Sheet Folders in Testing ×

The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

On the first page of the app, under Past is Prologue, you ask the question how did the character start adventuring and what did they do to reach level three?  Yet elsewhere you suggest we are starting at first level.  Which is it?  I see first level in most places, so am assuming that, but it would help to get rid of that bit about third level.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, tbgg said:

On the first page of the app, under Past is Prologue, you ask the question how did the character start adventuring and what did they do to reach level three?  Yet elsewhere you suggest we are starting at first level.  Which is it?  I see first level in most places, so am assuming that, but it would help to get rid of that bit about third level.

Sorry about that! My copying the sheet over from a different game where everyone started at level 3 and just missed that place to change. You start at level one.

Don't know if they are, just know they were in the books.  They had stats in older games, not sure they are in 5e, but I would think a re-fluffed kobold would probably fit, stat wise.  I'll see if I can find anything, though, and get back to you.

If there isn't an official version of them, though, I assume the answer is no?

@KingGoblin:

I got a kick out of Bupu in the animated version of Dragons of Autumn Twilight.  She was pretty funny.

If you want a humorous character, there is an official 5e Kender race (lineage).  I think they have flexible attribute bonuses like a lot of the other races do, so no reason you couldn't have a Kender warlock.  

3 hours ago, KingGoblin said:

Don't know if they are, just know they were in the books.  They had stats in older games, not sure they are in 5e, but I would think a re-fluffed kobold would probably fit, stat wise.  I'll see if I can find anything, though, and get back to you.

If there isn't an official version of them, though, I assume the answer is no?

https://dragonlance.fandom.com/wiki/Gully_Dwarf

Interesting! They're from Dragonlance itself, but no reference to them in the campaign guide. That said, there's no racial rules for them, so I agree with you that a re-fluffed kobold sounds about right, based on that description in the wiki. Yeah, you can do that. Just make sure your lineage reads "Gully Dwarf (re-skinned kobold)". Is that okay, with you?

29 minutes ago, astronavigatrix said:

yeah! of the chaotic variety, perhaps, but I'm not very good at playing evil PCs to begin with oop-

Awesome! Have at it, then!

Make sure to put the original counterpart of your reskinned names and features in parentheses:

Fey’ri (Re-skinned Tiefling) Lineage

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

41 minutes ago, astronavigatrix said:

yeah! of the chaotic variety, perhaps, but I'm not very good at playing evil PCs to begin with oop-

Oh! And because they're the product of demons and elves, I'll even let you take one of the following high-elven trait and add it to your re-skinned tiefling lineage features:

1. Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
  2. Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
  3. Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Elvish. Elvish is fluid, with subtle intonations and intricate grammar. Elven literature is rich and varied, and their songs and poems are famous among other races. Many bards learn their language so they can add Elvish ballads to their repertoires.
  4. Elf Weapon Training. You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
  5. Cantrip. You know one cantrip of your choice from the wizard spell list. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it.
  6. Extra Language. You can speak, read, and write one extra language of your choosing.

Yes, there's an option conspicuously missing.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Just wondering what speed of levelling you anticipate?

Finally (for now) wondering how viable you anticipate mounted combat to be, e.g. availability of mounts, planned adventure (aka percentage of campaign mount spends hitched up outside the dungeon entrance 😉)

Edited by PureChance
Found the answer in the game expectations bit, which I hadn't realised was a link on the new site (see edit history)