Sheet Folders in Testing ×

color and themes issue

Shocker

Hi I'm currently in a game were we all are using the preset colors to distinguish which of our characters is speaking. And while I think the posters have been using a color that is perfectly crisp and readable in their settings, switching between a light and dark mode might be a challenge for visibility.

BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome

BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome

BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsomeBALDR is awsome, BALDR is awsomeBALDR is awsome,

BALDR is awsomeBALDR is awsomeBALDR is awsome, 

And those are just the default colors. And I'm fairly certain depending on your chosen theme, some of those will be easy to ride while others are almost impossible.

Here my idea, no idea how possible this is going to be, how about assigning instead of a specific color a pair of two colors one suitable for light themes and one suitable for dark themes to the same style checkbox. As an Author I don't care much in what color my posts are rendered as long as the reader can see the content properly. 

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)

Theme-specific palettes are actually on our to-do list! Definitely agree that unreadable colors are not a desired state, though ultimately we can’t stop people from using whatever they want (source mode, more colors dialog, etc.).

14 minutes ago, Eric said:

Theme-specific palettes are actually on our to-do list! Definitely agree that unreadable colors are not a desired state, though ultimately we can’t stop people from using whatever they want (source mode, more colors dialog, etc.).

That's why I thought of pairs, like assigning one color code to the button, and only the themes interpret those as other colors. As I said just an idea, with no real practical experience to back it up.

The sketched out plan is to have certain "known good and recommended" colors (pretty much a recommended color palette), and have them translate to similar colors compatible with other themes when viewed in those themes.