Sheet Folders in Testing ×

OOC

TheWordWeaver

As it stands, a very few can get to us this round, and the rest on the way should cluster for great AoE options.  Billie is likely going to move her shadow into intercept for the chance at AoOs and/or to deflect at least 1 attack, it only has 1hp, but the AC is 16 so, it's useful as a speedbump.

15 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

As it stands, a very few can get to us this round, and the rest on the way should cluster for great AoE options.  Billie is likely going to move her shadow into intercept for the chance at AoOs and/or to deflect at least 1 attack, it only has 1hp, but the AC is 16 so, it's useful as a speedbump.

Oh boy, I can't wait to post this next post lol.

13 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@TheWordWeaver Nice job with the mysterious foreshadowing on the Chapter Title. I thought there might be civil unrest, not the walking dead.

🙂

14 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

It's always a bad sign when the DM doesn't remove dead bodies from the tabletop, but instead leaves them there with some special designation--and you know/suspect one of their leaders might be undeadish. 

huhhhhhh whatever do you mean? XD

So, about Find Familiar...

The spell description says it rolls it's own initiative and acts on its own turn. In PbP, this can actually slow the game down because you end up having to wait on the same player twice each round. Also, the familiar's initiative roll becomes irrelevant in a game with us-vs-them initiative. But I thought I'd confirm that Mags and his familiar can act on the same initiative, i.e. I can post their actions in one post when it's "our team's" turn, right?  

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

So, about Find Familiar...

The spell description says it rolls it's own initiative and acts on its own turn. In PbP, this can actually slow the game down because you end up having to wait on the same player twice each round. Also, the familiar's initiative roll becomes irrelevant in a game with us-vs-them initiative. But I thought I'd confirm that Mags and his familiar can act on the same initiative, i.e. I can post their actions in one post when it's "our team's" turn, right?  

Indeed

2 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Eeek!  I just noticed a change on the map: the Orc now has a name and appears to be attempting to make love with Mags. Very disturbing. 

But what can you say... the heart wants what the heart wants. 

lool I thought you moved him XD I was like oh he's dragging the body away?

7 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

Are we waiting for a Lula save? 

Correct, that's the only thing I am waiting on currently. I suppose I could post and edit as needed.

20 minutes ago, ariel said:

I dunno if I should ask now or later... but does Paleface seem undead as well? Perhaps Dae will be able to tell from the next post... 

He definitely doesn't seem well but maybe he just looks that way? The next post might answer that question.

@TheWordWeaver @ariel If Lu blows her save, both Mags and Dae have Silvery Barbs, so give us a chance to weigh in before you write Lu's demise into the next update. I for one, have a sneaking suspicion that Mags will need a free Advantage on his next turn (because he'll probably need to fight without a flanking partner), so I'll probably be willing to use Silvery Barbs. My decision might be swayed one way or the other by whatever details of the update have occurred before the moment of decision (when Lu gets spelled).

Alternatively, Dae might want to do the deed. Ariel, do you have any thoughts on the matter? 

40 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@TheWordWeaver @ariel If Lu blows her save, both Mags and Dae have Silvery Barbs, so give us a chance to weigh in before you write Lu's demise into the next update. I for one, have a sneaking suspicion that Mags will need a free Advantage on his next turn (because he'll probably need to fight without a flanking partner), so I'll probably be willing to use Silvery Barbs. My decision might be swayed one way or the other by whatever details of the update have occurred before the moment of decision (when Lu gets spelled).

Alternatively, Dae might want to do the deed. Ariel, do you have any thoughts on the matter? 

No worries, I can wait until Fenrir rolls her save and go from there.

Edited by TheWordWeaver (see edit history)