Bold denotes proficiency.

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES
 PROFICIENCIES
  • Tools n/a
  • Instruments n/a
  • Weapons Martial and simple 
  • Armors Light, medium, shields

BARBARIAN CLASS ABILITIES
RageIn battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.

While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren’t wearing heavy armor:

―You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
―When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
―You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

If you are able to cast spells, you can’t cast them or concentrate on them while raging.

Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.

Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.
 | Unarmored DefenseWhile you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit. | Reckless AttackStarting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn. | Danger SenseAt 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren’t as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger.

You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can’t be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.
 | Form of the BeastWhen you enter your rage, you can transform, revealing the bestial power within you. Until the rage ends, you manifest a natural weapon. It counts as a simple melee weapon for you, and you add your Strength modifier to the attack and damage rolls when you attack with it, as normal.

You choose the weapon’s form each time you rage:

Bite: Your mouth transforms into a bestial muzzle or great mandibles (your choice). It deals 1d8 piercing damage on a hit. Once on each of your turns when you damage a creature with this bite, you regain a number of hit points equal to your proficiency bonus, provided you have less than half your hit points when you hit.

Claws: Each of your hands transforms into a claw, which you can use as a weapon if it’s empty. It deals 1d6 slashing damage on a hit. Once on each of your turns when you attack with a claw using the Attack action, you can make one additional claw attack as part of the same action.

Tail: You grow a lashing, spiny tail, which deals 1d8 piercing damage on a hit and has the reach property. If a creature you can see within 10 feet of you hits you with an attack roll, you can use your reaction to swipe your tail and roll a d8, applying a bonus to your AC equal to the number rolled, potentially causing the attack to miss you.

RACIAL TRAITS
Ability Score IncreaseTwo different ability scores of your choice increase by 1. | SkillsYou gain proficiency in one skill of your choice. | FeatYou gain one feat of your choice.

FEATS
ResilientChoose one ability score. Increase the chosen ability score by 1, to a maximum of 20, and you gain proficiency in saving throws using the chosen ability. (Dexterity)

WEAPONS (+2 damage when raging)
WEAPONS
  • Halberd +5 to hit for (1d10+3) slashing damage. | Heavy, reach, two-handed
  • Javelin +5 to hit for (1d6+3) piercing damage. | Thrown (30/120)
  • RapierMoon-Touched +5 to hit for (1d8+3) piercing, magic damage. | Finesse
  • Bite/Tail +5 to hit for (1d8+3) piercing damage. | Tail has reach
  • Claw +5 to hit for (1d6+3) slashing damage.

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE
TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE (84.1 lbs.)
  • Weight: 84.1 lbs. / 240 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (0.1 lbs.)
Copper: 0 | Silver: 0 | Gold: 5 | Obsidian: 0 | Platinum: 0
(5 Coins x .02 lbs. = 0.1 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPEMENT READIED (25 lbs.)
Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.
  • Armor (6 lbs.) Fine Clothes - 6 lbs.
  • Weapons (18 lbs.) Halberd - 6 lbs. | 5 Javelins - 2 lbs. each | Moon-Touched Rapier - 2 lbs.
  • Readied Items (1 lb.) 2 potions of healing - 0.5 lbs. each

EQUIPMENT STORED (59 lbs.)
Stored items can be retrieved with an action.
  • In Backpack (49 lbs.) Backpack - 5 lbs. | Bedroll - 7 lbs. | Mess Kit - 1 lb. | 10 Rations - 2 lbs. each | Tinderbox - 1 lb. | 10 Torches - 1 lb. each | Waterskin - 5 lbs.
  • Strapped to Backpack (10 lbs.) 50ft Hemp Rope - 10 lbs.

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS
NON-ATTUNED

ATTUNED (0/3)

APPEARANCE/PERSONALITY
Age 21 | Height 6' 0" | Weight 190 lbs. | Hair Red | Eyes Brown | Complexion Fair

Ewan is a toned young man, six feet tall. He has well-groomed, shoulder-length hair, most often worn in a ponytail. He wears fine clothing; a red and gold doublet, dark green breeches, and brown boots. He also wears an armored collar with pauldrons shaped like lion heads. He carries a finely-crafted halberd, along with a handful of javelins at his back and a sheathed rapier at his side.

His manner of speech is quite casual, but he carries himself like a professional soldier and wields his weapons with discipline and skill... most of the time. When transformed, however, he assumes a hunched, bestial posture, even standing on his toes as tabaxi and other animal-folk do. In truth, he's still in full control of himself in this form - but he knows he can unnerve his enemies by pretending he's not.

When not in combat, Ewan is quite agreeable and treats everyone equally, social status be damned. He sees everyone as a potential ally, except for those who have proven they are untrustworthy. For those people he has very little tolerance, and he might even enact violence upon them to keep them out of his affairs.

BACKGROUND
MINOR NOBLE (Courtier)
Source Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide

• Personality Traits: "I always try to be kind, but those who abuse my kindness will feel my wrath."
  • Ideals: "I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family."
  • Bonds: "I'm betrothed to my best friend. I love her, but I do not want to marry her."
  • Flaws: "My family has a scandalous secret."

Background Feature: Court Functionary - Your knowledge of how bureaucracies function lets you gain access to the records and inner workings of any noble court or government you encounter. You know who the movers and shakers are, whom to go to for the favors you seek, and what the current intrigues of interest in the group are.

BACKSTORY
Everyone knows that there is something strange about the Hannigan family, but no one knows what it is. They hide their secret well, but just the fact that they have a secret has kept other nobles at arm's length - and it has kept the Hannigans from becoming much more than glorified landlords. Still, at least their station was enough to give Ewan a comfortable childhood and a good education.

Everything changed when he learned the family secret.

It happened at the Academy of Adventure - which he begged his parents to let him attend, as he wanted to become more than just a statesman. Things were going fine until he received his moon-touched weapon. His body instantly reacted to the weapon's moonlight, sprouting bestial teeth and claws. He rushed to the infirmary, where he learned that he and his family were descended from a werelion. All things considered, this revelation did not shock him. All the family heraldry featured lions... it seems this 'well-hidden' secret was more 'hidden in plain sight'. Mostly he just wondered why natural moonlight had never caused him to transform - or any of his family, come to think of it - but the healer had no answer for that.

Ewan quickly adjusted and found ways to use his 'illness' to his advantage. He used it distance himself from his family and from the woman he'd been arranged to marry, who he saw as a dear friend, but nothing more. And with the Academy's help, he also learned how to control his transformations and how to use them constructively.

Previously he'd never been sure what direction his life would take, but now, he felt he was meant to become an adventurer. And so, he fully devoted himself to the Academy. Graduated with honors, even. At least, he's pretty sure that's what happened...
Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)

Ewan Hannigan (Human Barbarian)spacer.png

AC: 15 | HP: 32/32 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 13

Post goes here.

"Speech"

thoughts in italics

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...