Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Tann 'Jo' Jost

Starhawk

Character Name Race Background Class & Levels

spacer.png

Name: Taran 'Jo' Jost
Character Concept: Ethical Psychotic Mage
Race: Grey Elf

Description: I have been told that I have resting elf face. I understand this phrase to be a dwarven invention but in my case it seems apt. My expression is commonly haughty and disinterested. This changes when I grin, and it is a grin, crooked and fierce, and not a smile. I grin when I am fighting, for in truth I never feel more alive than when I am fighting for my life. I carry myself with straight back, dress well and appear as an academic sort when not fighting.

Personality: I keep myself apart from my own people and for good reason. The bloodlust that overcomes me is such that I live a life of danger, of combat. In civilised lands, with no outlet for my addiction, I would be a danger to others and so I travel to where conflict lies. Ashamed of what I am, I endeavor to fight on the right side, with the right people, thus transmuting my sin into virtue. When my addiction is sated, I am told I am genial and relaxed around people. My mind rebels at peace and indeed I hate the word. Peace is something I leave behind me, not looking back. Strangely, while I enjoy conflict, my body rebels when I have to resort to blade, it's simply too close for comfort, and my skill with a bow is not what it should be, I know not why.

Deity: I follow Deleb, the Oerdian God of Reason, Intellect and Study. I ask him for strength to keep my inner demons in check.

Origin: The Faerie Kingdom of Celene. She moves from place to place, attempting to never dwell in one place for too long so as to hide her affliction. The life of an adventurer is both her livelihood and her means of feeding her addiction.

Prologue: Began as a soldier in the Knights of Luna, fighting against Orcs. She was quietly recruited by a faction of the knights that dealt with 'special circumstances', providing full magic support. When this faction was uncovered, she was no longer welcome in the Knights of Luna, but since the scandal was covered up she lives in the grey, neither dismissed nor in active service. Following this she took up with a group who raided tombs and such in orc lands. In addition, she is known for a pursuit, interception and destruction of a raiding party of orcs who had taken human slaves, killing the horse under her in the process. Thus, she is by turns mercenary and entirely non-mercenary, even 'apparently' selflessly heroic, depending on the situation. 

Loyalties: Ex member, in good standing, of the Knights of Luna.

Music: The Life of the World to Come by Rob Dougan. It starts slow, but quickly kicks into gear. Basically a rather turgid beginning, representing her low level self loathing, explodes into ever increasing life when she finds love or combat, or both. It's not music for an ordinary life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKqa375LuF4

Images: (Any NPC's you mention should have a related picture, no description needed)

First name Last name (Relation)
(image 120x200 or less)

Truths, Rumours, and Lies

(This will be shared at random with your companions at the start of the game, you are level six so they have heard something of you.)

1. Jo is essentially a high functioning psychopath.

2. (Rumour) She's a knight of Luna and yet not at the same time.

3. (Lie) Often to be found shitfaced drunk when she has a chance to spend spoils.

4. (Truth) Can be talked into dangerous jobs by the helpless/weak.

5. (Lie) Walked alone into a wight barrow to save a child.

6. (Rumour) Despite her stern demeanor is actually a closet romantic in a big way.

Taran 'Jo' Jost 

Mad, Pretender, Dangerous,

"“The way I see it, there’s only three kinds of people in this world. Ones you do damage they won't walk away from, ones you follow, and ones you need to protect.”

Class Wizard 6 | 

Medium Humanoid Grey Elf Female, Neutral.

Armor Class 18 10 +4 (Mage Armor) +4 (Dex) +0 (Shield)

Hit Points 26
Speed 30' ft.

Senses Low Light Vision

Languages Common, Elven, Draconic, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan

Base Attack Bonus +3 

ABILITIES & SKILLS 

Base Attack Bonus: +3

Strength 10 (+0)
Climb (0) | Jump (0) | Swim (0)

Dexterity 16 (+3) 
Save +3
Balance (3) | Escape Artist (3) | Stealth (6) | Open Lock (3) | Ride (3) | Sleight of Hand (3) | Tumble (3) | Use Rope (3)

Constitution 12 (+1)
Save +0
Concentration (3) |

Intelligence 19 (+4)

Knowledge Arcana (9)  | Knowledge Geography (5)  |Knowledge History (5)  |Knowledge Nobility (5)  |Knowledge Planes (9) |Knowledge Religion (9) |Appraise (4)  | Craft (4) | Decipher Script  (4) | Disable Device (4)| Forgery (4)  | Search (9) | Spellcraft (6)  |

Wisdom 14 (+2)
Save +2
Heal (2) | Listen (6) | Profession (2)  | Sense Motive (2) | Spot (15/18 in shadows)  | Survival (2)

Charisma 10 (+0) 

Bluff  (0) | Intimidate (0) | Diplomacy (0)  | Persuasion (0)  | Disguise (0) | Gather  Information (0)  | Handle Animal (0)  | Perform  | Use Magic Device (0)

Bold denotes proficiency.

PROFICIENCY & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCY

• Tools Spell Component Pouch, Spellbook
  • Weapons Dagger, Longbow (20 Arrows)
  • Armors None

Class Abilities

Summon Familiar (Owl)

Scribe Scroll 

RACIAL TRAITS

*Immune magic sleep effects, +2 racial saves vs enchantment spells/effects.

FEATS
1st Improved Initiative

3rd Spellcasting Prodigy

5th Spell Focus (Conjuration)

5th Greater Spell Focus (Conjuration)

Flaw Feat Great Fortitude

Flaw Feat Lightning Reflexes

FLAWS

Shaky -2 Ranged to Hit

Noncombatant -2 Melee to Hit

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBRANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBRANCE (00.00 lbs.)

• Weight: 31 lbs. / [Encumbrance = Light Load]
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (0.00 lbs.)

Copper: 00 | Silver: 01 | Gold: 00| Obsidian: 00 | Platinum: 00

(000 Coins x .03 lbs. = 1.44 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPMENT READIED (00 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor (00 lbs.) None
  • Weapons (0 lbs.) Dagger, Longbow
  • Readied Items (0 lbs.)  |

EQUIPMENT STORED (00 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack (12/30 lbs.) Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Rations 5 days, Oil (2 pints), Small Steel Mirror
  • Strapped to Backpack (6 lbs.) Hooded Lantern, Waterskin

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS

Headband of Intellect +2

Cloak of Resistance +1

Pearl of Power 1st

Pearl of Power 2nd

Eyes of the Eagle

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)