how to transfer your account from old MW to Baldr?

farothel

1 hour ago, farothel said:

I've had some friends trying to come here and they are not succeeding? I've checked the user guide but I couldn't find anything. Is there somewhere an overview for the steps one has to take to get started here?

If it is a new user account they may have to just wait a bit. Right now user migration happens every couple of days as Eric gets time to migrate them over.

Once done, they should be able to log in here using their ogmw email address and password.

2 minutes ago, bwatford said:

If it is a new user account they may have to just wait a bit. Right now user migration happens every couple of days as Eric gets time to migrate them over.

Once done, they should be able to log in here using their ogmw email address and password.

it's an old MW account, but it's been so long since I did it that I don't remember on how to do it? Is it just recreating your account or how does it go?

If they are an old user, their account has definitely been synced, so it's a matter of confirming credentials are right.

1. Confirm they are logging in with email address rather than display name. This is one of those differences that sometimes gets forgotten.
  2. Check email address on the OGMW control panel. Sometimes users forgot what their email address they registered with.
  3. They might just need to use the Baldr forgot password tool to reset password (most likely cause being they changed passwords on OGMW since their account synced)
  4. If none of the above works, we'll need to cross-check the information. Sometimes users have changed their account email address without remembering they did so, and Baldr was synced with a different email address.