OOC

TheWordWeaver

😄

It is pretty fitting that Lulu goes last in each round, even if it's not on purpose. But if it's gonna be a thing, I might want to think about replacing the sapping sting spell, because it's really only useful if the team can get some hits off when the person is prone. I know it still has some uses, after all if they have to use a move action to stand, then they are limited with what else they can do... but its not quite as useful as I would like it to be, which would be at the start of a round.

I am rather loving this encounter as well and seeing who everyone reacts and such.

Dae is all like, wtf why are we not gone yet?

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)

Is chill touch an option? I prefer chill touch, but if Lula does go first the prone thing would be a great advantage for this party... But there's a save involved... So it's, do what you think fits. 

I think she's doing pretty great so far. 

I'd still leave the inspiration on Damaia, I like what Dae said narratively, it would be a shame to lose that.

Yah, thanks Rumrunner, I agree that it feels more correct to leave the inspiration for Damaia... it just feels awkward to leave the dangling roll. Oh well, all is good, just ignore it!

And yes, Lu going last is very fitting... 😄 

Anyway, the scene is great and the threat level does feel real. Sadly for everyone... a lot of Dae's choices are about what she would do instead of what's the best thing to do. I hope that doesn't get her (or anyone else) killed... lol.

2 hours ago, ariel said:

Anyway, the scene is great and the threat level does feel real. Sadly for everyone... a lot of Dae's choices are about what she would do instead of what's the best thing to do. I hope that doesn't get her (or anyone else) killed... lol.

I'm really enjoying the flavor/fluff of the monsters: helps create a "fear of the unknown" vibe that is often lacking in D&D undead encounters. 

If Dae's choices are about what she would do instead of what's the best thing to do, the same could be said--to one degree or another--for all of the other PCs, I'm sure. So don't sweat it. 

Yes indeed, Billie is prioritizing killing the most worthy adversary and protecting her sister, you lot are a relatively distant third. Also the second guy she's hesitant to fight for the most prideful reason... She can't take all the credit for it.  For example, a part of her is irritated at mags for attacking the orc.  Another part is irritated, that she'd probably still be fighting the orc if mags hadn't brought up the chains....

Anyway... 

I am glad yall are enjoying the encounter, my worst fear was it feeling like a slog but your characters are doing rocking so far so many crits already!

@Wizard of the Coat It does put him down which means I need to roll everyone in a 30 foot radius to him a DC 14 Wisdom Saving Throw which is Mags, Damaia and Lu. A failure means taking 2d6 psychic damage and being stunned until the end of your next turn. A success takes half damage and is not stunned.

@fenrirlokison Who are you hitting with the Eldritch Blast? I didn't see a target in your post or the rolls thread.

Edited by TheWordWeaver (see edit history)

Blessed by the gods indeed lol, Lu, Damaia, And Mags all makes their save taking only half damage and not being stunned!

Lu takes 3 Damage which with Resistance from Blessings of the Raven Queen is dropped to 1 damage lol.

Damaia takes 1 Damage.

Mags takes 2 Damage.

Did mags just do 28 sneak attack damage? damn, talk about big things in small packages.

Also ignore my post, for some reason i thought we had a GM post and i was way behind and it turns out i was not, because i'm posting much earlier than i normally would so i'm all off schedule lol

10 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

I am glad yall are enjoying the encounter, my worst fear was it feeling like a slog but your characters are doing rocking so far so many crits already!

@Wizard of the Coat It does put him down which means I need to roll everyone in a 30 foot radius to him a DC 14 Wisdom Saving Throw which is Mags, Damaia and Lu. A failure means taking 2d6 psychic damage and being stunned until the end of your next turn. A success takes half damage and is not stunned.

@fenrirlokison Who are you hitting with the Eldritch Blast? I didn't see a target in your post or the rolls thread.

Oh. My bad. Grey skinned guy.

12 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

That means Clair is gone, right? I was assuming she's maybe 10 feet up, so easily within 30 feet of Pale Face--and only 1 HP, so gone whether she saves or not. 

@fenrirlokison I have this memory of you asking if you could still move further after the Raven Queen teleport--though I can't find where you posted that question. Anyway, the Raven Queen teleport thing is a bonus action, so you can still take a move if you want. And of course, Valyv can take the Dash action to keep up with you. 

41 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

That means Clair is gone, right? I was assuming she's maybe 10 feet up, so easily within 30 feet of Pale Face--and only 1 HP, so gone whether she saves or not. 

Oop Yup Clair would be gone, I didn't even see Clair I scanned the battle map so fast yesterday night.

27 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@fenrirlokison I have this memory of you asking if you could still move further after the Raven Queen teleport--though I can't find where you posted that question. Anyway, the Raven Queen teleport thing is a bonus action, so you can still take a move if you want. And of course, Valyv can take the Dash action to keep up with you. 

I think I answered this in my head and forgot to post it but exactly this.

3 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Hrmmm... How would Valyv react to teleporting I wonder... I think it something he'd be familiar with.