Sheet Folders in Testing ×

OOC

TheWordWeaver

@TheWordWeaver Just to note, Dae does have protection from evil up and it covers undead, so hopefully their attacks on her will be at a disadvantage? I need to think about how that spell appears for her... I'll try to work it into my next post if you say that it does apply to these guys?

Edit: I posted, assuming it did apply... if not, I will fix it up later, cheers!

Edited by ariel (see edit history)

Ah, sorry, I used to play in a game where as a house rule it was permissible to do a bonus action spell as an action (as long as you're not casting two spells). I will keep the text and just remove the inspiration for Dam. 

3 hours ago, ariel said:

@TheWordWeaver Just to note, Dae does have protection from evil up and it covers undead, so hopefully their attacks on her will be at a disadvantage? I need to think about how that spell appears for her... I'll try to work it into my next post if you say that it does apply to these guys?

Edit: I posted, assuming it did apply... if not, I will fix it up later, cheers!

Hey there yup I totally forgot about that, luckily the guard missed anyway but for future rounds I'll remember that. 

No need for the healing @ariel, but thank you. 🙂

@TheWordWeaver Are called shots a thing? I have a feeling we are going to have to kill grey guy, but in the case that we have to hit something on him instead or on another, I'd like to know.

EDIT:

What does "You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus." mean exactly? I kind of figured it was just a simple + prof to the roll. Which sounds right... I just want to make sure it's not actual additional rolls.

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, fenrirlokison said:

No need for the healing @ariel, but thank you. 🙂

@TheWordWeaver Are called shots a thing? I have a feeling we are going to have to kill grey guy, but in the case that we have to hit something on him instead or on another, I'd like to know.

I've thought about this as well and to make it as streamlined as possible. If you make a called shot the attack is at disadvantage if it hits roll damage and that's it. In the case of the Chains, the trick would be to find where the chain is on their body first (Who said it had to be the same place?), and then roll a called shot to hit it.

As for Krykon, I would say his chain is broken and he's down for good.

18 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

1. Mags would get an Aoo but Damaia would not as he never left her reach once he was in it. Paleface did a 5 foot step to exit her reach  wrong edition Damaia gets an Aoo on Paleface aswell.

2. The chain is connected to something beneath his flesh. To break the chain just roll damage with whatever you are trying to break it with. It has ten hit points.

Had to go back and catch up and saw this. So, we would roll perception to see where the chain might be?

Just now, fenrirlokison said:

Had to go back and catch up and saw this. So, we would roll perception to see where the chain might be?

Perception if they're still up and moving, Investigation if they're down and you have time to look them over.

No need for the healing @ariel, but thank you. 🙂

Ah, it is a big confusing being Dae, I should really wait until everyone is done before going. 🙂 So, did Lu not get hurt at all? Or did one spear hit her? If she was completely unharmed it wouldn't make sense for Dae to talk about bloody spears and trying to heal her. I could retroactively remove casting that spell and go back to inspring Dam?

Edit: it seems she took no damage so I will switch back to inspiring Damaia. Cheers! 

I think that Lulu still took 7 damage, the shield only blocked one of the attacks didn't it? NM I don't know how shield works apparently.

These reactions things make things tricky.

I'd still leave the inspiration on Damaia, I like what Dae said narratively, it would be a shame to lose that.

Edit: PS love how Lula even when moving doesn't actually bother exerting physical energy and teleports instead!  Edited my post to adjust for the deflection, forgot that she was a hexblade and had the shield spell! awesome!

PPS This encounter is great, a little confusing due to the nature of pbp, but the threat level, thematic danger, and creativity of it is fantastic!