OOC

TheWordWeaver

6 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Yeah. I agree. Still, its cool fluff.

Unless they start standing back up after we kill them or something weird like that. 

Billie is definitely up for breaking chains, whether out of necessity or symbolism, if nothing else as homage to Qalo the chainbreaker

1. Just wanted to confirm that the two leaders have powers that let them avoid opportunity attacks. The orc just got up and walked away from Mags and Billie's Echo. And Paleface did the same to Damaia. 

2. What would it take to break the guy on the floor's chain? Could a weapon attack from a dagger have a chance? Also, what would be involved in removing the chain without breaking it? 

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

1. Just wanted to confirm that the two leaders have powers that let them avoid opportunity attacks. The orc just got up and walked away from Mags. And Paleface did the same to Damaia. 

2. What would it take to break the guy on the floor's chain? Could a weapon attack from a dagger have a chance? Also, what would be involved in removing the chain without breaking it? 

1. Mags would get an Aoo but Damaia would not as he never left her reach once he was in it. Paleface did a 5 foot step to exit her reach  wrong edition Damaia gets an Aoo on Paleface aswell.

2. The chain is connected to something beneath his flesh. To break the chain just roll damage with whatever you are trying to break it with. It has ten hit points.

Edited by TheWordWeaver (see edit history)

Previously, you indicated that Billie could not get flanking with her Echo because it was an extension of her--or something like that. Was that specific to Billie? The Echo is not an extension of Mags, so can he get the flanking bonus for the Echo?

If no on Flanking, does the Echo count for the purposes of sneak attack:

You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

6 minutes ago, TheWordWeaver said:

yup, edited once my brain was done hemorrhaging information.

I've done the same thing. 

As far as things go the echo is technically an object that billie can proxy attack through, so it's not an ally or a flank buddy... At least that what sage says. 

Unless word rules differently anyway.  Their sage advice isn't always great. 

1 minute ago, Rumrunner said:

I've done the same thing. 

As far as things go the echo is technically an object that billie can proxy attack through, so it's not an ally or a flank buddy... At least that what sage says. 

As Rumrunner said. Though I did find an interesting idea for the Echo that says "The Echo Knight can allow their Echo to provide flanking BUT it comes at the cost of the Echo Knight no longer providing it in their location for that round." Say on your turn you could choose for you or your echo to be the one to provide flanking for that round. Would this be something you would want to use? I think it fits the overall aesthetic, but you let me know.

5 minutes ago, TheWordWeaver said:

As Rumrunner said. Though I did find an interesting idea for the Echo that says "The Echo Knight can allow their Echo to provide flanking BUT it comes at the cost of the Echo Knight no longer providing it in their location for that round." Say on your turn you could choose for you or your echo to be the one to provide flanking for that round. Would this be something you would want to use? I think it fits the overall aesthetic, but you let me know.

That would be neat if I could choose the flanking, I would definitely choose the echo, given it's in melee and Billie, generally ends her turn not.  Mainly because it means they would have to waste their attack on the echo or provoke an AoO from the Echo.

The scenario may be a bit strange though because Echo definitely gets an AoO, I'm going to let Mags take his first, as he has the higher init, and they already seem in the middle of doing it... also, Echo has two potential targets.