The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

I hope everyone's enjoying the game so far. I'll be pretty busy, today (another 5-class day), so I won't be able to update anything today. That said, I want to give everyone a chance to post before I update the newest thread, but tomorrow, I'll be able to post an update to Mery. That was a great roll, and I'm glad you joined in!

Last night, I realized I needed to respond to Merituuli in that post, then got distracted writing the music that I had her play . . . LOL. But I got it posted.

While Mery is generally a little reserved about performing, I felt she would definitely want to join in a song honoring Ispin.

And now after all of these high persuasion and performance rolls, I'm feeling paranoid I'm going to hit a string of natural 1s to compensate, lol.

Sorry for the extra posts. I tried to start using the Clone feature to post, but it keeps all the past clones. So, my post starts with all the past clones in the post. Then, I try to delete what I don't need, and it doesn't want to delete what is selected. Specifically, it doesn't like deleting the spoilers. Then, I cannot delete whole posts that are crap, so I have to leave period after I have to delete everything.

So, I went back to Quoting and removing the quote. But I can only do that on my laptop, because I cannot figure out how to get the control button with an iPad.

Editing should not be this hard.

Yeah, I find that with the memory of your previous post feature - very difficult to clear any of the "boxes" be they spoiler, fieldset or other on mobile browsers.

Sometimes if you open the new post button first it gives you the option to clear editor first, and then you can clone. The extra step is irritating though.

4 hours ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Editing should not be this hard.

If you can get most of the extra stuff removed the normal way, I find using the Source button and clearing at the raw code level helps me get rid of the spoilers that won't clear normally. Of course, you need to understand a little bit about XML/HTML coding (I think that's what I'm seeing - looks like basic HTML intermingled with XML markers) to understand what to delete. Basically, if there's a marker like <p> or <fieldset>, you need to remove that and the closing </p> or </fieldset> markers (or everything in between up to and including the two markers).

It's still some extra work, which is a pain, but it gets the job done. What I don't know is how easy it would be to get the cursor where you need it using a tablet - I've always been a bit spastic with that. (I'm using a laptop now, so that problem is much less severe.)

It's weird, though, that when you clone, you get everything you've ever cloned related to that post. I only get double clones when I clone the same post multiple times while trying to create a new post. (Occasionally, I can't tell whether the clone 'took', so I clone again and ba-da-bing, I get two of them, but never everything I've ever cloned off of a given starting post).

I have noticed, though, that really long posts are difficult to edit normally. When I get a long one, I always have to go into the Source to edit it. I know the last time I accidentally double-cloned, I had to do that.

It would be nice if they could get us a couple of right-click options on the fieldsets - one to clear the contents but keep the fieldset, and a second one to remove the thing entirely.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

Did we establish what the Greenshield was beyond just abjuration magic?

Also, looking at the Discord map, it looks like depending on initiative Modri might be in range of the enemies this turn rather than having to double move?

13 hours ago, PureChance said:

Did we establish what the Greenshield was beyond just abjuration magic?

Also, looking at the Discord map, it looks like depending on initiative Modri might be in range of the enemies this turn rather than having to double move?

The Greenshield is just abjuration magic. It's Coltan's hammer that has holy rays of a god emanating from its red aura.

4 hours ago, PureChance said:

Sorry, I meant do we know of any magical effect mechanically

Ah. That would require the identify spell. Detect magic only tells you if something is magical, and if you concentrate on it, what school of magic is. In this case, I had to take a guess, but I think I guessed well, all things considered.