gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it bad that I'm still playing the original Baldur's Gate? I have a full-party game going on my iPad. We've got:

Isaiah: Paladin
Angus: Human Fighter
Natalya: Half-Elf Cleric of Lathander
Corben: Human Ranger
Sasha: Human Thief
Xander: Human Illusionist

I've never been into party optimization, I just like a good mix of characters.

22 hours ago, cailano said:

Is it bad that I'm still playing the original Baldur's Gate? I have a full-party game going on my iPad. We've got:

Isaiah: Paladin
Angus: Human Fighter
Natalya: Half-Elf Cleric of Lathander
Corben: Human Ranger
Sasha: Human Thief
Xander: Human Illusionist

I've never been into party optimization, I just like a good mix of characters.

An awesome game. Reminds me I never finished it and I have all those sequels on the ipad.