What Are You Playing?

Scarecrow71

Yeah, ok, so we know why the vast majority of us are here on the site - role-playing games of all shapes and sizes, in all manner of genres.  That is the primarily goal and purpose of the site.  But what about when you aren't frequenting the site?  What games are you playing, whether on console or PC or a mobile device, when you aren't here?

For myself, right now I'm slogging through Assassin's Creed Origins on my XBox One again.  And I'm so far down the tunnel of side quests that I've completely forgotten about the main story.  Like, the next mission in the main story is to hunt down and assassinate the Crocodile, which is for a level 20 character...and I'm currently sitting at level 35 and a few XP away from 36.  Yeah, I'm wandering all over ancient Egypt, hitting all the tombs and side stuff instead of dealing with the reason Bayek is on his personal quest.  But, you know, I gotta do me.

So what is everyone else playing?

My two youngest and I play Minecraft on occasion.

Also, I'm going to run a one-shot on Monday for the holiday. We are going to explore the question:

"What would it be like if, for the first time in 2,000 years, an actual demon managed to break through the veil and possess a house and a person in our normal world, and that house and human were immediately seized by the Federal Government, and the player-characters became the lab rats handlers to enter the house to find out if there was a way to gain useful information (or to possibly weaponize) said demon."

Grinding my way slowly through Pillars of Eternity. Also the occasional foray back to City of Heroes and a bit of various 4x games (Civ VI still refuses to play nice with my computer after working perfectly for the first year or so. got it running (sort of) after a complete reinstall but forget mods and it still crashes randomly after taking 10 minutes to load).

I'm currently playing Fallout 76 which, yes, I know, but the actual content of the game is pretty good. It's easily Bethesda's prettiest worldmap to date, and probably some of their best environmental storytelling. It even fixes one of the Fallout purists' biggest gripes in that Raiders are now a playable faction as opposed to just mobs that try to shoot you on sight. I'm really enjoying it.

19 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

CoH???  Which server?

I'm over on Homecoming on Everlasting.  Mostly on Saturday mornings.  Occasionally Sundays.

Same, I've actually got you on my global friends list but usually forget to look and see if you're on. I'm not playing nearly as often as I did the first year or so after finding Homecoming, but I like jumping in now and then just to remind myself that there still are some good things.

I'm kinda putzing between a handful of games.  On the PS4, I'm kinda weakly replaying thru Infamous: Second Son, but I'm not putting any real time into it.  On the Switch, I was making my way thru the newest Kirby, and I'm getting closer to the end of the game but kinda got derailed.  Meanwhile, now that I have my Steam Deck finally, I'm trying to get back into PC gaming - bouncing between Rogue Legacy 2 and random games that are calling to me (right now, Fallout 4 is calling to me - not sure how long that will last, but I never did finish it...).

In the last few months, I wrapped up the main game of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (rather enjoyable, if kinda short), finished up the Mass Effect Trilogy finally (never did finish the 3rd game), and have some random JRPGs to cruise thru that I haven't worked up the gumption to start up yet.  I may go back to Persona 5 Royal sometime this summer...

As mentioned in another thread, I've been playing some Dicey Elementalist lately on my phone.  A friend of mine also set up a Minecraft server recently for his kids to play and invited me and my son so we spent way too many hours on that this weekend lol.

@Roughtrade and @leons1701 does CoH have a Linux launcher these days?  I'd love to have another, nostalgic hobby to neglect lol  I still feel guilty for what I put when I unsubscribed back in the day, "Not enough time to play right now, I'll be back as soon as I can."  I was at college at the time... then life happened and the next thing I knew, they were closing down

53 minutes ago, CajunCoder said:

does CoH have a Linux launcher these days?  

Installation Guide for Homecoming is HERE

Installing the game on OS X

1. Download Island Rum here.
  2. Install the game in whatever directory you want
  3. Island Rum should automagically download the client once you start it, but note that your download may be slow at peak times.
  4. Once Island Rum has finished updating, ensure that "Homecoming" is selected, and then click "Play".