Sheet Folders in Testing ×

OOC

TheWordWeaver

Anyone want to weigh in on my magic item decision?

Currently, Mags' uncommon item is Gloves of Thievery--which, thematically, is a perfect fit. However, unless other PCs change around the skills based on the group composition, Mags is now the default scout for the group. And he can't see in the dark. So I was thinking maybe I'd switch is uncommon item to Goggles of Night (which was my #2 choice) to give him darkvision. 

Thoughts? 

I do have a weapon of warning... so there's that, I'm keeping it. The cast-off armor is basically because when she goes to bed she doesn't want to f*** around with taking off armor as she face plants into whatever space is serving for sleep.

5 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Currently, Mags' uncommon item is Gloves of Thievery--which, thematically, is a perfect fit. However, unless other PCs change around the skills based on the group composition, Mags is now the default scout for the group. And he can't see in the dark. So I was thinking maybe I'd switch is uncommon item to Goggles of Night (which was my #2 choice) to give him darkvision. 

Thoughts? 

Hmmm.... I would lean towards thematically fitting. 

9 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Thoughts? 

Hmmm.... I would lean towards thematically fitting. x2

10 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Yeah, I was going to take a weapon of warming (oracle), but I figured TWW wouldn't approve it. I was surprised when he approved it for Billie, but I figured she was a sure thing, so I'd already have the benefit if I was also selected. 

I can't actually think of other items I would pick, maybe generic +1 atk or AC stuff.

OK, his is weird, but...

I was envisioning all of these powerful females towering over Mags--who is 5"9'. So I looked up everyone's height, and we have the amazonian tiefling, Damaia, at 6"1', but the other females are actually shorter than Mags.

Somehow, I suspect this will only add to his discomfort. 

5 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

OK, his is weird, but...

I was envisioning all of these powerful females towering over Mags--who is 5"9'. So I looked up everyone's height, and we have the amazonian tiefling, Damaia, at 6"1', but the other females are actually shorter than Mags.

Somehow, I suspect this will only add to his discomfort. 

I did the same thing... which is when I realized that  Billie will be fighting Damaia, either past or future, there's no way she would not be challenging the woman.

Well, you're also not a giant imposing tiefling warrior.  Though she would challenge him too, like he's wiry, I bet he's tough.  She'd offer to fight most without weapons, even if they're wielding one, just because she's cocky... and has a right hook like a warhammer

She might offer to wrestle Mags instead, just because.

2 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Yeah, I was going to take a weapon of warming (oracle), but I figured TWW wouldn't approve it. I was surprised when he approved it for Billie, but I figured she was a sure thing, so I'd already have the benefit if I was also selected. 

To be fair I almost didn't but figured it's not that bad.

Also, I didn't plan for Mags to be the only Male I promise XD That's just how it worked out 😛

Hrmmm... What would happen if I took the cursed necklace harkon's bite and became a werewolf?

That's probably not a great alternative to the weapon of warning... Maybe op and we'd need some strong manacles.

Edit: yikes would need dimensional shackles to keep her in. 

On another completely unrelated note, how many moons are there in this world? 

5 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

Hrmmm... What would happen if I took the cursed necklace harkon's bite and became a werewolf?

That's probably not a great alternative to the weapon of warning... Maybe op and we'd need some strong manacles.

On another completely unrelated note, how many moons are there in this world? 

I'm actually using the rules from Grim Hollow for character transformations so if you took the necklace it'd be almost like piety with the way it is Levelled based off of RP stuff. If you want to read up on it it is on page 52 of the Grim Hollow Campaign Guide.

Im so glad you asked, there are 2.

Edited by TheWordWeaver (see edit history)