Sheet Folders in Testing ×

How many games do you run?

cailano

I used to do one only, but I also did it at a 1 post/day pace. There days I have 4 games but they move at variable paces, from 2-3 posts/week to 1 post/2 weeks. Out of those, 3 games are a hybrid of GM-led/cooperative (GM-less).

I'm starting to miss my solo game where I could post whenever it suited me 🙂

I'm the wrong person to answer this question! I play a shit ton of PbP. Currently, I'm running two games on Role Gate (which are coming to an end shortly) and another one on Tavern Keeper. About to start running a fourth one (BFRPG) here on MW. I'm also a player in four games on Tavern Keeper (one of which is winding down). I'll be starting up a Tiny Dungeon game on Gamer's Plane shortly, and a MÖRK BORG game, probably here on MW. I'm single, and pretty much a loner, so have lots of free time on my hands. Between PbP and Solo RPGing, that's pretty much all I do. 

2 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Running four currently and itching to start another one or two. The posting is so slow it's easy to manage multiple games. 

Respect. That's a lot of games! I run mine at a pretty fast pace. I've been playing with the idea of starting one more, but I know that would be as many as I could possibly do.

Right now, I've got a Dungeon Crawl Classics game going, and that one has me thinking that maybe I should only run short-ish modules rather than extensive campaigns. That would at least keep me recruiting regularly and doing my part to keep things active around here.

22 hours ago, cailano said:

Respect. That's a lot of games! I run mine at a pretty fast pace. I've been playing with the idea of starting one more, but I know that would be as many as I could possibly do.

Right now, I've got a Dungeon Crawl Classics game going, and that one has me thinking that maybe I should only run short-ish modules rather than extensive campaigns. That would at least keep me recruiting regularly and doing my part to keep things active around here.

I for one am very thankful for the community of players here. Most of them are outstanding gamers/writers and I strive to create fun adventures for them. Most especially, I appreciate all the GMs on MW who put in the effort to produce adventures (it isn't as hard as many say, but it does require a passion for running TTRPGs). 

A decade ago, I would run one and be building one. Pretty much in that rotation. The one being prepped would show up about a year later as maybe the sunset of the active one happened. Nowadays, I've got one and a Co-GM to help toss ideas at. I find this keeps the GM interest up on my end and also helps me navigate around the 'this is a great idea, but not for this game' problems I once had. Usually a sounding board GM can help finesse that good idea into your active game.

• 4 weeks later...

When I hit my stride several years ago, I tried running about 3 at a time (I think at most I ran 5???), while playing in anywhere from 5-10 games (slower posting). That proved far too much to juggle. 

These days I like to run a single in-depth game that has lots of moving parts. But, I just started recruiting for a new series of games that will be one-shots. I'll try to focus on running a single one-shot at a time, but I'm in between jobs right now so lots and lots of free time may make me want to start up another. I do still play in about 10ish games, though.

Personally, I find the more games a single person runs, the worse off each of them is.