Game chat

wrathgon

On 6/4/2023 at 9:27 PM, evedgebah said:

I figured there'd be some changes needed. Crafting is a big one, we've been given super silly money, so makes sense to change the crafting rules to be total mod from RAW ranks. The Starfarer Armors are downright silly with their ACs. I meant to ask about that too.

Edit: Found this

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/starfinder-to-pathfinder

I've mostly only found PF > SF, this is the only SF>PF one I found.

so i looked into this, when I got a min I will grab the changes I think we need and add it to the post when the change will accord in-game

ALso those that used the mark enhancement boost from the station please make sure you mark what type of boost you used magic tech or hybrid as in nil magic setting the magic boosts won't be applied and in tech restrictive setting( far fewer of those than the nil magic) the tech may not work. I will tell you if some of them don't work so can modify your sheets.

FYI if you get an inherent bonus it will not work like that but as these are enhancements they can be taken out like equipment( though very hard to do)

so i dont play PF a lot but are there any broken favored class combo I should be worried about if I do allow them? there are too many for me to review really. I find it easier to not allow them then worry if they going to be a problem. d20 would also get them for the classes they take

For 1st party ones none come to mind. They're all pretty tame, especially since as of now we only have to worry about the human ones. The majority give a fraction towards A safe midground though would to be to only allow the default "+1 HP or +1 skillpoint" version.

As Drunva said, it's only really the alt race ones that are ever an issue. Even beyond that, most of the PF class ones that would be an issue anyway are for classes that don't make much sense in this game.

Question: If we Originally were from a PL 6 or 7 world.. and on our ship we still have PL 6 computers. (some of them).

If as you have stated the Star Wars PL is equivalent to PL 6 or there abouts.

If the D20 Modern rules of hacking are applied without any variance of say Enoch's higher PL Knowledge of 7 or 8 perhaps higher,and the use of a Neural Link...

(which i will cover)

We should still only be taking a round to do an action...mind you we would still be against the DC's that apply to hacking ,and i would guess a large network across the ship,unless it's broken down into different networks for different systems.

But don't think it would take as long as the stated 1 min to 10 minute range,except based on download time ,versus the size of the data..

Look at it this way... give you an example of how it is over here..

They decided to have an National Broadband system. so everyone would have access to a faster broadband network,even in remote communities,one government had it all planned out to be optical fibre direct to your door,.then we had a change of government which said nah to expensive.. so lets only have the optical fibre to the street outside the home and have the to house linkage be the old system .

So we have a fast network,if you aren't connected to your house,but at home its fast,until it gets to your home cable and slows right down.defeating the purpose of having the faster network..

In this way its the same deal... Enoch has a higher PL computer that is fantastic where we come from, but here its like his network is still in the days of dial up modems.

He has a higher PL computer which also Wrath has stated have higher capacity data storage...so it's like woo hoo. i can download 20 gig (as a exampe) using a 300 bps modem. You can still do it.. but its going to take a shite load of time.. due only to the network.. not Enoch's skill.

1 hour ago, cheezal said:

Question: If we Originally were from a PL 6 or 7 world.. and on our ship we still have PL 6 computers. (some of them).

If as you have stated the Star Wars PL is equivalent to PL 6 or there abouts.

If the D20 Modern rules of hacking are applied without any variance of say Enoch's higher PL Knowledge of 7 or 8 perhaps higher,and the use of a Neural Link...

(which i will cover)

We should still only be taking a round to do an action...mind you we would still be against the DC's that apply to hacking ,and i would guess a large network across the ship,unless it's broken down into different networks for different systems.

But don't think it would take as long as the stated 1 min to 10 minute range,except based on download time ,versus the size of the data..

Look at it this way... give you an example of how it is over here..

They decided to have an National Broadband system. so everyone would have access to a faster broadband network,even in remote communities,one government had it all planned out to be optical fibre direct to your door,.then we had a change of government which said nah to expensive.. so lets only have the optical fibre to the street outside the home and have the to house linkage be the old system .

So we have a fast network,if you aren't connected to your house,but at home its fast,until it gets to your home cable and slows right down.defeating the purpose of having the faster network..

In this way its the same deal... Enoch has a higher PL computer that is fantastic where we come from, but here its like his network is still in the days of dial up modems.

He has a higher PL computer which also Wrath has stated have higher capacity data storage...so it's like woo hoo. i can download 20 gig (as a exampe) using a 300 bps modem. You can still do it.. but its going to take a shite load of time.. due only to the network.. not Enoch's skill.

hmmm he cant use his TL 8 PC since there is no interface to use it, the same way he cants plug into neural net

Your example does not apply. here a closer one for you:

BBS boards, in order to first connect you have to call up on a modem, wait for the data to transfer then wait for it to put on your screen at the 56k speed. THEN when get on each screen takes like a min to load until you know what option to push. Now if you already know the options you can push them before the screen load as the keystrokes transmit faster than the visible page seen, so those that know the system can get through it faster by knowing what options to push before the screen loads(we used to do that on the BBS I used)

Even if he COULD plug in his PL 8 PC that won't speed up the THEIR system sending the data to his screen. The system itself is slowing down the processing time.

Now if he could get his link working he is STILL limited to the data transfer rates and the time it takes to move from one screen to another, just he does it much faster as he can process the data coming in better.

Both I and DM are computer science majors so don't worry we understand how the systems work. He is lucky he can use a computer use skill at all, in some system the computers are different computer use skill is not even used to access them.

Or he could use my Lower PL computer,which by rights should have the same type connectors...and have no issue Hardware wise.

I don't know if his Knowledge of both PL6 and PL8 Computer Systems give him a +10 to +15 bonus or a Negative...to working on their systems...

I wouldn't have the data capacity of his computer,but he could transfer it later on...or i'd retain it. and transfer it to him..

Or

We could use disable device on a droid... and run an interface thru it,via it's port to the wanted system.

if an R2 Unit can hold the plans for a Death Star...i presume that schematic data would be extensive.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, cheezal said:

Or he could use my Lower PL computer,which by rights should have the same type connectors...and have no issue Hardware wise.

I don't know if his Knowledge of both PL6 and PL8 Computer Systems give him a +10 to +15 bonus or a Negative...to working on their systems...

I wouldn't have the data capacity of his computer,but he could transfer it later on...or i'd retain it. and transfer it to him..

Or

We could use disable device on a droid... and run an interface thru it,via it's port to the wanted system.

if an R2 Unit can hold the plans for a Death Star...i presume that schematic data would be extensive.

hahha your right? your confusing the same LEVEL of technology with the same design, you are in a completely different galaxy on an effectively alien ship what right is that to say they have the same plug as you? I haven't even asked the DM if we can READ what Enoch got, both the data taken(the file format) and the language.

Well, you go find a droid to kidnapped and forced to work for you.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Since we are discussion Star Wars and the use of skills...

Do you have the Saga Edition Clone Wars book.

If so could you please look at the expanded uses of Knowledge (Tactics) on page 27 of that book...

If you need the document to view it, i will send you the link to an online displayed version.

Particulary the Anticipate Enemy Strategy whish i what Kartesh was trying to imply with his last check.

I would like to know is this a use of the Knowledge (Tactics) Skill,but you still have to potentially waste a skill point? or a weeks training (as per your rules) to claim the Trained aspect,in order to use the Knowledge (tactics) skill you in your post could not do,using the skill?

And if it's an offshoot of Know (tactics) i would have like to retro know what they were planning before they did it..to prepare a counter.

Which was to hopefully Emp them first.

so you want to use a new trained use of a skill from a different system that applies to 1 target and applied a check to all enemies on the ship? I won't even answer this one....

I think these are not valid uses of knowledge skills to be honest.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)