Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Question

Grudge

Not sure if is it the right forum so move it if I'm wrong. Anyway, I'll make it short because I'm sure no one wants to listen to my sob stories. This is a gist. I was making Edit to a post adding a second table. Everything worked fine...until it didn't. By the time I solved that I didn't even notice the first table is "poof" gone because this one reaches under it was impossible to see without scrolling. Is there a way to go through your edits as on OGMW so I can just rewind the clock?

On the left side of this table was the Melee Weapons table link is Weapons, second post from the top. Mistake happened when I was doing "Auto" OOC

Ranged Weapons
Taser

In the Ranged

Section by

Popular demand

Attack: 1d10+Mod (Dex)+Training

Range: 10 ft

Weight: 1 lb

Damage:1d6 (non-lethal) StunAfter a successful hit target is stunned for a round. If the target has augmented parts or works on electricity it receives additional traits, augmented limbs seize for 2 rounds, augmented organs have 50% to stop working, and robots and shells receive additional 1d6 damage. On crit, the pilot of the shell also receives 1d6 damage.
Stun Pistol I change the name to remove the association with Stun Gun because they have only Stun feature in common. Attack: 1d10+Mod (Dex)+Training

Range: 30 ft

Damage:2d6 (non-lethal)+ training

StunAfter a successful hit target is stunned for a round. If the target has augmented parts or works on electricity it receives additional traits, augmented limbs seize for 2 rounds, augmented organs have 50% to stop working, and robots and shells receive additional 1d6 damage. On crit, the pilot of the shell also receives 1d6 damage.

Magazine: 30 bullets

Shock Shotgun Prohibited, not even security should have one since its (non-lethal) status is questionable. Usually available at VERY high-risk prisons and facilities Attack: 1d10+Mod (Dex)+Training

Range: 20 ft

Weight: 4 lb

Damage:5d6 (non-lethal?)+ training

StunAfter a successful hit target is stunned for a round. If the target has augmented parts or works on electricity it receives additional traits, augmented limbs seize for 2 rounds, augmented organs have 50% to stop working, and robots and shells receive additional 1d6 damage. On crit, the pilot of the shell also receives 1d6 damage.

AoEMaximum Effect is reached at 20 ft where is able to hit 3 people standing next to each other (15 ft wide) with full effect. At 15 ft .2 people (10 ft wide) Any closer and it loses AoE (one person eats all pellets).

Longer Distances increase AoE but decrease damage.

25-30 ft- 5 people (20-25 ft wide) 3d6
35-40 ft- 7 people (30-35 ft wide) 2d6

It goes no further, Stun active at all distances

Capacity: 4 Shells

Shock Rifle Prohibited anywhere except the military where is used as a mid-range Sniper Rifle. Equipable with Scope, suppressor unnecessary. Assassin favorite Attack: 1d10+Mod (Dex)+Training

Range: 100 ft

Damage:10d6+ training

StunAfter a successful hit target is stunned for a round. If the target has augmented parts or works on electricity it receives additional traits, augmented limbs seize for 2 rounds, augmented organs have 50% to stop working, and robots and shells receive additional 1d6 damage. On crit, the pilot of the shell also receives 1d6 damage

AP+5Within its optimal range (50-100 ft.), its hardened tip can penetrate up to 5 armor before delivering the shock. Below and above the optimal range AP falls by 1 for every 10 ft (Example: 30 ft AP+3, 120 ft AP+3

Capacity: 1 Bullet

Pistol Usually, the first response when things go pearshaped. Mostly because it can not damage Hubs. As you can imagine blowing a few holes into your habitat zone on, say, Europa would be bad. Attack: 1d10+Mod (Dex)+Training

Damage:2d6+ training Capacity: 15+1 Bullets
Shotgun Same as a pistol, but denotes the second step in the playbook. Escalation. Attack: 1d10+Mod (Dex)+Training

Range: 20 ft

Damage:4d6+ training

AoEMaximum Effect is reached at 20 ft where is able to hit 3 people standing next to each other (15 ft wide) with full effect. At 15 ft .2 people (10 ft wide) Any closer and it loses AoE (one person eats all pellets).

Longer Distances increase AoE but decrease damage.

25-30 ft- 5 people (20-25 ft wide) 2d6
35-40 ft- 7 people (30-35 ft wide) 1d6

Stopping PowerIf you hit the target that is moving or charging toward you, you stop them to 0 ft per second for a round. If you hit a target that is 10 ft or closer they are knocked prone if they are possible to be knocked prone (some things are not). Targets that can't be knocked prone are moved back 10 ft instead

SlugShotguns can be loaded with slugs instead of shells. They lose AoE but gain 2d6 damage. Also, gain +10 ft reach for everything including the Stopping Power trait. However, they can shoot through any window, most inside walls, and (most importantly) walls to the tunnels that connect Hubs, large ones. To avoid Hub depressurization Life Support would seal that tunnel from both sides, no matter how many people are still inside.

Capacity: 6 Shells/Slugs

Submachine Gun Final legal Security weapon, employed when shit really hits the fan. Attack: 1d10+Mod (Dex)+Training

Weight: 3 lb

Damage:1d6+ training

BurstSubmachine Guns don't have a single-fire option just Burst and Auto, so be careful with ammo. 😛

Burst fires 3 bullets (if available) every time you pull the trigger. Unfortunately, due to the recoil, it doesn't mean all bullets will hit the target. Fortunately, on the other side, Submachine guns have a small recoil. Also unlike Auto results for Burst are automatically calculated. It -1 for every subsequent bullet after the first one. So for example you shoot 1d10+Dex+training and get 11. The first bullet would be 11, the second 10, and the 3rd 9.

AutoAuto works differently than Burst because it keeps shooting as long as you have a finger on the trigger and bullets in the mag (duh)
It has pro's and cons. Pro being while accuracy depends on training you can lead your bullets and adjust (shoot lower if you see bullets go too high and vice versa) also you can shoot at multiple targets. Con accuracy is also luck based since there are more rolls involved, also it chews through ammo. Or to be more precise 80 bullets per round if we take basic by now relatively old MP5 (MP5SD shoots a bit slower, MP5K a bit faster but all can chew through 30 bullets per magazine in 6 sec round.

I works like this. If you blast on full auto say how many bullets go where. Example: Malcolm peeks and notice two guys and recognizes the danger of being caught in a pincer movement he leans out of the cover and showers a primary target with 10 bullets releases the trigger and quickly spays 3 more toward his buddy just to make him think twice about moving.

Now he rolls a normal attack and multiplies it by the number of bullets per target. well take 11 again, then multiply it by the number of bullets 110 for the primary 33 for the buddy. This is the main difference on auto we use percentage so Malcom roll 1d100 twice, and say gets 65% for the first one and 38% for the second one. That is the number of successful hits for each guy. Bless us we have calculators now and know that 65% of 110 is 71.5 and 38 from 33 is 12.54. We round up .5 and above and down .4 and below. So guy number 1 ate 72 damage, guy number two 13. By the way, don't worry after you roll the percentage die required number of times I'll do the rest.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

I have been wondering about an ability to see previous versions of posts, due to stuff like this. Accidental updates, or ones that don't take properly, or whathaveyou. I understand if space on the server is an issue with this though (post history adds a LOT of bloat as opposed to everything just having a single version).

Also, heya Grudge!

57 minutes ago, bwatford said:

Just so that you are aware, a table set like the one above will not display correctly on tablets or mobile devices.

@Grudge An easy fix for that (if you care about mobile) is to set the table to 50% instead of an exact number of pixels. Though, even that won't fix the crammed text (see pic), but I think you're trying to OOC tag stuff so that may fix it.

In general, it's just better to work with %'s over hard numbers. They scale so much nicer.

image.png.1417494575f60704dc49420109dbba69.png

I play only on desktop just because of funkiness in mobile devices, which currently is not an issue because I spend the most day in front of PC, first at work and then at home, I was just wondering if is there a way to "return the clock" as it were it even if I'd lose a portion of the new table still it would be easier than remaking the entire thing.

And what's up MG, been a while. Since a DJ's second freeform died I think. Hope all is well 🙂

3 hours ago, Eric said:

@Grudge Edit history is available but only to staff right now. It's on my to-do list to fix because even what we have available is hard to use. Drop me a link and when the edit was made, and I can restore it for you.

This is the link Weapons second post from the top. and time is written as Tuesday at 10:45 PM (edited) although I tried to fix it myself so returning it some 20-30 minutes more ( 10:25 PM) might be a sweet spot. Thanks for the answers.

14 hours ago, Eric said:

Rolled back--let me know if it is what you were looking for!

Nope, it would appear I played with it longer than I thought. Can you return it to exactly 10:00 PM on Tuesday? If that is a bust I'll just remake it. Thanks for your efforts..

2 hours ago, Grudge said:

Nope, it would appear I played with it longer than I thought. Can you return it to exactly 10:00 PM on Tuesday? If that is a bust I'll just remake it. Thanks for your efforts..

Done!