Sheet Folders in Testing ×

The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

Thanks for the responses! Thinking on it, think I've a Dwarf Barbarian that'll fit best. Want to respect the setting's choice to not have Halflings, and the Elf idea (the morally flawed one) might be better in a different game. Will work on an app over the next day or two. 

So I only just realised that Brightblade was an in cannon Noble Family for Dragonlance, and I'd not intended my character to hail from such. How significant an issue would this be? Happy to either change the surname, or (my preference since I quite like it) work it in, but only if they aren't going to figure heavily in the actual storyline 

6 minutes ago, Guardian Angel Haruki said:

Also... @JubalBreakbottle

Since both our characters have the same plot hook, would you be okay if Coltan and Katlina knew each other from the same goblin raid?

I'd love to connect characters.  Ispen has been retired for some years.  How long ago would the goblin raid be?  I had put it 16 years ago, because Coltan is relatively older. 

Cheers

11 minutes ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

I'd love to connect characters.  Ispen has been retired for some years.  How long ago would the goblin raid be?  I had put it 16 years ago, because Coltan is relatively older. 

Cheers

I actually hadn't decided how old Katlina would be, but considering that Kender can live up to 100 years, I don't think 16 years ago is too unreasonable. I think I can work with it. 

Ok. Then, our characters met back then and kept in touch. Coltan only stopped traveling with his parents a year ago after his Fullbeard Day in Hillhome. If you want, we could have traveled from there to Volger together?

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Ok. Then, our characters met back then and kept in touch. Coltan only stopped traveling with his parents a year ago after his Fullbeard Day in Hillhome. If you want, we could have traveled from there to Volger together?

Sounds good to me!

Katlina never stopped traveling, so she could easily meet him at Hillhome and travel with him to Volger. ^_^

5 hours ago, Glyph said:

Hey! I'm about 80% done with my application...I just need to do some background stuff and my stat block. Could I kindly ask if you could have a look at my application thus-far and send me a PM if I have any issues?

Going through them right now to see who's done and if I need to comment or not.

3 hours ago, PureChance said:

So I only just realised that Brightblade was an in cannon Noble Family for Dragonlance, and I'd not intended my character to hail from such. How significant an issue would this be? Happy to either change the surname, or (my preference since I quite like it) work it in, but only if they aren't going to figure heavily in the actual storyline 

Looking through the campaign module, the Brightblade family doesn't appear even once. I think you'll be fine. I can certainly look into them on the Dragonlance wiki and see how I can incorporate them if you'd like.

22 minutes ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Going through them right now to see who's done and if I need to comment or not.

I'm pretty much done.  He's young and level 1, so the backstory will likely be one of two lil vignettes of somewhat defining moments. 

5 hours ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Coltan is ready for review.

@Kamishiro_RinHow much news of the dragonarmies conquest of the east is circulating?  Volger is pretty close to the east. 

cheers

Rumors are spreading. Part of the module has a set of random rumors to be dolled out to the characters at various points.

Can anyone explain to me how to make text wrap around the character image?  I can seem to get one line to appear next to it, but that is about it.

I've taken a look at the source for some of the posts with images with text that is wrapping the way I want, but can't make heads or tails of what's making that work.

Thanks for your help!

5 minutes ago, tbgg said:

Can anyone explain to me how to make text wrap around the character image?  I can seem to get one line to appear next to it, but that is about it.

I've taken a look at the source for some of the posts with images with text that is wrapping the way I want, but can't make heads or tails of what's making that work.

Thanks for your help!

After you post your image, double click on the image. You'll get a menu and down at the bottom of the menu you'll see a left none right click on the side of the page you want your image to show up on it will float the image and text will wrap around it.

@PureChance, do you have an image-hosting service account? Imgur, photobucket, or whatever? If you're hotlinking from a site that doesn't allow it, that might be why your image in your post isn't showing up. Also, you might want to scale it down and crop it.

Scratch that, I just threw it into TokenTool and did it for you: ArtanisBrightblade.png.76eb19b61b7a30af9cc1568c6912511d.png