spacer.png

"When the Fireball explodes, duck"

WIZARD 3

Medium humanoid female (Fire Genasi), true neutral

Armour Class  12 (15 mage armour)

Hit Points  20 ( 3d6 + 6)
Speed 30' ft.

Initiative +5 (+2 Dex, +3 Int)

Senses darkvision, passive perception 13 - 20' ft.

Languages Common, Draconic (S/R)

Proficiency Bonus +3

ABILITIES & SKILLS 

Proficiency Bonus: +3

Strength  8 (-1)
Save -1
Athletics -1

Dexterity 14 (+2) 
Save +2
Acrobatics +2 | Sleight of Hand +2 |Stealth +2

Constitution 14 (+2)
Save +
No skills associated.

Intelligence 16 (+3)
Save +5
Arcana +5 | History + | Investigation + | Nature + | Religion +5

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +3
Animal Handling + | Insight + | Medicine + | Perception + 3 | Survival +

Charisma 12 (+1) 
Save +1
Deception +| Intimidation + | Performance + | Persuasion +3

* Includes +1 from Luckstone / ** Includes +1 from Luckstone and Jack of all Trades / (E) denotes expertise. / Bold denotes proficiency.

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools None
  • Instruments: Violin
  • Weapons Daggers, darts, light crossbows, slings, staves 
  • Armors None

WIZARD CLASS ABILITIES
Arcane RecoveryYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots. | Ritual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don't need to have the spell prepared. | Arcane Deflection | Tactical Wit |  

RACIAL TRAITS
DarkvisionAccustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray. | Fire Resistance | CantripYou have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, longbow, and shortbow - produce fame cantrip, Spell - Burning Hands (@5th level - Flame Blade)

FEATS
| ASIWisdom +1
Dexterity +1

Features: 

Arcane Deflection

At 2nd level, you have learned to weave your magic to
fortify yourself against harm. When you are hit by an at-
tack or you fail a saving throw, you can use your reaction
to gain a +2 bonus to your AC against that attack or a +4
bonus to that saving throw.
When you use this feature, you can't cast spells other
than cantrips until the end of your next turn.

Tactical Wit

Starting at 2nd level, your keen ability to assess tactical
situations allows you to act quickly in battle. You can
give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your
Intelligence modifier.

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• Staff (Arcane Focus)
  • Dagger

SPELLS

SPELL SLOTS 4/4 (1st), 2/2 (2nd)

• Wizard - Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack Mod: +5 | Spells Prepared: 6

CANTRIPS Chill Touch| Mage Hand| | Mending 

FIRST LEVEL

| Mage ArmorMage Armor
1st-level abjuration

Casting Time:1 action
Range:Touch
Components:V, S, M (a piece of cured leather)
Duration:8 hours

You touch a willing creature who isn’t wearing armor, and a protective magical force surrounds it until the spell ends. The target’s base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier. The spell ends if the target dons armor or if you dismiss the spell as an action.
 | Identify | Magic MissileMagic Missile
1st-level evocation

Range:120 feet
Components:V, S
Duration:Instantaneous

You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.
 | 

Second Level

| Mirror Image | Scorching Ray |

Denotes (Rit) Ritual (C) Denotes concentration. / (R) Denotes reaction spell. / (B) Denotes bonus action spell.

WIZARD'S SPELLBOOK

These spells are not available unless they have been prepared ahead of time. (Unless they are a ritual.)

FIRST LEVEL

Identify (Rit) | Alarm (Rit) | Detect Magic (Rit) | Find Familiar (Rit) | Mage ArmorMage Armor
1st-level abjuration

Range:Touch
Components:V, S, M (a piece of cured leather)
Duration:8 hours

You touch a willing creature who isn’t wearing armor, and a protective magical force surrounds it until the spell ends. The target’s base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier. The spell ends if the target dons armor or if you dismiss the spell as an action.
 |  | Magic MissileMagic Missile
1st-level evocation

Range:120 feet
Components:V, S
Duration:Instantaneous

You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.
 |  | 

Denotes (Rit) Ritual (C) Denotes concentration. / (R) Denotes reaction spell. / (B) Denotes bonus action spell.

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBRANCE (62 lbs.)

• Weight: 62lbs/80lbs
  • Penalty: 

MONEY POUCH

Copper: 0 | Silver: 0 | Gold: 20 | Obsidian: 0 | Platinum: 0

EQUIPEMENT READIED (21 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulated item interaction.

•  Explorer's Pack (Backpack 5lbs, Bedroll 7lbs, Mess Kit ?, Tinderbox 1lb, 10x Torches 10lbs, 10 days of Rations 20lbs,
  • Waterskin 5lbs (full), Rope 10lbs, Traveller's Clothes - 4 lbs).
  • Weapons (1 lbs.)  | Dagger - 1 lb. |  
  • Readied Items () Arcane Spell Focus (Staff) - 4lbs |  |  |  |  |  | |  | |

EQUIPMENT STORED (27 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack (11 lbs.) Backpack - 5 lbs. | 10gp worth of jewellery | Spellbook - 3 lbs | soap | fine cloak with a hood | | | 
  • Strapped to Backpack (16 lbs.) Waterskin - 5 lbs. |  | Bedroll & Blanket - 10 lbs. |

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home  |  |  | | 2 x Sets of Fine Clothes - 12 lbs. |  | = | = | = |

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

ATTUNED (0/3)

|  | 

APPEARANCE

Age 25 | Height 5' 9" | Weight 126 lbs. | Hair Fire Orange| Eyes Fire Orange | Complexion Fair

BACKGROUND

Courtesan
Source Custom

• Personality Traits: I am shamelessly flirtatious with everyone
  • Ideals: I want to earn a sense of security (Neutral)
  • Bonds: I know some secrets of a powerful client who wants to ensure my silence
  • Flaws: I am always trying to prove my worth, as I do not think my worth is significant

Background Feature: Friends in Low Places
You can earn a modest living in any large town or
city. You can also get connected to local rumours in
towns and cities with a courting house, bathhouse or
another similar establishment. You can immediately
develop a rapport with others in your line of work,
and gain a great deal of insight into influential
members of the community and the criminal
element of the region.

BACKSTORY

Ember did not have the beginning that a lot of other girls had, so an unpleasant, fat, disgusting creature took that away from her. He also

took her mother and father, he lost a pendant and blamed her father for stealing it. Ember had to watch as he was dragged off to the cells

with no trial, her mother was killed for protecting her (Ember) and Ember was given to this pig as a slave. All this at the tender age of 14,

after a year or so she was put to work in a whore house owned by him, Lord Vileous De Sewerstien. It was on her 18th birthday that her

life took an upturn, he came in drunk and demanded me. He looked ill and was wearing his finest pendant, the one he accused my father of

stealing. Ember fed him more alcohol, the really strong stuff and he died there and then. Ember took everything off him and called for the

city watch, once they had taken the body away Enber went to the other side of town and paid for a room. She then went back to the brothel

and collected her things, most of the girls did the same and then fled. Five days later Ember turned up at Vances Acadamy of Adventure and

paid her fee in full, she had paid a fine to have her father freed and gave him some money to set up a smithery.

So here she was, Ember was going to become a wizard. Having written to them and gotten a reply back, Ember had brought everything that

she owned which was not that much. Ember had also brought a number of items that would be required such as a backpack and a spellbook.

Ember was shown to her dorm and met some of the other girls, Ember was not the oldest nor the youngest. She was the most outrageous

though, one or two of the girls flirted with her and she was fine with that, one couple, in particular, was always with her and rumours quickly

spread. Ember worked hard in her studies and practised religiously to get her spells right, in her spare time she would chat with the others or

occasionally she would sit on her own and try to remember the fun times with her mother. The picnics, the games and the stories kept her

calm and would put a smile on her face, a visitor came to the academy to see one of the trustees. He was a former client and as soon as he

saw her he began to panic, his wife and his children were with him. Ember was not the sort to twist a knife and did not approach him,

she simply gave him a nod and a smile.

Graduation day came around too soon, Ember had been into the woods a few times and had fought with the occasional thug, polar bear

, wolves and even a friggin owlbear, good job she was with a few others. Her experience grew as she had paid one of the lecturers to give her

some extra tutelage, being a war wizard Ember could theoretically join the armed forces but that did not appeal to her. All she wanted to do

was to delve into places that held monsters and treasure, find lost knowledge, and make her father proud of her. She had gone back to

Neverwinter and spoke to her father, he had brought a headstone for her mother's grave and Ember had placed some flowers there. Ember

could not stay long as the DeSewerstiens might want "a word" with her, they had left her father alone as he was inside when Vileous died.

The last night at the academy was crazy, Ember was the life of the party. She had been seen with a number of cadets (and at least one female

lecturer), she sat up in bed the next day and Benny and his girl Jenny were also waking up. The three looked at each other and laughed,

Ember dressed and grabbed her things and got a ride into Luskan. Once she had found an Inn with a room she began to look for work, any job

that paid well enough would do, joining a party would be better.

I have a pdf of Improved Backgrounds so I would like to use this one.

Courtesan
You have worked in the world’s oldest profession,
whether cheaply or for more wealthy clients. You
may have worked in a brothel full of others or by
yourself on the streets and in back alleys. Regardless
of where you were or who you were working
alongside you have seen a side of your community
that is kept private, and you have learned many
secrets performing your trade.
Skill Proficiency: Persuasion
choose one from:
Insight, Perception, Performance, Sleight of Hand
Tool Proficiency: choose two from
one Gaming set, one Instrument, Land vehicles,
S/R one language, Water vehicles
Starting Equipment: 2 sets of fine clothes, 10gp in
assorted jewellery pieces, a bottle of perfume or
cologne, soap, fine cloak with a hood, pouch with
20gp
Feature: Friends in Low Places
You can earn a modest living in any large town or
city. You can also get connected to local rumours in
towns and cities with a courting house, bathhouse or
another similar establishment. You can immediately
develop a rapport with others in your line of work,
and gain a great deal of insight into influential
members of the community and the criminal
element of the region.

Traits
d6 Trait
1 I am shamelessly flirtatious with everyone
2 I am aloof and play hard to get
3 I appear confident, but am cautious of people
4 I am always looking for someone to provide for me
5 I am quiet and demure
6 I am blunt and tactless

Ideals
d6 Ideal ..............Definition
1 Eager................I want to please people and be loved (Good)
2 Envy.................I want to be surrounded by comforts and people to serve my whims (Evil)
3 Loyalty..............I will do what I must to care for family and friends (Lawful)
4 Selfish..............My needs are my first concern (Chaotic)
5 Reward............ I want to earn a sense of security (Neutral)
6 Pragmatic.........People are only out for themselves

Bonds
d6 Bond
1 I have a “sister” who means everything to me
2 There is a significant other who found out about me who wants me to suffer
3 I have a very powerful regular client who loves me
4 I know secrets of a powerful client who wants to ensure my silence
5 My family needs my support regardless of how I provide it
6 I am hunted by a secret society that shut down a former employer/regular

Flaws
d6 Flaw
1 I have little sense of loyalty
2 I assume the worst of people
3 I am always looking to learn important people’s secrets
4 I ignore anyone who is not obviously attracted to me
5 I constantly try to be the centre of attention
6 I am always trying to prove my worth, as I do not think I am worth is significant

• 2 weeks later...