Sheet Folders in Testing ×

The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

Can we agree to be consistent about using either past or present tense verbs in our posts?  (Mery hit the Draconian vs. Mery hits the Draconian)?  Although my instinct tends to be for present tense, I don't actually care as long as we're consistent.  Call it my English degree background and tendency to be detail-oriented, but I find it a bit jarring when the verb tense switches back and forth.

@Kamishiro_Rin:  You wanna make a call on this one?

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

2 hours ago, PureChance said:

@Kamishiro_Rin how common knowledge are Draconians? As in would your average peasant see one and say "Aaah a Draconian" or "Aaah an unfamiliar monster"

Asking here as figured others may want to know as well

This is a new threat. No one would know these guys--at least, not hear, and I would say neither would your characters.

53 minutes ago, tbgg said:

Can we agree to be consistent about using either past or present tense verbs in our posts?  (Mery hit the Draconian vs. Mery hits the Draconian)?  Although my instinct tends to be for present tense, I don't actually care as long as we're consistent.  Call it my English degree background and tendency to be detail-oriented, but I find it a bit jarring when the verb tense switches back and forth.

@Kamishiro_Rin:  You wanna make a call on this one?

Yeah, sorry about that. So, I tried doing the past tense, mainly because of my writing background, but the module is in the present tense. Furthermore, it feels more immediate and "real" to write in the present tense, so I'd like us all to stick with that:

Please write in the Present Tense.

6 hours ago, KingGoblin said:

Oh!  So, is the war just starting?  

The war has been waging for a few years now, but you're so far north west, in a technological era where communication proceeds by said-same years. Essentially, rumors are making their way north. For this part of the world, it's just starting, for the southern part eastern half of the continent, its' been going on for a while.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...