Sheet Folders in Testing ×

WYSIWYG editor layout and styling

Neopopulas

Hi, its me again.

I was wondering if there was anything in the pipeline for some styling of the editor, or even if it was physically possible.

I've been doing a lot of posting lately working on game stuff and i noticed that the editor layout changes a lot, depending on the width of the edit box, of course.

If you're posting the first post of a thread, starting a new topic, or posting in reply to a thread, its very narrow but if you are editing your topic its much wider - this is because there is nothing on the right hand side in that instance, i'd assume. This has been especially obvious since the narrowing of the page width a little while ago.

With that in mind is it possible to sort of, shift some of the buttons on the toolbar?

For one, Size and Font don't actually have buttons so they sort of stand out a lot and break up the flow of the editor, if they could be moved to the end of the toolbar they would sit on the second row and not stand out or break up the bar as much. And i'm pretty sure there is enough space for the entire bar on the second row to fit at the end there.

In the same vein, if Source was moved to the end of the bar along with the private buttons, that might also help as i've found myself hunting around on either side to find buttons. At very least, Table should probably be over with OOC and Spoiler.

But again i don't know how hard or even possible this is, its such a minor QOL thing but it'd do a lot i think.

We do actually have control over this. I haven't taken a turn at optimization since we have been adding buttons periodically, but we're down to the last couple of additions here soon so we will review feedback and clean things up.

There are two different editor skins at work here, one for the light themes and one for the dark themes, I don't think the skins change the button layout just the appearance of the buttons so it should not interfere with changing the order when you get around to it Eric.