Sheet Folders in Testing ×

The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

15 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

okay, no Dragonlance game is complete without a tinker gnome, so that's where I'm headed? Would they fit into any of those mage of the moon backgrounds? It didn't seem like a good fit to me, so I may try to shoehorn them into a Strixhaven quandrix background or maybe Izzet Engineer? I'm assuming the Strixhaven feat would be in lieu of a bonus feat?  Also are firearms available to tinkers?

The bonus feats, if you didn't pick one of the two Dragonlance backgrounds, are either Tough or Skilled.

Only the artillerist artificer can have "firearms". Actual gunpowder arms just don't sit well with me for the feel of the game I want to run, though. You will be meeting a gnome who does a wee bit more tech, and there are some items in the game that leave a sour taste in my mouth because they sound a little too technological.

So I would like to clarify, as the Strixhaven background comes with a feat, are you saying it would also get Tough or Skilled or that it would not get that part of the background and instead get tough or skilled?

Say no more, totally get that firearms are not a great fit for all settings 🙂

23 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

So I would like to clarify, as the Strixhaven background comes with a feat, are you saying it would also get Tough or Skilled or that it would not get that part of the background and instead get tough or skilled?

OH! I didn't realize that. In that case, yes, you would take the feat that the background gives you.

Tentative interest depending on how a couple other recruitments go. Few quick questions to narrow down a few different concepts I have:

• New to Dragonlance, but see that the Kender are the Halflings/not-Halflings in the setting. One idea I have really leans on the Bountiful Luck Halfling feat, and wanted to see if you'd let a Kender straight up have the feat and/or to reskin a Halfling mechanics-wise as a Kender?
  • What's the likelihood you'll pick characters with the same ancestry and/or class? Asking because there's some good apps already by the looks of it, and want to be mindful of what I go for. 
  • One other concept I have would be someone who does everything a hero should (risk their life, defend the weak, fight against evil), but is still morally flawed in that they drink, carouse, and think way too highly of themselves (will be played out as a shortcoming, not as being badass). However, wanted to see if that would cross the line in the game expectations for alignment. 

Regardless, this looks like a well put together game. 

13 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

Regardless, this looks like a well put together game. 

Thank you!

Tentative interest depending on how a couple other recruitments go. Few quick questions to narrow down a few different concepts I have:

• New to Dragonlance, but see that the Kender are the Halflings/not-Halflings in the setting. One idea I have really leans on the Bountiful Luck Halfling feat, and wanted to see if you'd let a Kender straight up have the feat and/or to reskin a Halfling mechanics-wise as a Kender?

Halflings are halflings. Kender are kender.

• What's the likelihood you'll pick characters with the same ancestry and/or class? Asking because there's some good apps already by the looks of it, and want to be mindful of what I go for.

I don't really take background or lineage into consideration when picking. I'll trying to put together a well-balanced party, class-wise, and might, if it's a toss-up between two apps I like with the same class and same lineage, pick the one with the different lineage from someone else in the group to add the extra flavor.

• One other concept I have would be someone who does everything a hero should (risk their life, defend the weak, fight against evil), but is still morally flawed in that they drink, carouse, and think way too highly of themselves (will be played out as a shortcoming, not as being badass). However, wanted to see if that would cross the line in the game expectations for alignment.

I guess my main concern is whether they're going to want to go on a heroic adventure and do good in the world. As long as he or she is doing that, I can't really care that much why necessarily. If you planned to have them grow, that'd be even better. Initially, it feels line-crossy. I'd have to see your app to get a better handle on it.

3 hours ago, KingGoblin said:

I think Hunni is ready to be reviewed.  I don't have stats all made up yet.  It seems the issue with the Lineage is resolved. 

Yeah . . . I have no idea what caused that. I approved the post, regardless. I even checked to see what your html markup looked like just in case. No clue, whatsoever.

I'll have a look at him!

Hey all! I'm very excited to be applying for this game. I'm new to Baldr, but I'm a fast learner!

Just so I can see if I got things right. You want us to apply with the templates, RP before the game, and once chosen we make the proper character with stats and all?

26 minutes ago, Glyph said:

Hey all! I'm very excited to be applying for this game. I'm new to Baldr, but I'm a fast learner!

Just so I can see if I got things right. You want us to apply with the templates, RP before the game, and once chosen we make the proper character with stats and all?

Pretty much! Have fun!

8 hours ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Pretty much! Have fun!

Hey! I'm about 80% done with my application...I just need to do some background stuff and my stat block. Could I kindly ask if you could have a look at my application thus-far and send me a PM if I have any issues?