OOC

TheWordWeaver

5 minutes ago, Neopopulas said:

I'm not sure what's up with Owlbear for me, another game i'm in, their DM uses it and it works fine. I'm going through and like clearing cache and stuff and we'll see if it comes good.

I get the same asset error when I open it on my home computer but it seems to only affect the tokens that other users have added, the map still loads after awhile, and then its fine after that. When you open it does it never load for you? I had a purple bar at the top that took awhile to load fully.

I see the purple bar, i'm going to let it sit for awhile and see if it eventually loads - then it might load faster after that.

If it DOESN'T... Well i have like a half dozen devices i can use, i'll just use my phone if i have to, no harm.

1 hour ago, Neopopulas said:

I see the purple bar, i'm going to let it sit for awhile and see if it eventually loads - then it might load faster after that.

If it DOESN'T... Well i have like a half dozen devices i can use, i'll just use my phone if i have to, no harm.

I occasionally get:

Unable to find owner for map?

If you see a message labelled "Unable to find owner for map" please ensure that the owner of the map is connected to the game. If they are, they may need to refresh their browser to reconnect.

The main issue I've had with owlbear is the mapmaker needs to keep their browser connected to it. 

Yeah my other DM has it open on a tablet as much as possible and just leaves it on, its not ideal but it works.

Good news though, it did load (eventually) and it does load faster now, maybe it was just a size thing, who knows, but it seems to be working.

13 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@TheWordWeaver @ariel If Lu blows her save, both Mags and Dae have Silvery Barbs, so give us a chance to weigh in before you write Lu's demise into the next update. I for one, have a sneaking suspicion that Mags will need a free Advantage on his next turn (because he'll probably need to fight without a flanking partner), so I'll probably be willing to use Silvery Barbs. My decision might be swayed one way or the other by whatever details of the update have occurred before the moment of decision (when Lu gets spelled).

Alternatively, Dae might want to do the deed. Ariel, do you have any thoughts on the matter? 

@Wizard of the Coat Hi! I guess it depends on the attack... perhaps there wasn't an attack roll and then Silvery Barbs wouldn't help, right?

If it does apply and Lu fails her save, then Dae would absolutely use it and give the advantage to someone else. It may not be Mags though... as she knows she already inspired him. Has he used that yet? I might have missed it... I need to re-read the whole thread... 😅

P.S. For myself, I don't mind if saving throws are rolled for Dae during a fight... there may be times when I can't get to a keyboard. Cheers!

10 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

I get the same asset error when I open it on my home computer but it seems to only affect the tokens that other users have added, the map still loads after awhile, and then its fine after that. When you open it does it never load for you? I had a purple bar at the top that took awhile to load fully.

Yeah, it always takes a few seconds or so for it to load for me and haven't had any issues so far.

30 minutes ago, ariel said:

@Wizard of the Coat Hi! I guess it depends on the attack... perhaps there wasn't an attack roll and then Silvery Barbs wouldn't help, right?

If it does apply and Lu fails her save, then Dae would absolutely use it and give the advantage to someone else. It may not be Mags though... as she knows she already inspired him. Has he used that yet? I might have missed it... I need to re-read the whole thread... 😅

P.S. For myself, I don't mind if saving throws are rolled for Dae during a fight... there may be times when I can't get to a keyboard. Cheers!

I do not mind the DM rolling for me either. Don't want to hold up progress. I understand wanting to let us roll as much for ourselves as well, just giving permission.

I have a feeling Lu is going to be pissed.

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)

Honestly when you get those sort of reactionary roles, in PbP, its usually best that whoever is narrating just do the roll. Unless you don't know what it is, for example the GM could theoretically tell us what the saves are for a big enemy and we could roll them so we know, but it probably won't matter for NPCs much. But for players, its probably best if the GM just rolls any save so they know what is happening without having to wait and then maybe retcon a little.