Recommendations for my TRPG library?

Drakeburn

I'm working on building up a library of TRPG books and PDFs, limiting myself to a budget of around $50 per month. Here's what I'm contemplating on buying this month and the next three months (not in any particular order):

• Stars Without Number Revised Edition + Starvation Cheap + Darkness Visible
  • ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying: The Assembled Edition + The Super Villain Handbook Deluxe Edition
  • GURPS Basic Set: Characters and Campaigns
  • Supernatural Handbook (M&M 3e)
  • Numenera
  • Mythic Game Master Emulator Second Edition

While I'm indecisive on which item or items from the list I should get for this month, I'd like to ask for suggestions for what I should add to the above list and why.

My TRPG Library

Player's Handbook (Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition)
Player's Handbook 2 (D&D 4e)
Monster Manual (D&D 4e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 4e)

Base Raiders, Superpowered Dungeon Crawling
Base Raiders Exemplar
Base Raiders Boiling Point
Base Raiders Boost Patches
Base Raiders Death Traps Volume 1
Time Traveler's Codex (Mutants & Masterminds 3e)

Deluxe Hero's Handbook (M&M 3e)
Deluxe Gamemaster's Guide (M&M3e)
Power Profiles (M&M 3e)
Gadget Guides (M&M 3e)
Cosmic Handbook (M&M 3e)
Hero High Revised Edition (M&M 3e)
Superteam Handbook (M&M 3e)

ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying: The Assembled Edition
The Super Villain Handbook Deluxe Edition

Pathfinder Second Edition Beginner Box (PDF)
    Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook (PDF)
    Pathfinder Second Edition Bestiary (PDF)
    Pathfinder Character Sheet Pack (PDF)
    Pathfinder Player Character Pawn Collection (PDF)
    Pathfinder Lost Omens World Guide (PDF)
    Pathfinder One-Shot #1: Sundered Waves (PDF)
    Pathfinder Bestiary 2 (PDF)
    Pathfinder Lost Omens Character Guide (PDF)
    Pathfinder Lost Omens Ancestry Guide (PDF)
    Pathfinder Adventure: Troubles in Otari (PDF)
    Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Troubles in Otari (PDF/JPG)
    Pathfinder Society Intro #1: The Second Confirmation (PDF)
    Pathfinder Society Intro #2: United in Purpose (PDF)
    Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Ancient Dungeon (PDF/JPG)
    Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics: Swamp (PDF/JPG)
    Pathfinder Flip-Mat: City Sites Multipack (PDF/JPG)
    Pathfinder Adventure: Little Trouble in Big Absalom (PDF)
    Pathfinder Secrets of Magic (PDF)
    Pathfinder Gamemastery Guide (PDF)
    Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults Pawn Collection (PDF)
    Pathfinder Gamemastery Guide NPC Pawn Collection (PDF)
    Pathfinder Society Intro: Year of Boundless Wonder (PDF)
    Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Arcane Library (PDF/JPG)
    Pathfinder Pawns: Traps & Treasures Pawn Collection (PDF)
    Pathfinder Adventure: A Fistful of Flowers (PDF)
    Pathfinder Adventure Path: Abomination Vaults (Foundry VTT)

Edited by Drakeburn (see edit history)

I can certainly start flooding this thread with my favorite games (as could others), but before I do, do you not want to tell us about the kind of games/genres/settings etc you like? That could help us give you better informed, more targeted suggestions.

7 hours ago, cailano said:

SWN is a great option. Worlds Without Number is also very good. 

It seems like you’re  looking for games outside the traditional D&D experience. Have you looked at Numenera?

I have not. I’ll be sure to do that when I get the chance.

I have been summoned...

There are some of my favourites, I've played some more than others but i can say that they are worth the price - which varies wildly i might add.

• Ars Magica - Only played one game but it was a lot of fun and a unique concept
  • Barbarians Of Lemuria - played a bunch of this, simple and fast and offers great character options
  • Blades in the Dark - only a couple of games, but i like the style a lot
  • Cthulhutech - one very short game, this is decisive because its a LOT. Its also basically three games in one so a lot is happening
  • Exalted - if you want to play an anime game without playing an anime game this is for you
  • Godbound - if you want to play exalted, but exalted is just too much for you (I prefer it over exalted)
  • Fading Suns - this game is old (like the last edition came out in 2013 old) and it shows, that said its a fantastic setting that i wish i'd been able to play more
  • Legend of the Five Rings - comes in a couple of versions but if you want feudal japan intrigue and swordsmanship with a little magic this is the one for you
  • Mutants and Masterminds - does pretty much anything but is designed for Superheroes.
  • Symbaroum - one of my favourites. Fantastic setting, great characters, not too complex
  • The Dark Eye - Apparently one of germany's most popular TTRPGs, i've made characters but only played a one-shot, it was great though

My inspirations lately:

• Fate (Accelerated, Core): A very versatile system that can support any genre. It can even support a change of genre in the middle of the game! In terms of versatility, Accelerated is better than Core (like, Accelerated can more easily handle The Chronicles of Narnia being invaded by Mobile Suit Gundam than Core can). We've been using this for all sorts of stories.
  • Mythic Game Master Emulator (2E, if possible): Great for playing solo. My GM buddy is also using this so the two of us can play PC's at the same time, and it works there as well.
  • Ironsworn: It runs on the Powered By The Apocalypse engine so it has an easy-to-handle mix of crunch and story. It can also be run solo, so if you get this, you won't need the Mythic GME. We've been using this to run a game in the Witcher setting.
  • Ironsworn: Starforged: Basically, Ironsworn but in outer space. We've been using this to run a game in the Mass Effect setting.

On 3/8/2023 at 4:46 PM, cailano said:

Or you could hold off and keep an eye on Humble Bundle and Bundle of Holding. I picked up a huge pile of Numenera PDFs in one of those last year.

I'll do just that. Thanks for the advice.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:44 PM, shawnhcorey said:

If you're into GURPS, check out the GURPS Resources & Play Aids. There is also GURPS Character Sheet, free software for creating characters.

Good to know, thanks!

Update: So not only did I buy the ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying: The Assembled Edition and The Super Villain Handbook Deluxe Edition, but I also got a bunch of Tabletop Gaming Guide to ______ books about the Celts, Feudal Japan, Five Points, Knights Templar, Mongol Empire, Pinkertons, Pirates and Privateers, Renaissance France, Roman Legions, the Three Kingdoms of China, and Vikings (I'm a bit of a history geek). I got all these books for around $25. While it is half of the intended budget I set for myself, I'm going to stop there and wait till next month to get more TRPG PDFs.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: For this month I got some of the books I got were UNE, The Universal NPC Emulator, The Adventure Crafter, Mythic Game Master Emulator Second Edition, Irornsworn, and The Book of Random Tables: Modern. With the Mythic GME Second Edition, I bought both the PDF and a physical copy. My entire order along with a discount code totaled up to almost $75.

Thanks @GreysonWulffe for the suggestions!

Edit: My physical copy arrived yesterday of when I made this edit.

Edited by Drakeburn (see edit history)