Sheet Folders in Testing ×

The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

25 minutes ago, KingGoblin said:

Hunni would like to respond to Merituuli's question, but I am not sure if the thread we are in now would be the place to do it?

Just add it in, above the combat part, and separate it with a line, as Merituuli did in his post.

Ok, I edited the post to add in her response to Merituuli.

Fun fact, I had no idea how to make the horizontal line until just now. This format is strange, since I am used to the old myth weavers, but pretty handy all the same.

1 hour ago, KingGoblin said:

Ok, I edited the post to add in her response to Merituuli.

Fun fact, I had no idea how to make the horizontal line until just now. This format is strange, since I am used to the old myth weavers, but pretty handy all the same.

Yep!

And if it's not behaving the way you need it to, or want to get rid of it, in the "Source" section, look for a "<hr>" and either move it or erase it as needed.

On 6/4/2023 at 10:23 PM, tbgg said:
OOC

I've no idea why the dice roller gave me two attack rolls - it took a really long time to complete, then bammo, two rolls instead one. In either case, it's still a miss.

Music Credit: Not part of a real song as far as I know - I made it up.

@Kamishiro_Rin I'm not totally sure I'm ready for Mery to admit to being able to do magic yet. Is there a way to describe this healing effect without making it sound like it's coming from her?

I'll let you choose between slight-of-hand or performance, and then leave it to you to describe it—In other words, are you trying to do it covertly (s-o-h), or are you trying to disguise it as something else (performance)? I'd lean more towards slight-of-hand if there are somatic components to the spell, but if it's merely verbal, or if the somatic component is being replaced by your instrument, then obviously, you would lean towards performance.

For anyone who wants to be able to spot it, if you're not Artanis, you have disadvantage on the perception check whose DC is set by Mery's S-o-H or Performace check. Artanis can make the check as normal—if he so chooses, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know much about Warlord, but seems like a support martial type class, and we've got a Bladesinger, Hexblade, Barbarian, and me with my weird melee Wis Ranger build. I say Defense to stay in the front lines, we're pretty good on damage it seems.

That's pretty accurate - it is possible to play it at range, or entirely without attacks, but that's (a) not the direction I've taken it, and (b) not what the subclass leans to, granting as it does heavy armor, shields, martial weapons, THP, and it's level 3 feature let's Artanis apply Rallying Mark with his own attack, benefitting from the extra damage but not healing, in addition to the next ally to damage it benefiting. So I guess he's already getting an extra damage feature, even if it's more limited. And diversity is probably better than doubling down?

So, wanted to ask officially. Looks like only Hunni and Coltan can use the staff; does Coltan want it? Or does anyone else have an objection to Hunni taking it?

Can't really use it until we take two short rests, one to identify it, one to attune it, but yeah. Also not sure if I will have her make it her Pact Weapon if she gets it or not, since it would give up some flexibility in return for the ability to make it disappear and be her spellcasting focus.

Going to retrain one of her Invocations into Improved Pact Blade, obviously. With Hex Warrior, she would still use Charisma for attack and damage on the staff, whether or not it is her Pact Weapon. Hm.

Agreed probably better to keep flexibility in your pact weapon than make it the staff, especially as the main benefit of the staff turning into a snake, and I don't know what that means for the pact weapon! Your improved pact weapon is already magical anyway and has +1 to hit/damage over the staff too.

I've had a bit of a turnaround on my defense v duelling thoughts, largely because I was thinking that (a) I want to see some use from the Heavy Armor Master feat, and increasing AC means it will come into play less, (b) come level 4 and mounted combatant feat, advantage on attacks means duelling gains value & come level 5 extra attack means duelling gains value as well. (c) it helps reverse the tank paradox of too high AC/too low punishment for ignoring (since I can't get around it by Modri's method of granting advantage and soaking damage) and finally (d) once we get our plate armour, 20AC is already pretty good

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the Discord chat from Rin on what we can do for the evacuation:

Repurposed Ferry. A character who succeeds on a DC 12 Intelligence (Investigation) check notices the ferry crossing on the Vingaard River has a series of rafts and small boats on a pulley system. The mechanism can be broken down in two hours, freeing up vessels for one hundred people.

All right so you guys can choose to either work on helping convince the populace to pull down their boats and get them in the river or you can work on breaking down the river fairy mechanism but you can't do both but the party can split up and work on both the same time just individual characters can't do both at the same time. Anyway this will now let you get all 400 people out of the village

At least three of you need to work on either of the projects