Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Year 2950: A Gathering in Rhosgobel

Vladim

unknown.png

Ed: 1 | He: 3 | Ir: 2 | Sh: 2 | Wi: 1

Mom: 2 (10/2) | Heart: 5 | Spirit: 5 | Supply: 5
Tarric

An unremarkable man stepped forth from the crowd. He was much like other Woodmen, perhaps slightly broader, his brown hair and beard a bit less neat. Just about anyone who'd spent more than a day or two in Rhosgobel had at least seen him, though - him, or his fairer counterpart: A tall, strong woman with a thick blonde braid over her shoulder. They'd worked constantly as a team to accommodate (and pacify, if necessary) the various guests of the village during this time. His bear form was perhaps not so well known amongst the newcomers, but it was no secret either.

"I'm Tarric, as many of you know, and Rhosgobel is my home. I've defended this place before, and I will do so again," he declared. "I welcome those who would do the same, and I know Radagast will lead us aright."

OOC/Mechanics

n/a

Assets

Berserker - (Combat Talent)
When you Secure an Advantage or Compel by embodying your wild nature, add +1, and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Strike or Clash by unleashing your rage (decide before rolling), inflict +1 harm on a hit. Then, choose one:
------ Push yourself: Endure Harm (1 harm)
------ Lose yourself: Endure Stress (1 stress)
When you Endure Harm in a fight, and your Health is above zero, you may let the pain inflame your wildness (decide before rolling). If you then score a strong hit and choose to embrace the pain, take +momentum equal to your remaining Health. A weak hit counts as a miss.

Wayfinder - (Path)
When you Undertake a Journey, take +1 momentum on a strong hit. If you burn momentum to improve your result, also take +1 momentum after reset.
When you Secure an Advantage or Gather Information by carefully surveying the landscape or scouting ahead, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Swear an Iron Vow to safely guide someone on a perilous journey, you may reroll any dice. When you Fulfill Your Vow and mark experience, take +1 experience.

Talisman - (Ritual)
When you fashion a charm, envision it and name the specific person or creature it protects against. Then roll +wits.
------ On a strong it, when the wearer opposes the target through a move, add +2. If a one is rolled on the action die while making a move using the charm, the magic is spent.
------ On a weak hit, as above, but the wearer adds +1 when making a move (instead of +2).
As above, and you may instead fashion a charm which aids the wearer against all supernatural threats, such as mystic rituals or horrors.
When you perform this ritual, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.

Shadow-walk - (Ritual)
When you cloak yourself with the gossamer veil of the shadow realms, roll +shadow. On a strong hit, take +1 momentum. Then, reroll any dice (one time only) when you make a move by ambushing, hiding, or sneaking. On a weak hit, as above, but the shadows try to lead you astray. You must first Face Danger to find your way.
As above, and you may also travel along the hidden paths of the shadow realms to Undertake a Journey using +shadow (instead of +wits). If you do, Endure Stress (1 stress) and mark progress twice on a strong hit.

Progress

▥= 1 tick, ▦= 2 ticks, ▩= 3 ticks, = full

Vow: name (rank)
Failure:
Bonds:

Bond 1: Olwinne his wife
Bond 2: Rhosgobel villagers/friends
Bond 3: Idunn
Bond 4: Woodmen-town
Bond 5: Bróin/Vara
Experience: ◍ = have, = used

Completed Vows: Rescue the Missing Hunters (T), Deal with the Spiders (D), Defend the Woodmen (F)
Completed Scenes: Destroy the Spider Nest (F), Convince the Elvenking (D), Defend the Western Walls (T)
Completed Combats: Boss Spider (F), Orc Warband (D), Stealthy Orc Infiltrators (T)
Completed Journeys: To Forest Gate (D)

Edited by BlueTrillium (see edit history)

spacer.png

After Tarric had spoken, the others followed suit, and soon the company was introduced to its remaining few members: Brenior, who dwelled in Rhosgobel; Bróin, son of Bori, a dwarf from Erebor, and Ingi, son of Isolf, a Lake-Man that had journeyed with some of the others in years and months past.

As all spoke their introductions, Radagast’s attention was elsewhere: he looked to the departing rangers, and his eyes followed them until they had crossed the gate and vanished out of sight. For a moment he seemed lost in thought, but by then all in attendance had said their part. Snapping out of this inattention, he turned back to the company, and spoke.

‘Some of you know why I have gathered you here. Others may only understand part of it. But now at last is the time to speak, and act, and quickly.

News has reached me of late. At first, I thought them rumors and wild stories: coincidences disconnected from one another. But those that have just departed have brought me tidings that are impossible to ignore.’

Here he paused for a moment, and looked about him with some concern. After a while, he grasped his oaken staff and, not waiting to see if any followed him, he turned and started to walk in the direction of the little grove of trees where his house was nestled in. ‘Come.’ he said plainly. ‘Such matters are not for all ears.’

He led them along until they reached a path of crushed white stones. It wound its way through the woods, and though the trees were few, they were tall and mighty and densely packed, and were reminiscent of those wild and ancient specimens found in the deeper parts of Mirkwood.

The path took them along the sharp-thorned brown hedge that protected Rhosgobel from the orcs and the wild woods beyond, and brought them to a small cottage in a little clearing. Outside, a horse was eating grass contently in a field beside the house, but the house itself seemed too small to contain all of them, and so the wizard halted here and addressed them.

‘There is talk of Orcs moving across Wilderland, of evil things stirring up, of disquiet and sorrow and all manner of unpleasant things. Many of you have witnessed some things in years or months past, which is partly why I summoned you. This news comes from all quarters, but mostly from the west.

I was so concerned that I sent word south to the head of my order, Saruman the White, who is wise beyond all others. He said that the best thing to do would be to act quickly and quietly, and with caution.

My intent is dual. Some of you I wish to send in search of the root of these stories. The rest will accompany me to Dol Guldur, to search what was once the Necromancer’s stronghold. Our mission is to gather information – we must learn all that we can, but we must not reveal our presence to the enemy at any cost!

For those of you that are to travel West, I think the best place to start is Mountain Hall, the main settlement of the Woodsfolk west of the Great River. Hartfast is head of the council of Elders there – he is a good man, very sensible, and little happens in the vale of Anduin that escapes his notice. Ask him for news. The Eagles say that there is a new fortress on the moors of the Gladden. If trouble is stirring, then Hartfast will have heard of it.’

OOC
  • @TheObsoleteMan @Maester1216 @Yelik I hope you don't mind, but I did some light NPCing to wrap up the introductions, so that everyone knows everyone by name and we can move on.
  • For the next part, I won't necessarily wait for all 9 of you to post before I do. If there's any dialogue, I'll let it happen organically, responding on a daily or semi-daily basis if I can to PCs' questions or comments.
  • I don't think we'll have the issue of the discussion dominated by a few PCs, but if so I'll coordinate us a bit using the Discord.
  • The goal here is to get as much information as possible from Radagast, and to get his help; you can ask him stuff freely, and for the time being no rolls are required.

Dahr-Olspacer.png

Dahr-Ol followed the wizard, curiosity coursing through him. He had tales of the wizards from his old people and from the Beornings. They were radically different in many ways, but both sets of lore agreed the wizards knew much and usually said little. Something must have rattled Radagast. And from the look of the rangers it was serious.

"I volunteer to go to Mountain Hall. If you need stealth, I am not much fit for it. And it would be perfectly normal for me to visit there. You say a fortress has been built in the Gladden fields? By whom? What about it do we need to learn from Hartfast?"

Barin Greycloak
lhV7Mo1.png

Sighing, Barin said, "I shall travel with you once again into the West.  If things are stirring, then this affects us all."  Turning to the wizard he added, "I ask only that you allow me to send a raven with a message for King Dain to let him know of my whereabouts - he will surely by now be seeking tidings of what we found in the North as well as what has occurred here in the south of Wilderland."

spacer.pngRadagast first nodded to Barin, granting him quietly the promise that this would be done. As a wizard, he had the friendship of all kinds of birds and woodland creatures, and many claimed that even the ravens that were friends to the longboards had in the deep past been his own friends and agents, though such things were perhaps tall tales. Either way, sending a message would be no trouble for one of his knowledge.

Then he turned to the Beorning, for whom he reserved a lengthier response.

"The rangers did not say; they only spoke of what the Lord of the Eagles told them, for they did not see the fortress themselves. Yet I confirmed it with Gwaihir the Windlord himself, and so it is true.

The fields lie in perpetual mist, but at times they clear briefly, and it was then that he saw the fortress, and a presence of orcs about it. I cannot say of whether they have built it, or simply reclaimed an abandoned old ruin, for I have not seen it with my eyes. That is why you must investigate!

Hartfast knows the land well, and though he does not venture far from Mountain-Hall frequently, he has hunters and scouts and traders that may know more. And besides, the hall is the only safe haven in that region and east of the Mountains for many leagues. You have to start somewhere, and Firienseld provides the best chance, owing to its proximity to the Gladden.

As to what you are looking for... well, I do not know. Something evil. With luck, it is just some bandit. With less luck, a new Great Goblin. If I knew what it was, I wouldn't be sending you, would I?"

Cecil Brandybuck
Untitled_Artworkcopy.jpg.3a453d429e35af459f8b1f395c801882.jpg

Cecil lost the taste for his pipe as the old man spoke. There was an unsavoriness to their whispering conspiracies. He tried not to think on them, for to dwell on Radagast’s words was to ask why he had travelled so far and so painfully to an abandoned land. Still, he could not help but feel a tingle at the mentioning of Dwarven kings and orders and great advisors. 

“I will accompany Barin and Dahr-Ol to Mountain-Hall, though I cannot offer more. I am not a soldier - and this is not a fight of hobbit folk. I will do my part until we part ways."

He replaced his pipe. In a land beset with wretchedness and strange maneuverings, there was no sense wandering alone.

Edited by Modest_Proposal (see edit history)

Dahr-Olspacer.png

Dahr-Ol looked to Cecil and smiled. 

"No one here is  a soldier unless Annungil chooses to join us. But I met another of your folk once, deep in the mountains. Brave he was, and tough. As Radagast has said, our goal is only to learn about this fortress. Not to to destroy it. You are most welcome to accompany us."

spacer.png
Lachiel had fallen into wonderment upon walking into the woods, recognizing the trees of her home. She wondered just how Radagast had manged to nurture such deepwood growth here on the edges of Mirkwood. She pitied she'd likely not have the chance to pick his ear about it.

A more serious energy fell upon the Elf woman as talk of Orcs and some evil in the west came up.

Using the spear in her hands to tamp the ground with its butt, Lachiel spoke up, "I too shall accompany you to Mountain Hall. While I can be quiet when needs be, I'd rather not step foot near Dol Guldur. It haunts my people--for good reason--but I am not one drawn to purge it. Not only that, if evil stirs on the fields of Gladden you may yet need my spear. Radagast, you may count upon whatever help I can offer in this."

After a moment, she added, "Also, I've heard the fens have a certain aesthetic charm about them. I wouldn't mind seeing them at least once." She smiled, hoping to avoid getting berated for wanting to do a little sight-seeing.
Name
Lore about Mountain Hall
[ᚵ] (5,5,5) = 25
tor(3,no) 12,5,5,5

spacer.png"The lands about the Gladden are harsh, and have a bitter history. Saruman the White is a loremaster without equal, and he knows much about it... yet I would not call it a pleasant place. If your task draws you towards the mist-shrouded marshes, you will discover this for yourselves."

He looked at the elf kindly, as an old grandfather would, something unfamiliar amongst Lachiel's peoples, who were spared the ravages of time.

"But I will not come with you. I am no great traveller, and I would only slow you, and besides: Dol Guldur is closer to home, and perhaps it is also a source of these evils. I must accompany the others to it. I have, however, someone who could help you set course for the hall. But all in due time."

Having responded to Lachiel's comments, he turned his attention back to Cecil and Dahr-Ol. 

"The Beorning speaks the truth. Gandalf the Grey has always spoken highly of hobbits. And discretion may yet prove more useful than valor in this task. I think that it is good if you joined the company, Cecil of the Shire, but you must decide for yourself what aid you will lend them, when the time comes."

OOC

@Malkavian Grin that's a successful roll (basic success), so mark down your first Advancement Point in the Vocation category. You'll find more info on advancement points in the rules section of the game.

Additionally, let's treat this as the preliminary Lore check that is made before a journey. This gives you a bonus die (d6) to be used at any point during the journey. Once you use it, it is gone.

Story-wise, let's say that Lachiel has heard of Mountain Hall even if she's never been there herself. Located over the other side of the great river Anduin, and nested into the Misty Mountains, it is populated by Men-folk much like the Woodmen here. But it was only recently that these folk were admitted into the Woodmen-at least, "recently" by elven standards, which means a few decades ago. The location of the place is kept a secret from outsiders, as a means of protection, but this custom has somewhat relaxed ever since Beorn was made a leader in the Vales of the Anduin.

Gramtyng, son of Fastredspacer.png

Riders of RohanThe Men of the Mark are a generous folk, but when war is upon them, then they are fell to their enemies as they are loyal to their friends. When the lust of battle is on them, they appear as men stricken with grief, their faces deathly white, or as madmen ready to laugh at despair. The Riders of Rohan may enter a battle-fury if they roll an 11 or 12 on any attack or Protection roll. When this happens, they may choose to gain a point of Shadow, to add one Success die (up to a maximum of 6) to all their close combat attack rolls until the end of the battle.

Minstrel of the Golden Hall The history of Rohan is not written in any book or tome. Instead it is secreted in the verses of those songs you were taught by your mother and father. You have sung for the living and the dead, and your voice has filled even the Golden Hall of Meduseld. But new deeds worthy of song occur each day as a darkness gathers and you would be there to witness them first-hand and weave them into legend.
Basic Attributes: Body 5. Heart 5. Wits 4.
Favoured Skill: Song
 | Standard of Living: MartialIndividuals belonging to a Martial culture often live according to their status in the military hierarchy, with simple warriors and soldiers sleeping together in a common area; probably as part of the household of a renowned chieftain or noble. Meals are usually consumed in large halls, with seats and tables arranged to observe rules of precedence or respect. Clothing reflects the military status of an individual as well, or that of his family.

Martial player-heroes have enough resources to look after themselves, and to pay for such things as simple accommodation and meals. Ever mindful of the cost of any luxury, they often lead an austere life, or resort to haggling to lower the price of whatever they are trying to get hold of.
Calling"Speak no secrets! Here is a scholar in the Ancient Tongue."
For you, knowledge makes the wild world a less threatening place to live in. Strangers become friends if addressed properly, yellowed maps in lost books replace a fear of the unknown with curiosity and wonder of places you have yet to explore, songs composed in ages past strengthen the weariest of hearts. A love of learning guides your every step, and illuminates the way for you and those who listen to your advice.
Favoured Skill Groups: Perception, Vocation
Trait: Rhymes of Lore
Shadow Weakness: Lure of Secrets
"The roots of those mountains must be roots indeed; there must be great secrets buried there which have not been discovered since the beginning."
Inquisitiveness and curiosity are desirable virtues in an individual, but knowledge can be put to malicious use and learned individuals can look down on others as ignorant fools. Secrets are dangerous, as the very desire of uncovering them may corrupt the heart.
TraitsMinistrelsy ☐
Story-Telling ☐
Rhymes of Lore ☐
Hero of the Woodmen ☐
Fair ☐
Reckless(Mastery) ☐
 | AP: 1Personality: ✧✧✧
Movement: ✧✧✧
Perception: ✧✧✧
Survival: ✧✧✧
Custom: ✧✧✧
Vocation: ✧✧✧
| XP: 55(62) | DP: 0No Challenges Yet.

Valour: 4Ancient Mail from Gondor(Mail) - lets you Rally Comrades from Forward Stance and allowed to attack(Found).

Horsetail Helm - Standing +1. When fighting on horseback or foot in Forward Stance, if you roll a Gandalf, you receive a bonus success die you can spend on any future rolls or give to a companion(From Heruthain).

Raging - quality unlock for Cenegeslit.
 | Wisdom: 4Old Songs and Children's Tales - When you roll a success on Inspire, Travel, Insight, Healing, Riddle, Lore check Song rating, if it is same or higher, then upgrade the quality of the success up by one: Normal->Great->Extraordinary. If the roll produced Gandalf rune, gain 1 point of Hope, once per session.

Household Esquire: Add an extra die to preparation rolls: Lore, Battle, and Insight when preparing for Journey/Combat/Social. Max 6 dice. Squire can also recover horse, bring spare weapon or shield if you drop or are disarmed, will carry you from field of battle if knocked down.

Ominous Blessing: Born in the shadow of Dwimorberg. When you roll a Sauron, can change it into a Gandalf for 1 shadow point. Luck turns and favors you but someone suffers.
 | 
End: 27/27 | Load: 15 | Fatigue: 0[+1] | Hope: 12/14 | Shadow: 6 [0] | Parry: 6 | Weary: No | Mis: No |Wound: No

Skills: Body 5 (8)+Awe ▣▣☐☐☐☐
Athletics ▣▣▣▣☐☐
Awareness ▣☐☐☐☐☐
Explore ▣☐☐☐☐☐
+Song ▣▣▣▣☐☐
Craft ▣☐☐☐☐☐
 | Heart 5 (7)Inspire ▣▣▣☐☐☐
Travel ▣▣▣☐☐☐
+Insight ▣▣▣☐☐☐
Healing☐☐☐☐☐☐
Courtesy ▣▣☐☐☐☐
Battle ▣▣☐☐☐☐
| Wits 4 (5)Persuade ☐☐☐☐☐☐
Stealth ☐☐☐☐☐☐
Search ☐☐☐☐☐☐
Hunting ▣▣▣☐☐☐
Riddle ▣☐☐☐☐☐
+Lore ▣▣▣☐☐☐
| WeaponsSwords ▣▣▣▣☐☐
Bow ▣▣▣☐☐☐
Dagger ▣☐☐☐☐☐
 | War GearWeapon | Damage | Edge | Injury | Notes | Enc
Sword 5 8 16 Ancient Keen 2
Bow 5 10 14 N/A 1

Armour/Shield | Protection | Parry | Enc
Mail 3d 12(6)
Helm +4 2
Shield +2 3
| EquipmentTreasure: 7
War Gear: Mail Shirt, Helm, Shield
Leasere: Radhors
Mab's Liquor(3)
Elven-Crafted Horse Reins
Durin the Seeker
Radagast's Tome.
 | SongsSong of Mourning(Tome) ☐
Battle-Song ☐

"If the Lord of the Eagles has seen that there is a wrongness to it, then that is all that needs to be said." Nodded Gramtyng. "It would be difficult to find keener eyes. But a fortress in Gladden... Hm. Strange tales. I suppose even orcs could be forced to build, but quickly and stealthily?" He found himself doubting this. Perhaps there was something else, some other concealed element. He briefly studied the others' faces. The holbytla and the elf he did not recognize, but it was evident they would be traveling companions. "...Visiting old Hartfast doesnt sound bad. It's been a while since I paid him a visit... Though I'd have liked to go to Dol Guldur, I will likely be of more use in the open. Hopefully Magric came back, he's had what, a year? Since he left for that mead." He would have been better off sticking to Mirkwood where his oath to Idunn lay, and the north, where his dream of the mearas was - maybe - but ignoring the Brown Wizard's council was foolish... even if he did not favor traveling with some of his companions.

OOC/Actions/Rolls

I am not entirely certain if Gram can actually roll Lore for 'what fortress could be in Gladden' but he's been here for some years - maybe he does.
If 17 is a success, it is upgraded to a Great Success from Old Songs. If not, I can spend 1 point of Hope to boost it there.

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)
Name
Lore
[2] (5,5,5) = 17
tor(3,no) 2,5,5,5

spacer.png"I would join you if I could." said Idunn, not forgetting the bonds of friendship with Gramtyng and the others, forged through many hardships and over many years. "But the forest is as much my home as Firienseld." 

She turned to those that were meant to journey there, taking the westward paths through Wilderland.

"You will have a good guide in Gramtyng. He has been to Mountain-Hall before, and even southwards to the Trader's Isle, which lies not far from the Gladden. He knows the mountain-paths well, and he knows the land and its perils."

Turning to her old friend, she added: "Give my regards to Hartfast and Fundor and our friends. It has been long since I last saw them."

OOC

@Diofant that's all reasonable; I think Gram would know the tales of an old ruin in the Gladden Fields which the Woodmen of Mountain-Hall call the Dwimmerhorn. They say that its location is not fixed; it vanishes and reappears in different places with the shifting mists, and the fisherfolk dread it and think it an ill-omen. Its real age is unknown, but the Woodmen think it ancient.

Dahr-Olspacer.png

Dahr-Ol looked to Lachiel and thought of Celebros.

"Lachiel, I am sure we will be glad of your company and knowledge. The courage of the elves is known to us.

Gramtyng, I'm ready to leave when you are. Elfwynn will meet us at the gates."

Dahr-Ol gave the name of Gladden some thought. His previous people had no shortage of tales of both victory and defeat. He wondered if this place had ever been mentioned.

Name
Shadow Lore to recall any mention of Gladden
[1] (3) = 4
tor(1,no) 1,3

unknown.png

Ed: 1 | He: 3 | Ir: 2 | Sh: 2 | Wi: 1

Mom: 2 (10/2) | Heart: 5 | Spirit: 5 | Supply: 5
Tarric

"Dol Guldur..." Tarric had grown grimmer as the wizard spoke, and he muttered the name with a feeling of hovering dread. The Necromancer's fortress was an ill-fated place indeed, but he had scouted that area before, long ago. It should be no different now, yet he had this feeling... The Beorning retreated into his thoughts. Olwinne gave him a look of concern and took one broad hand in both of her own.

OOC/Mechanics

n/a

Assets

Berserker - (Combat Talent)
When you Secure an Advantage or Compel by embodying your wild nature, add +1, and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Strike or Clash by unleashing your rage (decide before rolling), inflict +1 harm on a hit. Then, choose one:
------ Push yourself: Endure Harm (1 harm)
------ Lose yourself: Endure Stress (1 stress)
When you Endure Harm in a fight, and your Health is above zero, you may let the pain inflame your wildness (decide before rolling). If you then score a strong hit and choose to embrace the pain, take +momentum equal to your remaining Health. A weak hit counts as a miss.

Wayfinder - (Path)
When you Undertake a Journey, take +1 momentum on a strong hit. If you burn momentum to improve your result, also take +1 momentum after reset.
When you Secure an Advantage or Gather Information by carefully surveying the landscape or scouting ahead, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Swear an Iron Vow to safely guide someone on a perilous journey, you may reroll any dice. When you Fulfill Your Vow and mark experience, take +1 experience.

Talisman - (Ritual)
When you fashion a charm, envision it and name the specific person or creature it protects against. Then roll +wits.
------ On a strong it, when the wearer opposes the target through a move, add +2. If a one is rolled on the action die while making a move using the charm, the magic is spent.
------ On a weak hit, as above, but the wearer adds +1 when making a move (instead of +2).
As above, and you may instead fashion a charm which aids the wearer against all supernatural threats, such as mystic rituals or horrors.

Shadow-walk - (Ritual)
When you cloak yourself with the gossamer veil of the shadow realms, roll +shadow. On a strong hit, take +1 momentum. Then, reroll any dice (one time only) when you make a move by ambushing, hiding, or sneaking. On a weak hit, as above, but the shadows try to lead you astray. You must first Face Danger to find your way.
As above, and you may also travel along the hidden paths of the shadow realms to Undertake a Journey using +shadow (instead of +wits). If you do, Endure Stress (1 stress) and mark progress twice on a strong hit.

Progress

▥= 1 tick, ▦= 2 ticks, ▩= 3 ticks, = full

Failure:
Bonds:

Bond 1: Olwinne his wife
Bond 2: Rhosgobel villagers/friends
Bond 3: Idunn
Bond 4: Woodmen-town
Bond 5: Bróin/Vara
Experience: ◍ = have, = used

Completed Vows: Rescue the Missing Hunters (T), Deal with the Spiders (D), Defend the Woodmen (F)
Completed Scenes: Destroy the Spider Nest (F), Convince the Elvenking (D), Defend the Western Walls (T)
Completed Combats: Boss Spider (F), Orc Warband (D), Stealthy Orc Infiltrators (T)
Completed Journeys: To Forest Gate (D)

Gramtyng, son of Fastredspacer.png

Riders of RohanThe Men of the Mark are a generous folk, but when war is upon them, then they are fell to their enemies as they are loyal to their friends. When the lust of battle is on them, they appear as men stricken with grief, their faces deathly white, or as madmen ready to laugh at despair. The Riders of Rohan may enter a battle-fury if they roll an 11 or 12 on any attack or Protection roll. When this happens, they may choose to gain a point of Shadow, to add one Success die (up to a maximum of 6) to all their close combat attack rolls until the end of the battle.

Minstrel of the Golden Hall The history of Rohan is not written in any book or tome. Instead it is secreted in the verses of those songs you were taught by your mother and father. You have sung for the living and the dead, and your voice has filled even the Golden Hall of Meduseld. But new deeds worthy of song occur each day as a darkness gathers and you would be there to witness them first-hand and weave them into legend.
Basic Attributes: Body 5. Heart 5. Wits 4.
Favoured Skill: Song
 | Standard of Living: MartialIndividuals belonging to a Martial culture often live according to their status in the military hierarchy, with simple warriors and soldiers sleeping together in a common area; probably as part of the household of a renowned chieftain or noble. Meals are usually consumed in large halls, with seats and tables arranged to observe rules of precedence or respect. Clothing reflects the military status of an individual as well, or that of his family.

Martial player-heroes have enough resources to look after themselves, and to pay for such things as simple accommodation and meals. Ever mindful of the cost of any luxury, they often lead an austere life, or resort to haggling to lower the price of whatever they are trying to get hold of.
Calling"Speak no secrets! Here is a scholar in the Ancient Tongue."
For you, knowledge makes the wild world a less threatening place to live in. Strangers become friends if addressed properly, yellowed maps in lost books replace a fear of the unknown with curiosity and wonder of places you have yet to explore, songs composed in ages past strengthen the weariest of hearts. A love of learning guides your every step, and illuminates the way for you and those who listen to your advice.
Favoured Skill Groups: Perception, Vocation
Trait: Rhymes of Lore
Shadow Weakness: Lure of Secrets
"The roots of those mountains must be roots indeed; there must be great secrets buried there which have not been discovered since the beginning."
Inquisitiveness and curiosity are desirable virtues in an individual, but knowledge can be put to malicious use and learned individuals can look down on others as ignorant fools. Secrets are dangerous, as the very desire of uncovering them may corrupt the heart.
TraitsMinistrelsy ☐
Story-Telling ☐
Rhymes of Lore ☐
Hero of the Woodmen ☐
Fair ☐
Reckless(Mastery) ☐
 | AP: 1Personality: ✧✧✧
Movement: ✧✧✧
Perception: ✧✧✧
Survival: ✧✧✧
Custom: ✧✧✧
Vocation: ✧✧✧
| XP: 55(62) | DP: 0No Challenges Yet.

Valour: 4Ancient Mail from Gondor(Mail) - lets you Rally Comrades from Forward Stance and allowed to attack(Found).

Horsetail Helm - Standing +1. When fighting on horseback or foot in Forward Stance, if you roll a Gandalf, you receive a bonus success die you can spend on any future rolls or give to a companion(From Heruthain).

Raging - quality unlock for Cenegeslit.
 | Wisdom: 4Old Songs and Children's Tales - When you roll a success on Inspire, Travel, Insight, Healing, Riddle, Lore check Song rating, if it is same or higher, then upgrade the quality of the success up by one: Normal->Great->Extraordinary. If the roll produced Gandalf rune, gain 1 point of Hope, once per session.

Household Esquire: Add an extra die to preparation rolls: Lore, Battle, and Insight when preparing for Journey/Combat/Social. Max 6 dice. Squire can also recover horse, bring spare weapon or shield if you drop or are disarmed, will carry you from field of battle if knocked down.

Ominous Blessing: Born in the shadow of Dwimorberg. When you roll a Sauron, can change it into a Gandalf for 1 shadow point. Luck turns and favors you but someone suffers.
 | 
End: 27/27 | Load: 15 | Fatigue: 0[+1] | Hope: 12/14 | Shadow: 6 [0] | Parry: 6 | Weary: No | Mis: No |Wound: No

Skills: Body 5 (8)+Awe ▣▣☐☐☐☐
Athletics ▣▣▣▣☐☐
Awareness ▣☐☐☐☐☐
Explore ▣☐☐☐☐☐
+Song ▣▣▣▣☐☐
Craft ▣☐☐☐☐☐
 | Heart 5 (7)Inspire ▣▣▣☐☐☐
Travel ▣▣▣☐☐☐
+Insight ▣▣▣☐☐☐
Healing☐☐☐☐☐☐
Courtesy ▣▣☐☐☐☐
Battle ▣▣☐☐☐☐
| Wits 4 (5)Persuade ☐☐☐☐☐☐
Stealth ☐☐☐☐☐☐
Search ☐☐☐☐☐☐
Hunting ▣▣▣☐☐☐
Riddle ▣☐☐☐☐☐
+Lore ▣▣▣☐☐☐
| WeaponsSwords ▣▣▣▣☐☐
Bow ▣▣▣☐☐☐
Dagger ▣☐☐☐☐☐
 | War GearWeapon | Damage | Edge | Injury | Notes | Enc
Sword 5 8 16 Ancient Keen 2
Bow 5 10 14 N/A 1

Armour/Shield | Protection | Parry | Enc
Mail 3d 12(6)
Helm +4 2
Shield +2 3
| EquipmentTreasure: 7
War Gear: Mail Shirt, Helm, Shield
Leasere: Radhors
Mab's Liquor(3)
Elven-Crafted Horse Reins
Durin the Seeker
Radagast's Tome.
 | SongsSong of Mourning(Tome) ☐
Battle-Song ☐

The bard's grim facade cracked briefly as he nodded to Idunn with a grin that quickly waned. "Of course, Idunn. I'll trust Wuthred to watch your back instead of me. Doubt he needs any persuasion on that count but there'll be a good bone with some meat on it for him when we meet next to compare stories." He knew her well enough to not change her mind when the cause was right. Everyone went to where they would be more of use against the Shadow - that was only fair. It still felt.. bad. Not because he was worried for her safety - after all he, already knew when his Doom and hers would find them, though he did worry about Belgo. "If you end up near Black Tarn and need a place to rest, you know where my hunting lodge is. I will give Hartfast and Fundor your best." 

He spared Dahr-Ol a curt nod, his grin mow fully gone, before turning to Radagast next, pulling at his own beard lightly and chasing away the slight stab of what felt like loneliness away with considerations of the path ahead. Idunn trusted him with directions  and he needed to live up to thise expectations, but the thing he remembered about 'a fortress in Gladden' were neither welcome nor glad memories. One was a dark rhyme he fugured was used to frighten children into obedience  the other whispered of a giant's shadow cast over his birth and a large part of his life, and made him wish to shiver as if from a sudden chill. But he was stronger now than he was then, and no longer an arrogant boy who spurned all counsel but his own...

"Elder Radagast." He began respectfully. "I believe I will be able to notify you of anything we learn by asking Dunir for help. He should be able to find you, I trust. But... this fortress in Gladden, I may have heard of it. I need time to consult my notes and put my memories in order but if I am right, that place is more than simply an orc-fort. We go to it because we stealth is not our strong suit... yet secrecy may be needed here too. Have you any blessing you could grant to shield us from the enemy's sight - else some other boon you see fitting better?"

OOC/Actions/Rolls

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)
Name
Courtesy(Hero of the Woodmen -2TN)
[10] (4,3) = 17
tor(2,no) 10,4,3

Cecil Brandybuck
Untitled_Artworkcopy.jpg.3a453d429e35af459f8b1f395c801882.jpg

He wondered what poor Hobbit had lost himself in the mountains. Some of the older, more queer folk would slip out of the Shire now and again. And Bree had its fair share of travelers. He looked up at Dahr-Ol.

“Brave, indeed! Are you sure it was not a skinny Dwarf?” Cecil said before muttering, “The mountains are no place for Hobbits. No place for anyone with any sense.”

As Lachiel spoke of her people, he looked to woods East and imagined a canopy of Elven eyes staring down at them. That an evil could haunt such fair folk was a strange thought.

Then Radagast spoke. 

“Gandalf! You say, Gandalf? Old man, pointy hat? He visits the Shire, you know. Always on about his little toys from the mountain.” With that, he relaxed and thought a moment. “I will join your company. I cannot promise more than I have. But what I have, I can promise.” 

Edited by Modest_Proposal (see edit history)