Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Ghosts Come Home to Roost?

Sorithar

RodinToken.png.56386b76bbc0b62d9c4d7bada805098e.pngRodin Sethilaud

Wood Elf, Ranger

Common in. No need to stay huddled up at the entrance. I think we can set up a base camp here under this old oak tree. There are a couple of old fireplaces that if cleaned out we could make use of.

Rodin moves into the area and moves over to check out the fireplaces. If someone was hiding out here from time to time they might have been used for either fires or to stash things. Not finding anything he moves to the area next to this one and checks it out.

OOC

Will take 10 on Survival, Spot and Listen checks for a total of 15 each.

It gets a +3 bonus if any of those are applied to Drow or large spiders.

He will also actively search the "room".

AppearanceRodin stands at 6 feet tall and appears a bit more muscular than the average elf. His skin has a light brownish tan look to it. His hair is brown with streaks of copper highlights through it and hangs down to just touch his shoulders. It normally has a bit of a wild windblown look to it. His eyes are a medium green which reminds most people of the color of leaves. He wears studded leather armor that has been dyed a camouflage pattern of browns and greens. His cloak is held closed by a brooch the shape of a silver arrow with green fletching. Aside from his dagger on his belt, the only weapon he carries is his longbow, which looks a bit thicker and sturdier than most bows.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Search check
1d20+2 5

image.jpeg.3f203472f1a563a1130ad45f12a8717d.jpeg 

As Rodin moves to examine the fireplaces, an acorn from the oak falls squarely on his head. Glancing upward reflexively, he find nothing amiss in the tree's wide spread branches.

OOC

Note: Need to know if this changes Rodin's action any or if he shrugs it off and proceeds to examine the fireplaces and then move on to the adjacent chamber.

MAP

[For sake of clarity, any reference to cardinal directions in posts will assume that North is Top of Map as posted, unless a Compass Rose is visible.]

Wood Elf, Ranger

Rodin rubs his head, where the acorn hit him, and studies the tree. Seeing nothing he assumes it was just an act of nature and he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He shrugs and heads for the fireplace again.

OOC

AppearanceRodin stands at 6 feet tall and appears a bit more muscular than the average elf. His skin has a light brownish tan look to it. His hair is brown with streaks of copper highlights through it and hangs down to just touch his shoulders. It normally has a bit of a wild windblown look to it. His eyes are a medium green which reminds most people of the color of leaves. He wears studded leather armor that has been dyed a camouflage pattern of browns and greens. His cloak is held closed by a brooch the shape of a silver arrow with green fletching. Aside from his dagger on his belt, the only weapon he carries is his longbow, which looks a bit thicker and sturdier than most bows.

Rodin'r searches of the fireplaces reveal nothing save they are crumbling and disused, with what remains of their chimneys being blocked with debris. As Rodin turns to leave the ruined chamber and moves to the entrance under the oak, another acorn falls to strike the floor right before him, narrowly missing his head.

OOC

Note:

MAP

[For sake of clarity, any reference to cardinal directions in posts will assume that North is Top of Map as posted, unless a Compass Rose is visible.]

Wood Elf, Ranger

Rodin stops and looks down at the acorn. Then up at the tree and smiles.

That is pretty funny! I appreciate that you did not throw something that would actually hurt me. I assure you, that we mean you no harm as long as you do not attack us. You are also very skilled at hiding. Try as I might I can't seem to find you. My name is Rodin. Would you please tell me your name? We are looking for some bad people who seem to have come through here a while ago and vanished on that hill out there. We want to stop them. Can you tell us anything about them?

He has no idea if whoever or whatever is up there can understand him, but he takes a non-threatening posture while talking. Although he has never encountered them he has heard of sylvan folk who like to play pranks on passerby's and generally live in or near large old trees like this. He wonders if he will finally meet one?

If any of the others start to come towards him he will motion for them to hold back.

OOC

spacer.png

When Rodin begins talking to someone or something in the ruined tower which the halfling was guarding, Jessie strains her senses to try and see or hear the location and nature of the individual or creature whom the ranger has noticed near or in the Oak tree nearby.

If the rogue is unable to discern any relevant information, she will instinctively step back into the shadows to hide and refocus her watch away from the Oak tree and instead at the rest of the fortress in case what is unfolding is the beginning of a trap or ambush.

With her fancy short bow in hand, the rogue has a wicked looking razor-sharp metal tipped arrow nocked and at the ready to loose as a sneak attack on anything or anyone that threatens her or her friends and colleagues from her place of hiding. 

OOC

5 foot step north north-west into small 5x10 area at her back

Jessie Tosscobble III's AppearanceJessie is small standing at 2 foot 8 inches and weighing a mere 27 pounds. As such, the lass intentionally keeps her brown hair long to cover her halfling features, which allows the rogue to pass herself off as a small humanoid or even young human or half-elven child when convenient or necessary.

Dressed dark purple clothing, which is overlaid with attractive black leather accoutrements, Jessie keeps the paraphernalia of her 'profession' secreted upon her person, and especially the authorities, except when in use.

Her friendly blue eyes and warm, sincere smile are disarming and allow the lass to paint a picture of a young girl who is completely unintimidating by all appearances, an assumption often made by others which suits her well and which she actively cultivates.

To promote this look of youth or innocence, most of Jessie's weapons, alchemical doodads, pack, and other equipment are kept hidden under her clothing and also by her large heavy dark green cloak.

Edited by Terran (see edit history)
Name
Hide
1d20+7 1
Spot
1d20+4 7
Listen
1d20+6 12

spacer.png 

Though no creature appears in the sparse foliage above, Rodin's mind is suddenly filled with voice in the Dalelands dialect of the Common tongue, as if of a child.

Rodin's Mind

"Rossal of the Majestic Oak am I! Bad people say you? The horse soldiers are bad! The horse soldiers come here often, every tenday at least, but they never seem to stay for long. How long do you stay?"

OOC

Note:

MAP

Edited by Sorithar (see edit history)

spacer.png

Aeruiel Moonshadow   Half-Moon Elf Barbarian from Ashabenford

Aeruiel moves in closer to examine the ruins better and is sure to giver a wide berth to the sink hole that her companion had advised them to not to ignore. She focused her attention to the walls around them looking for clues to this little song she had stuck in her head. As Rodin begins conversing with someone hidden in a great oak tree she looks about for others that might be hiding in plain sight. 

OoC

Just being extra cautions this round. She will use her Spot skill to see if anyone else is about.

AppearanceFemale half-elf, age 17, blonde, blue eyes, fair skin, 5'-7" tall weight about 125 lbs.

She is described as a willful and free spirited young woman, who likes playing pranks, and flies into fits of rage when bullied.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)
Name
Spot anyone hiding about them
1d20+1 15

Wood Elf, Ranger

Pleasure to meet you Rossal, I am Rodin. My friends and I have actually come here to investigate these horse soldiers and see if we can't put a stop to them. How long we will be here depends on what all we find and learn. I humbly ask that you let us stay near your lovely home and we would welcome any help you could give us and I offer to help you in any way I can, within reason of course. I have some food I can share if you would like. Mostly dried salted meats and bread, but I am willing to share. I am also a fair hunter so could possibly bring back something fresh for an evening meal.

He waits for the voice to respond again. He grins and shrugs to the others as he knows this probably looks really weird and like he is having a conversation with a tree that they can only hear his side of the conversation.

OOC

spacer.png

Since Jessie has not detected the sight or sound of movement or anything unusual in the rest of the ruined fortress, the rogue slightly relaxes the tension on her bow string figuring if an ambush was set up then she would have noticed something out of place by now.

As the tiny girl's colleagues begin to enter the aged structure and Rodin continues to have what seems to be a friendly conversation with someone or something, Ms. Tosscobble III takes a final gander at the rest of the ruins before quietly withdrawing into the ruined tower with everyone else.

When Jessie enters the tower housing the oak tree, she again momentarily tries to see what or who Rodin is talking to in the ruined tower. 

But, after a brief glance the diminutive burglar once again moves to use the edge of the doorway as partial cover while she keeps watch on the rest of the fortress, after all 'Better safe than tall' as grandma always used to say!

OOC

Move to just inside ruined tower.  Use open doorway and wall as partial cover to keep watch into rest of ruins.

Jessie Tosscobble III's AppearanceJessie is small standing at 2 foot 8 inches and weighing a mere 27 pounds. As such, the lass intentionally keeps her brown hair long to cover her halfling features, which allows the rogue to pass herself off as a small humanoid or even young human or half-elven child when convenient or necessary.

Dressed dark purple clothing, which is overlaid with attractive black leather accoutrements, Jessie keeps the paraphernalia of her 'profession' secreted upon her person, and especially the authorities, except when in use.

Her friendly blue eyes and warm, sincere smile are disarming and allow the lass to paint a picture of a young girl who is completely unintimidating by all appearances, an assumption often made by others which suits her well and which she actively cultivates.

To promote this look of youth or innocence, most of Jessie's weapons, alchemical doodads, pack, and other equipment are kept hidden under her clothing and also by her large heavy dark green cloak.

Edited by Terran (see edit history)
Name
Listen
1d20+6 1
Spot
1d20+3 14

There is a moment of silence in Rodin's mind and then it is again filled with the voice, excited at first and then dismissive before being excited again.

Rodin's Mind

"Sweet bread?!

The horse soldiers aren't friendly at all. One night I was flying along behind them and they started with their arrows at me!

But I fixed 'em! I flew ahead in the dark, hid, and stung the last one in line. He fell off his horse and everything! The rest of them didn't even notice...

Oh! You help? Rossal like the sweet honey in caves below, but little lizard men now hide there. Maybe you scare little lizard men away, then Rossal tell you more?! Honey caves at bottom of the big hole outside. You can rest below my oak if you like."

OOC

Note:

MAP

spacer.png

Kethra walks into the part of the ruin dominated by the tree, listening to Rodin talk to this Rossal.  She lowers her crossbow and opens her pack, pulling out some trail rations.  Reaching up to a lower branch, she places some jerked beef, some slices of dried apple, and a piece of honey-baked waybread there before stepping away, letting her see if the offering helps Rodin's negotiations.  In common, and in each of the other languages she knows: Celestial, Draconic and Sylvan she repeats the phrase.

"This is a gift, freely-given."

OOC

Spells: 

0 - Detect Magic

0 - Light

0 - Message

1 - Bless

1 - Command

1 - Detect Secret Doors (Knowledge Domain)

AppearanceTall, thin and blonde; the young 's woman's bone structure speaks to her proud Illuskan ancestry and the fierce warriors and sailors who founded her bloodline. The young scholar has eyes like the sea after a storm and a fair complexion made pale by hours and hours in ivory towers.

Scholar by nature and librarian by training; Kethra is a bibliophile, almost as passionate about books as she is about her goddess and the magic that Mystra brings to the world. Sometimes tending to be a know-it-all, the young Illuskan often has to moderate her superior-seeming attitude by being an affable person and an able negotiator.

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)

Wood Elf, Ranger

Rodin was about to pull out some food to offer, but Kethra beat him to it. He points to it.

There is some food for you, take what you wish. I will discuss the issue of the little lizardmen with my friends and maybe we can help with that.

He walks over to where Jessie is keeping watch and motions for the others to join.

It appears that out mysterious friend has a problem with some little lizards in that sink hole. It seems there is honey down there and because these lizards have moved in he is unable to get it any more. I am not sure what he is, but so far he appears to be friendly and want to help. He did mention that there are horse riders that come through once every tenday and that they are not nice. Says they shot arrows at him and in return he stung the one in the back, making him fall off his horse. Says the others did not even notice.

I was thinking if we help him then perhaps we gain an ally with some useful knowledge of the riders? If I had to guess I would say small lizardmen means kobolds, but it could be some other small lizard like humanoids. So do we help him? I say yes and am willing to go on my own, but would welcome anyone who wanted to join.

OOC

spacer.png

Kethra nods thoughtfully,

"If we could locate the body of this fallen horseman, we might identify who these raiders are.  I'm in favor of helping this creature, whatever it may be, with the kobolds.  Do we have light for below?  I have an Orison that produces light, and perhaps other means if necessary, but the Orison lasts only ten minutes.  I think we should all go, though, not a few, we have no idea of what hazards are down there."

OOC

Spells: 

0 - Detect Magic

0 - Light

0 - Message

1 - Bless

1 - Command

1 - Detect Secret Doors (Knowledge Domain)

AppearanceTall, thin and blonde; the young 's woman's bone structure speaks to her proud Illuskan ancestry and the fierce warriors and sailors who founded her bloodline. The young scholar has eyes like the sea after a storm and a fair complexion made pale by hours and hours in ivory towers.

Scholar by nature and librarian by training; Kethra is a bibliophile, almost as passionate about books as she is about her goddess and the magic that Mystra brings to the world. Sometimes tending to be a know-it-all, the young Illuskan often has to moderate her superior-seeming attitude by being an affable person and an able negotiator.

spacer.png

Aeruiel Moonshadow   Half-Moon Elf Barbarian from Ashabenford

Aeruiel seems a bit confused as she heard no one talking to Rodin. From her perspective it appears as if was talking to a tree. While she finds that very unusual she doesn't dismiss its possibility outright. Sure, she has heard of such things, but they were just children's stories. Anyways, when Rodin was finish soliciting their aid on dealing with these lizardfolk, she answered "Sure. I will help." 

OoC

Nothing this round.

AppearanceFemale half-elf, age 17, blonde, blue eyes, fair skin, 5'-7" tall weight about 125 lbs.

She is described as a willful and free spirited young woman, who likes playing pranks, and flies into fits of rage when bullied.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)