Sheet Folders in Testing ×

OOC

TheWordWeaver

19 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

Ability unlocked: MagusPie

Dae can now use pastries and other hand held foods as a spell focus

lol, I like it! It's only a V/S spell though... but she'll hold onto the pie just in case!

@ariel The spell description for Crown of Madness specifies "humanoid" which does not include "undead." The fluff you wrote justifies Dae's actions, assuming she's unfamiliar with the limitations of her magic or just hoping her spell will work because these undead don't act like the undead she's heard about. If that's not who Dae is, you may want to retcon that part of your turn. 

9 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@ariel The spell description for Crown of Madness specifies "humanoid" which does not include "undead." The fluff you wrote justifies Dae's actions, assuming she's unfamiliar with the limitations of her magic or just hoping her spell will work because these undead don't act like the undead she's heard about. If that's not who Dae is, you may want to retcon that part of your turn. 

Yah, it's ok. I actually didn't think any of Dae's abilities (no magic weapons, nothing but psychic damage or charm-y type stuff) would work on any of them. But, I think it is what she would try giving the situation and what she's seen. It's ok if she loses it! 🙂

You guys have it in control! She's just learning about her limits.

Edited by ariel (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, ariel said:

Yah, it's ok. I actually didn't think any of Dae's abilities (no magic weapons, nothing but psychic damage or charm-y type stuff) would work on any of them. But, I think it is what she would try giving the situation and what she's seen. It's ok if she loses it! 🙂

And who knows? These undead do seem a bit different. Maybe they're only "half" undead (and half humanoid), and your spell will work.  

@ariel The guard fails his save and is now charmed by you as your spell takes hold, on their next turn I will have him go first to attempt to strike the chain if it is not broken. 

21 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

And who knows? These undead do seem a bit different. Maybe they're only "half" undead (and half humanoid), and your spell will work.  

🙂 I love seeing the theories. Hopefully I'm doing a good job subverting your expectations XD

4 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

@ariel The guard fails his save and is now charmed by you as your spell takes hold, on their next turn I will have him go first to attempt to strike the chain if it is not broken. 

🙂 I love seeing the theories. Hopefully I'm doing a good job subverting your expectations XD

Two thumbs up on the subverting of expectations!

7 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

We still need you to blast that chain please

*nods* I have questions. So, he is prone. Would eldritch blast be at a disadvantage? I'm debating on attacking with her book. She would have mystically channeled your will through the book, so she would use her Charisma modifier for attacks and such. So would her attack with her book be a +6? (cha mod would be +4 then +2 prof). Then would the damage have +6 as well? So 1d4+6?

@fenrirlokison you have advantage because you're within 5ft, autocrit because they're incapacitated, you only get disadvantage on ranged attacks if you're in melee, which I technically think you are, so that cancels out your advantage... from what I can tell that's a straight roll, but you can add inspiration after you roll, if you need it.

Chain has 10hp, you need to break it, book attack means you need to roll a 4 on that d4, that's not great odds.