Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Game chat

wrathgon

On 4/19/2023 at 6:10 PM, cheezal said:

Well if i read correctly! isn't he bringing in a character from Rifts?

Did Rifts have a d20 version?

But besides that no matter where we are or go, he could literally arrive via a rift opening...like the ravenloft mists transport.

And depending on What type of thing from the Rifts game set he is...will be how fitting or out of sync with that world or us...

Welcome anyhow..

That was the original idea, with the rifts being the entry point. The rules set wasn't valid though, and the conversion didn't appear to correctly capture it. So, while the character doesn't match my original expectations, I have wedged it into something that I am content with.

Don't worry, they have been kept tame, monstrous and/or otherworldly attributes have been avoided with wrathgon's help.

6 hours ago, darlis moonbeam said:

The puddle Jumpers also required it.  If they did not have the gene the controls would not even come up and work.

I'm pretty sure the puddle jumper has been modified. Jake had to put a special helmet on and their were signs of modification. Doing a copy/paste of Wrath's description. 

So you meet outside the station and are allowed to board. You have to space walk to give ship once over. While your can identify systems barely you cant firgure how to work them. The bird like alien gives you instructions how run the systems. You need to put on a helm to pilot it completely covering head and feed sight through sensors into eyes.

Its clear their has been modifications around ship. There some new panels around and on outer hull was armour repair.

Remember this is ancient technology you need the gene to run it so the helmet simulates the gene allowing people to Pilot remember we don't have a very big ship guys but we've managed to cram three Fighters into it or on it if it wasn't for the special time Jump drive we should try get a bigger ship but that's not possible. Maybe we need to shrink the ships down to microscopic size we can put in our pockets look out for shrink Rays on our travels

So this Downtime! is it for the 14 days that the Captain is evolving the creature? or how long is the downtime time amount...

And is the Illegal Mission Jake has signed up to within the Downtime phase? and how many days is that meant to take up..

As i could learn one of my class skills for Wizard/Mage if i delay my Cantrip learning or at least 11 days of it if i don't..

questions on the side missions are to be posted in the thread itself as IC questions or in OOC chat for side missions or just read the posts for some of the questions asked...

which is about 8 hours at sublight speed on a moon in a nearby system.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Wrath.. i love the game,but sometimes it's so hit and miss..

You have given us three options on top of the other two options available to us... then also tell us we have downtime..which in Kartesh's case...is he needs you to do some of that downtime. or now this side mission with Jake. 

And then tell us to hurry up with a choice,when sometimes we are waiting on you for feedback,but we carry on...

Kartesh  will need money ,and access to the time tent,and retraining tent. which probably wont be available after we leave, and may not exist if Jake and I do this side mission.

I thought we decided magic tech world?

We did...and some of us started the Explorer Guild thread as that leads to the same place but were put on hold on it,as the downtime thread was still on going...

We also can't directly get to them,as we have to navigate around 4 superblack holes and go through a planet if i translated correctly in order to bypass the sector and go beyond it.. we believe somewhere in this vicinity is where the Explorer Guild vessel has come astray..

Wrath...how far away are these super black holes from us presently, as you said in the timelord ship mission,the gravitational pull of one normal black hole was effecting us i believe still 6 months into our return journey,so what sensor range distance would we start seeing a pull from the super one's...

Obviously that's something Enoch,Kartesh,Farhvan and Jake have to work on finding out before we head towards it...

2 hours ago, cheezal said:

Wrath.. i love the game,but sometimes it's so hit and miss..

You have given us three options on top of the other two options available to us... then also tell us we have downtime..which in Kartesh's case...is he needs you to do some of that downtime. or now this side mission with Jake. 

And then tell us to hurry up with a choice,when sometimes we are waiting on you for feedback,but we carry on...

Kartesh  will need money ,and access to the time tent,and retraining tent. which probably wont be available after we leave, and may not exist if Jake and I do this side mission.

As always the downtime has no impact on the main mission he continually time events were not affect the main game those are self-contained. You also have to realize there is some preparation between missions so I kind of need to know which way we're going so I can prepare the next part of the game so while you might not immediately leave or continue having some notice will allow me to work on the next part of the game depending on which route you're going to take.

Down time has always been there to fill the gaps and are normally can be resolved without Direct interaction with the main missions. The additions of the job section does complicate things because it is possible that that may not be the case any longer so I don't know if the jobs should be assigned as down time because down time can be used usually any time within the period between main missions impact delay of us continuing on while the downtime which are normally either Solo or small groups are right

Well as long as you explain when things fall into place mate..

If you have us just put what we want to do in the downtime... and now the Captains questions about doing jobs has come up and we have voted on it..

Some of us you may say they didnt fall within downtime and we could do different things..

And particulary the Illegal mission... obviously falls within a week period...as now we know we have a deadline time frame.

and I presume Jake and I are also needed for the 3 man drop off and the Explorer guild mission.

So we just have to know as players the timeline of events..

And Xp variance ,well that has been a factor based on your own rules.. of your get xp by what you find...and also because some started later than others.

Like Enoch and I are the oldest two pc's, followed by Farhvan.. Jake's pc was here at the beginning. but due to sometimes being an npc then a pc.. that xp has been stunted at times...

But based on the fact that some of us have prime roles.. we would be needed and there is no secondary redundancy of roles,because systems cant be cross linked i believe.. but how then say could Jake pilot the Necromancer,and if he came into a fight,he pilot as well as use gunnery...

Okay the first thing I need from you guys is which direction you guys are going which side mission you're planning to go on or if you're going straight to the magictech world without any of the other jobs that have been investigated as of yet. I think how I will treat the downtime is each downtime section will earn a set amount of XP so most down times are going to be doing things investigating and rolling so I will asign XP for the completion of downtime and incorporating it into the advancement schedule I have for you all I think that's the easiest way to treat that. Like some other rewards some down Times May warrant additional XP based on what was done if you sit in your room reading a book to level up you will get the standard XP given if you go on a mission and complete a side quest you'll probably get a little bit of a boost in that I think that's the easiest way to do that