Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Out of Character thread

Vladim

3 minutes ago, thesloth said:

Ahhhh, I see. I had forgotten about that. 

On a related note, what is the TN for our next set of rolls while we prepare the hillock?

It's tied to each PC's attributes, so for Arton battle is 20-heart.

I wonder if I could try to devise a ruse to give us an edge. Something like intentionally cooking so food so the odor drifts and heightens the blood lust of the orcs. The goal would be making them less cautious or more careless to provide an advantage to our archers as the orcs approach. Maybe as a riddle check or a battle check?

4 hours ago, thesloth said:

I would do it but Arton has only one pip in Awe. I have some great verbal fodder though if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Time for a crash course in hope in second edition then?

• Hope no longer grants a flat bonus post-roll; instead it adds a bonus die (1d6) pre-roll.
  • Not sure about the fellowship pool. Maybe it's the same?
  • Distinctive features no longer allow auto-successes; instead, they make you "Inspired" thus doubling dice due to hope.

So.... You could invoke bold to become inspired and then burn a point of hope (or fellowship? I need to check) to roll 1d12 3d6 vs. TN 14 for Awe. That's not terrible odds for success (70-75% I think).

Ultimately your choice, of course. But consider this your hope tutorial!

22 minutes ago, thesloth said:

Will the fact that I failed my Dread test impact those numbers?

I don't think so. That Dread check just gives you Shadow, and that's all.

I *think* Shadow/Hope are a bit more dynamic in second edition in that they can be lost/gained (respectively) during Fellowship Phase, but the actual rules elude me at this moment. Basically, though, I think there's less incentive to be stingy with Hope in 2nd edition. Could be wrong though!