Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Out of Character thread

Vladim

2 minutes ago, Vladim said:

@Suzuki Stumpy I've unprivated my side-thread, which could help getting rid of the 'forum as unread' problem for now. Just a low-tech fix, but that's what we have. Please excuse the crappy fiction. I am just trying to familiarize myself with TOR 2e & Strider Mode & the lands near Dale/Lake-Town.

It's really no problem.  The tab will still show as unread either way, so it's neither here nor there - although I guess it does give me the option now of reading the thread  🙂

1 minute ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

It's really no problem.  The tab will still show as unread either way, so it's neither here nor there - although I guess it does give me the option now of reading the thread  🙂

Yup, or at least clicking it so that it goes away 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BlueTrillium said:

Possible images for Olwinne? They both look kinda too young but maybe she's just one of those ageless ladies idk (and if Olwinne and Tarric had a daughter I'd definitely use the first one for her but since they don't... not sure. xD)

Olwinne1_440.png.4b976a8236c83aa783da543954b8ad75.pngFirst image (left) here is originally credited to saig-sagittarius on DeviantArt.

The other ones (below) are originally credited to Kim Kincaid on Blogspot (I'm not sure which I like better). I figured this one more closely matches the art style of the other NPCs though?

Olwinne2_360b.png.56c0c03eba06884010bac44b2ba009d6.pngOlwinne2_440.png.d55001d8f38b6a925ade8592d5cd2870.png

I'm good with either! So you choose. I like the art for all. If you prefer the first one I am good with it!

@Vladim Hm, I think, let's keep the first one in reserve for now. Perhaps some other NPC will come up that it will fit. Then we can use the second one for Olwinne. The question is which version... hm. I like the sharper edges/texture of the first version, I think, but I'm good with either (e.g. if you prefer the softer/brighter colored one). But if I'm just picking in a vacuum, I'll go with picture 2, version 1, aka this one:

spacer.png

@Vladim I'm going to toss a short post with Arton talking to Rhadagast and then leaving on some errand.  I think it will be less confusing as we bring in new players and Rhadagast can just drop anything Arton would have known just like any other lore he has gathered over the centuries. 

12 hours ago, thesloth said:

@Vladim I'm going to toss a short post with Arton talking to Rhadagast and then leaving on some errand.  I think it will be less confusing as we bring in new players and Rhadagast can just drop anything Arton would have known just like any other lore he has gathered over the centuries. 

Roger that! More detailed response in the IC thread. But I'm good with your suggestion!

In other news, thread is open @everyone. Go nuts!

I went with the perspective that if you had just lived months of captivity in your head, while only an evening had passed in the real world a person would probably have a hard time trusting their own eyes anymore. I think with that ending, you can plop him anywhere you need an instant NPC or a cameo for some plot point easily enough.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have The One Ring characters: if it gets tricky to decide which of Radagast's spells should be cast on the company (if any) in the IC thread, we can also do so here. The three options are:

• Animal protection: bonus to Awareness
  • Spell of Concealment: bonus to Stealth
  • Travel blessing: bonus to Travel.

Each spell requires a successful social skill check (we already have one, from Gramtyng) and adds +2 to starting Eye Awareness (which makes Revelation episodes more likely).