Welcome to Morgansfort

GaryD20

Gray Greencastle

https://i.imgur.com/AoyctJI.jpg   
Gray expresses noble-minded interest in Shepherds Pie.

“I’ll have that with, too,” he says rather awkwardly but enthusiastically to the serving girl.    

“Oh, I do look forward to all aspects of being an adventurer!  Including that which adventurers eat, and drink.  

“Oh, this is going to be marvelous!”

Gray takes a seat next to his companions.  He gazes emerald eyes in direction of the other half-dozen or so patrons.  Trying to see what they’re up to.  Surely they must be adventurers too!

Yes, surely, noble fellow.

Edited by guitarist (see edit history)

Hurrying off after taking everyones food order, Irene has plates of steaming shepherds pie set before you lickety split. As you turn your attentions to the task of filling your bellies, the door to the tavern opens and a man slowly enters. He is middle aged and has obviously seen better days. A large blood soaked bandage covers half his face and head. The eye beneath the bandage seems to be the source of all the blood. The man makes his way gingerly to an empty table and struggles down into a chair. "Irene!" He calls out. "Ale!"

Irene immediately appears with an ale and sets it down on the table before him.  

Irene.jpg.9b4574a41efafb05a65cfba684a5a9e8.jpg

"By the Gods!" She exclaims upon setting eyes on the man. "Bart, you look no better than you did yesterday. Or the day before for that matter. You feeling any better?"

Bart.jpg.1d908e6a26ddc1baaf4480b0291f525f.jpg

"Hardly," Bart growls. He takes up the mug of ale and drinks deeply. "Another," he says slamming the mug down on the table. 

As Irene heads off, the man watches her go. Then, noticing the inquisitive stares coming his way from a few of the party members, 

he barks, "What are you lookin at?"

Edited by GaryD20 (see edit history)

Mortimer Davorus

MortimerDavorus.png.f8f7cc5349a52ebd5bea181cb75795fe.pngMort turned his gaze back to his food and continued to eat.

Once the wench was close enough, he motioned for her to come over and then quietly inquired about the nature of the bloodied man's wounds.

"If he requires stitches, I can be of service if you have a needle and some thread."

Although he had never stitched a living person before, how different could it be from a dead one?

Irene places a fresh mug of ale on the table for Bart and snatches up the empty. On her way back to the bar she notices Mort motioning her over.

Irene.jpg.9b4574a41efafb05a65cfba684a5a9e8.jpg

"Not sure exactly what happened," she says to Mort's inquiry. She glances toward Bart before turning her attention back to Mort. "He hasn't really said anything about it. Not to me anyway. Word around Morgansfort is he went out to the Olde Island Fortress with a couple other men he took up with. Adventurers such as yourselves. He was the only one to return." She shakes her head, perplexed. "I'll never understand this need for crawling through forgotten, monster infested places, risking life and limb for the hopes of finding a few gold pieces. It's madness, if you ask me!"

At that moment, Bart calls out for another ale and Irene hurries off.

Mordel
When the stranger with the bleeding head entered, Mordel just kept listening attentively. "His condition may be severe, and he's still hanging about..he's either crazy orcrazy determined."
spacer.png

But when Irene shares a specific piece of information about him, though, he perks up his head and after Irene is gone once again, says to his companions in a low voice: "The Olde Island Fortress. he said? Quite curious..he might be an adventurer not dissimilar to ourselves. It may prove beneficial to have a quick word with him about his experiences, given the nature of our further travels."

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

spacer.png
spacer.png

Gemlia clamored her way into the tavern well after everyone else. She'd gotten sidetracked just outside by a man with a small animal she'd never seen before. He played music and the animal danced. She tipped the man a handful of silver and went about her way.

Inside, the Dwarf woman made her way to the far end of the bar, leaving a space between her and Kharn. "Have ya any mead, sir?" she asked the barkeep as her shield was unceremoniously dropped onto the bar beside her. The beginnings of an anvil was etched into its surface.

The woman's stomach was still a bit wavy and she wasn't sure food would quite agree with her yet. Instead, she'd listen in on the conversations, which seemed to have died upon her entrance.

Mortimer Davorus

"HMortimerDavorus.png.f8f7cc5349a52ebd5bea181cb75795fe.pnge doesn't seem like he'd be open to chatting with a bunch of strangers about his dead companions," Mort said to Mordel. "At least not yet. He's putting away those ales like they are potions of healing, so I say we just let his drinking do the heavy lifting for us. A few more and grief may loosen its grip on him enough for us to have a word."

Edited by jokomaisu (see edit history)

Mordel

Mordel nods at Mort's words: "I like this idea, wise words. We don't have to hasten our meal, as well, let's spacer.png

wait our turn and let the ale run it's course."

Then he sits back and resumes his pie, savoring every bite.

Having only requested a hunk of bread to go with his ale, Cal leans back in the corner watching the room with some interest but not making a big deal of it. He engages in small talk with his companions but stays mostly out of the discussion. Cal isn't sure quite what he thinks of this group just yet. Some seem boisterous and inexperienced, while others seem steady, even world-weary. Time might tell. He could do worse than a group willing to back him and feed him on such short acquaintance, however.

Gray Greencastle
Gray watches the one-eyed man with wildly wide-eyed wonderment!

“Very well then,” he replies agreeably to his friends.  He pretends to initially turn noble-minded attention away from the one-eyed gent, immersing himself in ale and meal.

Gray motions for the serving girl, to put the one-eyed gent’s ale on his tab.  He does his best to make sure the man notices, too, by trying to make eye contact, then holding up his tankard and smiling slightly and looking solemnly at the gent, his tankard-filled hand toasting in a gesture of, Cheers!

Way to go, noble fellow.  Way. To. Go!

Character Sheet Gray Greencastle, Human Fighter!

Irene sets another ale down before Bart and snatches up the empty. She pauses long enough to inform him of Gray's offer, and nod her head in the direction of the swordsman. As she heads off, the one-eyed man turns his attention towards Gray. At first, his expression is pure contempt. He scowls at the young warrior. Then, his continence softens a little as Gray raises his mug in salute. Bart returns the gesture and gives a slight nod of his head in thanks. He soon loses himself in the ale, everyone around him all but forgotten. 

Gray Greencastle
His player becoming ever-increasingly proficient with posting-template wellness, Gray nods solemnly at One-Eyed Bart once more.  Before turning noble-minded attention to delicious Shepherds Pie and mead.  He maintains nonchalant stoicism, bordering on giggly gleefulness, as he turns to his drinking company and says quietly,

“Okay, so…I think he might warm up to us.  Maybe another couple or five ales, then we try and approach him?  Maybe then strike common ground exchanging tales of glorious battle?”

Gray takes another drink.  And tries to quickly think of a tale of glorious battle.  Glorious battles…hmmm…

Think, noble fellow.  Think!

Character Sheet Gray Greencastle, Human Fighter!

688911746_dwarffighter.png.d3db669df9d597a6fc52602ce3d257eb.pngKharn looks up in surprise when the mage beside him speaks in the mountain tongue.

[and yours, stranger,] he answers. The dwarf might be surly, but he knows that good manners demand the same in return.

Khan asks Irene for the mutton stew and inclines his head toward the rest of the mage's companions.  "So what's their story? Adventurers looking for trouble?"

Mortimer Davorus

"CMortimerDavorus.png.f8f7cc5349a52ebd5bea181cb75795fe.pngan't say for sure," Mort shrugs. "We've mostly been discussing the ancient fortress at the mouth of the nearby river. It's the place where that guy returned from without any of his companions."