Self-proclaimed expert in all things Rare, Newly Officiated Archaeologist

spacer.png

"Listen to me and I'll find us something shiny."

Barbarian 3

Small humanoid Male (Goblin), Chaotic neutral

Armor Class 15

Hit Points 32
Speed 30' ft.

Senses Darkvision, passive perception 11' ft.

Languages common, Goblin, elvish

Proficiency Bonus +2

ABILITIES & SKILLS 

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Strength 14 (+2)
Save +3* 
Athletics +4**

Dexterity 16 (+3) 
Save +3* 
Acrobatics +3** | Sleight of Hand +3** | Stealth +3**

Constitution 14 (+2)
Save +4* 
No skills associated.

Intelligence 12 (+1)
Save +1* 
Arcana +1** | History +3** | Investigation +1** | Nature +1** | Religion +1**

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +1* 
Animal Handling +1** | Insight +1** | Medicine +1** | Perception +3** | Survival +3**

Charisma 8 (-1) 
Save -1* 
Deception -1** | Intimidation -1** | Performance -1** | Persuasion -1**

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools Calligrapher's 
  • Instruments none 
  • Weapons Simple & Martial Weapons 
  • Armors Light & Medium

BARBARIAN CLASS ABILITIES

RageIn battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action. While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren't wearing heavy armor:

You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them or concentrate on them while raging.

Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven't attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.

Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.
 | Unarmored defenseWhile you are not wearing any armor, your armor class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.Danger senseAt 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby they aren't as should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated. | Reckless AttackStarting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn. | Form of the BeastStarting when you choose this path at 3rd level, when you enter your rage, you can transform, revealing the bestial power within you. Until the rage ends, you manifest a natural weapon. It counts as a simple melee weapon for you, and you add your Strength modifier to the attack and damage rolls when you attack with it, as normal.
You choose the weapon’s form each time you rage:
Bite - Your mouth transforms into a bestial muzzle or great mandibles (your choice). It deals 1d8 piercing damage on a hit. Once on each of your turns when you damage a creature with this bite, you regain a number of hit points equal to your proficiency bonus, provided you have less than half your hit points when you hit.

Claws - Each of your hands transforms into a claw, which you can use as a weapon if it’s empty. It deals 1d6 slashing damage on a hit. Once on each of your turns when you attack with a claw using the Attack action, you can make one additional claw attack as part of the same action.

Tail - You grow a lashing, spiny tail, which deals 1d8 piercing damage on a hit and has the reach property. If a creature you can see within 10 feet of you hits you with an attack roll, you can use your reaction to swipe your tail and roll a d8, applying a bonus to your AC equal to the number rolled, potentially causing the attack to miss you.

RACIAL TRAITS
DarkvisionYou can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray. | Fury of the SmallWhen you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature's size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.Nimble EscapeYou can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action of each of your turns.

FEATS
NONE

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• Maul +4 to hit for (2d6+2+2) bludgeoning. | heavy, two handed
  • Hand Axe +4 to hit for (1d6+2+2) slashing damage. | light, thrown (20/60)

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE (135.5 lbs.)

• Weight: 135.5 lbs. / 210 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (.5 lbs.)

Copper: 0 | Silver: 0Gold: 25 | Obsidian: 0 | Platinum: 0

(25 Coins x .02 lbs. = .5 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPEMENT READIED (30 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor (4 lbs.) Traveler's Clothes - 4 lbs.
  • Weapons (15 lbs.) Maul - 10 lbs. | Hand Axe - 5 lbs.  
  • Readied Items (10 lbs.) Moon-touched Chain of spears | 2 Potions of healing - 1 lbs.

EQUIPMENT STORED (105 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack (62 lbs.) Backpack - 10 lbs. | Mess Kit - 1 lbs. | Two-person tent - 20 lbs. | 10 days of rations - 20 - lbs. | Boxed Secret Dungeon map - 1 lbs. | Bedroll & Blanket - 10 lbs.
  • Strapped to Backpack (43 lbs.) Waterskin - 5 lbs. | hempen Rope - 10 lbs. | tinderbox - 1 lbs. | 10 torches - 10 lbs. | Pickaxe - 10 lbs. | Shovel 5 lbs. | Bullseye lantern - 2 lbs.

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home: NONE!!! I KEEP MY POSSESSIONS OBSSESSIVLY! I travel everywhere with my things and keep them together.

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

MOON TOUCHED CHAIN OF SPEARS

ATTUNED (3/3)

NONE FOR NOW

APPEARANCE

Age 23 | Height 3' 8" | Weight 53 lbs. | Hair Bald| Eyes Bloody Red | Complexion Strangely Clean

Vik's appearance is much more dapper than those of his goblin brethren and sisters. He keeps a yellow jacket with large and loose sleeves that flows down farther than it should. Likely something a Dwarf would wear as it is much more suited for a race of a slightly larger size. A simple white shirt along with red leather pants adorn him making him a rather handsome looking Goblin if he does say so himself. A Massive belt wraps around his waist twice over and it looks like it has been modified with extra holes for him to accommodate that. You will never find shoes on this Goblin, only green feet that are much cleaner than they should be for the places he travels. Vik keeps all his possessions with him, meaning he usually has a massive backpack on him along with all his things and everything he owns. A plethora of equipment and weaponry can be seen on him.

Vik has a rather flat and bald head with very long pointed ears that have an orange flair. With no eyebrows, confident and gleaming red eyes. Vik stands proud most of his days. He has a strong and pointed jawline with a wide grin from ear to ear. Now don't be deceived by this small Goblin, behind that coat are some RIPPED MUSCLES. This Goblin has to traverse terrain and swing heavy equipment to get where he needs to go. So, Vik has attained a very muscular figure. Especially for a goblin, in fact those who have a keen eye can notice that those loose sleeves aren't as loose as they seem.

BACKGROUND

Archaeologist
Source: Tomb of Annihilation (approved)

• Personality Traits: I have no problems with stealing from the dead, besides...if they didn't want it stolen then they shouldn't have died. I am a pack rat and never throw anything away unless I can get gold for it.
  • Ideals: I'm a greedy sucker and won't risk my skin for nothing. I expect good GOLD! However, nothing is more exhilarating than a narrow escape from THE JAWS OF DEATH! 
  • Bonds: I have a friendly rival. Only one of us can be the best, and I aim to prove it's me. I'm secretly in love with my Rival and aim to prove myself by proving my skills.
  • Flaws: I'd risk too much to uncover a lost Artifact or valuable Gold. My Greed prevents me from parting with anything of value I own, unless you want to Bargain?

Background Feature: Historical Knowledge - When you enter a ruin or dungeon, you can correctly ascertain its original purpose and determine its builders, whether those were dwarves, elves, humans, yuan-ti, or some other known race. In addition, you can determine the monetary value of art objects more than a century old.

BACKSTORY

Vik had never known his family, but that is quite common amongst many goblins. His earliest memory is the cave he lived in as a young Goblin. He made his way in the world by hunting and preying on any animals he could. Eventually he would venture further out into the world and found strange structures that Humans called "Ruins". He began digging in ruins and old caves for valuables to trade for food from humans and other races. He tried his best to be friendly with other races from civilizations, this seemed like a much more fun and easier job than just hunting for food. During his time spent in the dirt digging around for anything valuable and then immediately selling it for a huge amount of food to only scarf it down in seconds. Vik had been given the Nickname MudMaw in his younger Years. A name he quickly grew out of and renamed himself, "Vik Dut". With these interaction from other races, Vik realized that there are so many great things you can buy with gold. Thus, Vik developed a love for shiny things and that love of shiny things turned into a lust for GOLD. He began to have a revelation, if he wanted a lot of gold, then he would need to learn about old valuable things. To do this he would need experience and to find as many as he could so he could sell them. Vik had to be an archaeologist, that was a big word he learned from Humans. Apparently, it meant someone who studies old things. To Vik, it meant Someone who sells old valuable things.

During one of Vik's "Expeditions", he met an Elven woman from Vance Academy who happened to be an archaeologist. They were both exploring a ruin and Vik was hastily looting as much as he could, finding the Spear chain in the process. The Elven woman found a Box with a Secret dungeon map inside. Vik happening upon this Elf had tried to take the map before her. The Elven woman was swift though and nabbed it first. Vik angrily declared himself her rival, though she kept it still because she thought he was amusing. That night, Vik followed her in an attempt to steal the Map. Her campfire had nearly burnt out but before Vik had the chance, a few Bandits ambushed her. Without a moment to even try to fight back, she was caught. Vik wasn't about to let his prey get swept out from under him. He jumped out angrily and shouted at them to leave or die. They scoffed and laughed at the small goblin before shooting him with a bolt. Unfortunately for them this was a full moon. This was Vik's first experience with his Transformation. The taste of Human blood was also a new experience for him, Vik's anger had caused this transformation into a WereGoblin and had taken full control of him that night. All he remembers was the flash of red and a loud Roar before the screaming started...there was Rage unlike he had ever known and lots of blood. After the job was done, Vik was too exhausted to think a thought or move an inch and fell unconscious in the center of the bodies he mutilated. The Elf had freed herself in the chaos and had just Grabbed her pack before she was about to make a run for it. Thats when silence fell, and the calm began as Vik returned to his original form. Realizing that this strange goblin or WereGoblin had saved her. She couldn't let it die and so She tended to the wounds of Vik that night, though not without her own caution.

Come morning, Vik found himself covered in Patchwork bandages along with a strong fire to help keep him warm. His belongings were found, and all placed neatly next to him along with a Box that looked very familiar. The very same box that had a Map of a Secret Dungeon in it. Vik looked up to see the Elven woman sitting across the fire from him, she seemed tired and exhausted though watched him with interest. Both seemed confused about the other. Why would the elf save a greedy thieving Goblin and why would the Goblin Protect an Elf? These questions and more ran through both their minds at the time. Vik was the first to speak and introduced himself. The Elf was next, introducing herself as Syldi Feanala. Syldi remained at the camp for some time to make sure Vik would remain in stable condition and would leave soon after. She was mostly quiet but thanked him and gave the Map to him as thanks. Syldi directed him to Vance academy if he wanted to be an archaeologist like her considering he had the interest of finding valuables in old places.

He was denied the first time due to his appearance and dress being considered a scammer or thief, many times thereafter due to his inability to pay for tuition. Realizing he was probably not as properly dressed as most Humans; Vik went to a Tailor. While they were hesitant at first, their minds changed after he dumped a pile of gold and silver on their desk. After overpaying for an old pair of leather pants, and a rather nice yellow jacket. Vik returned to the Vance Academy and was denied again due to his lack of wealth. So, Vik decided to continuously bring valuable artifacts to pay for his tuition until accepted. His persistence was extremely admired and loathed by many in the Academy. He met Syldi there again and declared he was best once again after he had entered with all his findings. She had outshone him easily with her reputation for finding what others could not. She did not brag...much. He became angrily determined during his time their which only fueled his studies. Though he did eventually begin to fall for her as a competitive rival, something he did not even realize himself.

Upon the Day of his Graduation, His Spear chain which he almost always wore as a heavy necklace was made to be a Moon-touched Trinket by the Headmaster Vance. This strange Arcane creation caused a small feeling for his power to manifest and Syldi feared the worst. Vik did not even realize the implications because it turns out he had it completely under control as long as he kept his rage in check. That very next morning he had planned to go and boast of his new Achievements to Syldi......but where was she? Where was he? Did he even go to sleep?

Edited by Sunless Echo (see edit history)

@bwatford there are three things about this i want to ask because of technicalities. I have held off on making the Backstory just yet so i can see if i can make this work around with your setting and not mess anything up.

1. Can my Moon touched weapon instead be a Moon touched TRINKET (it's a chain with spearheads on it from an expedition so I figured the spearhead could light up.) There's a reason I ask about this one because I have additional art for this character. This is his usual appearance. He changes form and I found Art that strangely fits horrifyingly well. I thought the spearhead chain would be a wonderful flavor item for him.

2. Can i keep the Architect background...please? I didn't realize that wasn't a part of your books until just before I posted the sheet. I think it's a crazy concept that will play well into things later on if i get the lucky chance to be picked.

3. do our characters already have moon touched objects before the chaos goes down (like before we just wake up and are confused)? Was that a thing or do we just gain a magic moon item out of nowhere. I ask this because i can use it in the storytelling of my character depending on the answer.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. All of you gained a moon touched item or scrolls during your time at the Academy. Likely with headmaster Vance putting the Moon-Touched on an already existing item for you as part of your studies.

Vik Dut (MudMaw) (Goblin Barbarian) - spacer.png

AC: 15 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 11 | Rages: 3/3 | Fury of The Small: 1/1 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Vik pockets his handful of gold coins.

"Hello, Ya want'a to bargain?"

Now where was the entrance to that Dungeon?

Mechanics

Main Hand: Maul
Off Hand: none

Action: none
Bonus Action: none
Move: none
Manipulate: none

• 2 weeks later...