Sheet Folders in Testing ×

What Are You Playing?

Scarecrow71

I am quite sad and ashamed to say that I'm playing far too much Power Wash Simulator (for my sins) ... just finished the campaign the other day, and now doing the special missions.  (my mild OCD is in overdrive on this to get it all finished so I can then uninstall it and get some semblance of my life back).

I recently started a new career in Kerbal Space Program, and I've almost got the tech tree filled out.  Planning a Jool-5 right now, but I gotta find a way to shave some weight off this monster.  I need the mining equipment on the lander or else I won't make it back, but even the small drills and ore collector are heavy.

Edited by Scarecrow71 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have fallen off Rimworld, and recently been only doing enough Fortnite to be on track to finish the battlepass by end of season and keeping up with dailies.  Don't remember the last time I touched Fallguys.  Have been playing a lot of Xcom 2, Dead End Job, and focused on the special event raids in Pokemon: Violet atm.

• 2 weeks later...

ToEE is a superb old school RPG, but yes, it's very, very, difficult.  Also, still a bit of a buggy mess - although the unofficial patch from Circle of Eight does improve things significantly (still won't stop you dying in the tutorial though).

Worth persevering with though.  If you want to try something similar that's more modern, then you could try the Pathfinder games:  Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, and if you're not too fussed about system/game world then also worth checking out Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2

The hardest things in ToEE were:

Keeping your party actually moving together despite the games absolutely horrible pathfinding. Seriously, you'd click on a spot 50' down a perfectly clear hallway, glance away from the computer for half a second and your mage is already two rooms away on his own solo path through unexplored territory and stumbling into a trap.

Actually being able to take a turn in less than 5 minutes. Lag, lag lag, laggy lag oh one of the enemies moved, I think it's almost my turn.

Getting all the necessary mods to function at the same time. "Oh cool, this mod fixes that obnoxious loot bug." (As shipped, it was usually easier to wait for bodies to decay than to attempt actually looting the fallen.) "Hey, this mod makes the game run a lot smoother...  Oh crap, it broke looting again." I don't believe I ever did manage to keep a stable build of the game.

I think the furthest I ever got before just giving up in frustration was the start of the second level of the Temple.

28 minutes ago, leons1701 said:

The hardest things in ToEE were:

Keeping your party actually moving together despite the games absolutely horrible pathfinding. Seriously, you'd click on a spot 50' down a perfectly clear hallway, glance away from the computer for half a second and your mage is already two rooms away on his own solo path through unexplored territory and stumbling into a trap.

Actually being able to take a turn in less than 5 minutes. Lag, lag lag, laggy lag oh one of the enemies moved, I think it's almost my turn.

Getting all the necessary mods to function at the same time. "Oh cool, this mod fixes that obnoxious loot bug." (As shipped, it was usually easier to wait for bodies to decay than to attempt actually looting the fallen.) "Hey, this mod makes the game run a lot smoother...  Oh crap, it broke looting again." I don't believe I ever did manage to keep a stable build of the game.

I think the furthest I ever got before just giving up in frustration was the start of the second level of the Temple.

One mod to rule them all...

https://co8.org/community/  go to the one-stop-download-shop and pull the modpacks and patches.  They do make a hell of a difference and fix most (if not all) of the really annoying bugs.

But yes, pathfinding still sucks, and the difficulty curve is still somewhat off the chart.

On 8/18/2022 at 6:50 AM, Anthr4xus said:

Playing lots of Rimworld, Fall Guys and Fortnite lately, with an occasional dip into Xcom 2.  Recently reinstalled Master of Orion and was actually thinking of reinstalling Stellaris as well.

Is Rimworld any good? What's it like?

I have decided I will finally complete ALL of Baldur's Gate II, including Throne of Bhaal. Those Infinity Engine games have been among my favorites since the early 2000s, and I've completed BG and IWD but never BG II.

So, I started a new character (elf ranger) in BG and completed that again. Now I'm in Siege of Dragonspear. BG II coming up!

On 3/16/2023 at 2:44 PM, cailano said:

Is Rimworld any good? What's it like?

I like it.  The emergent storytelling that develops is very interesting.  It is a small-squad settlement management game with a focus on random events.  There is a reasonably complex tech tree to develop, and one of the most active and robust modding communities I've ever seen.  

Their forums also include lots of reports of other players stories.  You can see one of mine here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=55700.0

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently on Midnight Suns, a Marvel game by Firaxis (of the more recent X-Com games). During X-Com I would often turn my units into the Avengers so it seemed like a natural thing! But during previews, they announced that instead of the traditional X-Com gameplay they were going for a tactical card-based system, and those words turned me off. But word of mouth was really good when the game went on sale recently, I gave it a chance... and guys it's kind of great. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer a more traditional tactical RPG combat system, but the card game system works far better than I thought it would, and it's more than made up for by the atmosphere and story elements. They really dig into the comic lore and have a lot of Fire Emblem-style support conversations with the characters. So much love went into this. I love it.

I'm nearing the end of a first playthrough, and will likely replay again with the DLC once the final DLC character (Storm) comes out, likely next month. Initial sales weren't great but I'm hoping word of mouth makes this a cult classic and we get more in the future.