Spellcasting

Lunar Embodiment

Moon Fire

Font of Magic

Metamagic

RACIAL TRAITS
Celestial resistanceResistant to radiant and necrotic damage

Darkvision

Healing HandsAs an action, you can touch a creature and roll a number of d4s equal to your proficiency bonus. The creature regains a number of hit points equal to the total rolled. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Light bearerLight cantrip

Radiant ConsumptionSearing light temporarily radiates from your eyes and mouth. For the duration, you shed bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet, and at the end of each of your turns, each creature within 10 feet of you takes radiant damage equal to your proficiency bonus. Until the transformation ends, once on each of your turns, you can deal extra radiant damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra damage equals your proficiency bonus.

FEATS
PiousPious Protection. If you fail a saving throw, you can reroll it, and you must use the new roll. Once you use this trait, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.

Religious Study. You have advantage on any Intelligence ( Religion) check pertaining to your chosen god. Starting Piety. You begin with a piety score of 3 with your chosen god.

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• Staff +2 to hit for (1d6+0) bludgeoning | Versatile (1d8)
  • Dagger +4 to hit for (1d4+2) piercing damage. | Finesse, light, thrown (20/60)
  • Handaxe +2 to hit for (1d6+0) slashing damage | Light, thrown (20/60)

SPELLS

SPELL SLOTS 4/4 (1st), 2/2 (2nd)

• Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack Mod: +5 | Spells Known: 4
  • Sorcery points: 3/3

CURRENT LUNAR ASPECT: New Moon

HEALING HANDS POOL 2d4

METAMAGIC

Subtle Spell

Quickened Spell

CANTRIPS

Light

Mage Hand

Prestidigitation

Shape Water

Sacred Flame

FIRST LEVEL 

Full Moon

Shield (R)

New Moon

Ray of Sickness

Crescent Moon

Colour spray

Other

Magic Missile

Disguise Self

Mage Armour

SECOND LEVEL 

Full Moon

Lesser Restoration

New Moon

Blindness/Deafness

Crescent Moon

Alter Self

Other

Misty Step (B)

(C) Denotes concentration. / (R) Denotes reaction spell. / (B) Denotes bonus action spell.

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE ( 81.3 lbs.)

• Weight: 81.3 lbs. / 165 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH ( 5.3 lbs.)

Copper: 0 | Silver: 215 | Gold: 0 | Obsidian: 0 | Platinum: 0

( Coins 215 x .02 lbs. = 4.3 lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPMENT READIED (10 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor ( lbs.) 
  • Weapons (6 lbs.)   
  • Dagger x 2 (2 x 1lb = 2lbs.)
  • Staff | Arcane focus (4lbs.)
  • Readied Items ( lbs.) 
  •  
  • Worn items ( 4 lbs.)
  • Amulet of Xoros (1lb)
  • Common clothes (3lbs.)
  • Vestments of Xoros (-- lbs.)
  • ShiftweaveClothing options:
    1. Plain but well-made travelling clothes
    2. Richly made blue and silver robe with cloak, suitable for balls and dinners but obviously dated in its fashion
    3. Well-made city clothes in muted greens, blacks and greys. Appropriate for things like going round markets and shops and casual visits with acquaintances. Fashion neutral, not too obviously dated.
    4. White and grey robes suitable for visiting temples, places of learning, and other administrative occasions.
    5. Plain common clothes, suitable for blending in but also doing light manual labour.

EQUIPMENT STORED (66 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack ( 5lbs.) 
  • Bedroll (7lbs)
  • Mess kit (1lb)
  • Tinderbox (1lb)
  • 10 torches (10 x 1lbs = 10lbs)
  • 10 days of rations (10 x 2lbs = 20lbs)
  • Waterskin (5lbs)
  • 50' hempen rope (10lbs)
  • Prayer book (5lbs)
  • Strapped to Backpack ( 2 lbs.) 
  • Handaxe (2lbs.)
  •  

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home 

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

Shiftweave

ATTUNED (1/3)

Headband of Intellect | Two | Three

APPEARANCE

Age 22 | Height 5'10" | Body type Slim | Hair Blue | Eyes Pale | Complexion Pale/silvery

Lucius is an young aasimar man with pale silvery skin, blue hair, and pale eyes that sometimes seem to be shining as if under moonlight. His skin is patterned with arcane sigils of unknown meaning but give a hint towards his blessings under Xoros. A strange crescent-like blue crown grows like horns around his head, betraying his otherworldly blood. Having spent his whole life in a temple, he is slim with little opportunity or motive to put muscle on his form. He often has a faraway look in his eye as he contemplates the mysteries surrounding his life and daydreams of an escape from the drudgery and predictability of temple routine. 

BACKGROUND

Background 

Acolyte
Source 

PHB

• Personality Traits: I've spent so long in the temple that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world. I grate at the feeling of being constrained by circumstances, and highly value my personal freedom.
  • Ideals: I have experienced tradition for tradition's sake. I believe Father Moon's phases direct us to embrace change and use our skills to be a change bringer in the world.
  • Bonds: I have been searching for the truth of my birth. I don't accept the story I have always been told.
  • Flaws: Despite being an acolyte of the god of knowledge, I don't have much book smarts, despite what I try to make others believe.

Background Feature: 

BACKSTORY

Rough backstory:

• From Thespoe
  • Acolyte of Xoros, imbued with power of the moon
  • Excited about dream, desperate for something new

For generations the Sortiarius family have been tending the temples of the Eclipser, Xoros. They have been diligent in their work, uncovering arcane secrets and tending the libraries that aim to pay homage to Father Moon's own hall of tomes. To say this was a family business would be to underestimate the scale of their dedication and devotion to the Lord of the Arcane. 

It has been a family custom to gather each year when the full moon occurs at the same time as the moon's perigee and share the knowledge they had gathered since the last meeting. During these meetings, the Sortiarius family also planned for how to grow their family's strength and influence. At one such event prior to an upcoming lunar eclipse, it was decided by family elders that one of the young couples of the family, newly married, would attempt to conceive a child during this eclipse.

Nine months following the eclipse, a little boy was born to the couple with silvery skin and eyes pale as moonlight. Lucius' birth was heralded by the Sortiarius family and the Temples of Xoros as a blessing from Father Moon himself, and confirmation that the Lord of the Arcane smiled upon their family and temple. Lucius was brought up deeply entrenched in the workings of the temples in Thespoe, and as he grew, he demonstrated a keen arcane ability intrinsically tied to the moon's phases.

It would have been easy for Lucius to be content with his life, fast-tracked as he was into the path of the priesthood and lavished with praise and attention as the living embodiment of their chosen god's favour. However for all the ease this brought the young man, it also created the cage that bound him to this life. Lucius began to grow resentful of this pathway that had been chosen for him long before he had even been conceived, let alone born. Why should he have to play the part of the dutiful acolyte just because a council of his great uncles and aunts had dictated this was best for the family? He could never have the freedom to choose his own life or adventure while they presented him as the embodiment of a medal recognising the depth of their piety and devotion.

When the dream's began, it was frightening at first and he spent several nights waking up drenched in sweat and panting from the panic he experienced. As the nights went on and the dream kept coming though, the panic after waking quickly changed to excitement. This was new, and it was entirely his own. Whatever this dream heralded, it promised something that was unplanned and beyond the stuffy schemes of his elders. Honestly, Lucius believed these dreams were being sent by Xoros himself. The young acolyte recognised the gifts that had been bestowed upon him by the Lord of the Arcane and was far from ungrateful, but he had a complicated feelings towards the god that had ultimately seemed to trap him in this life. The dreams seemed to be an indication that Xoros actually did have other plans for him, which was infinitely more exciting.

Emboldened by the dream, Lucius packed his things and slipped away from the temple in the middle of the night. Father Moon seemed to be encouraging him on, presenting a dark new moon on the same night Lucius had finally found the opportunity to escape his gilded cage, allowing him to slip away under the cover of darkness. He was already in Halaea, but he would never be able to investigate the truth of his dream while trapped in the routines of his life in Thespoe, so off he went towards Baromenes, hoping this would give him the breathing room to figure out his next steps. He knows his family and the priests at the temple will want him back. Who else can they show off to the priests of other gods to demonstrate how pious they are? 

Edited by Spydre (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Spydre said:

Think I am done!

Hey! Everything looks good here, you still have the "Quote" At the top under Lucius's picture if you would like to use it. Other than that Lucius looks great, We still have 2 weeks so if there is anything else you'd like to flesh out or explore just let me know!

15 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Hey! Everything looks good here, you still have the "Quote" At the top under Lucius's picture if you would like to use it. Other than that Lucius looks great, We still have 2 weeks so if there is anything else you'd like to flesh out or explore just let me know!

Good catch! Added that in. Thanks - I may make some tweaks in the meantime.

On 3/5/2023 at 3:06 AM, Spydre said:

Good catch! Added that in. Thanks - I may make some tweaks in the meantime.

Sounds good! You also got your magic items to pick, you are free to wait until players are chosen to choose those as well as some others have decided.

Magic item shortlist

Common

Cloak of Many fashions (Xanathar's Guide to Everything)

Irian Rosewood Staff (Eberron: Rising from the Last War)

Shiftweave (Eberron: Rising from the Last War)

Wand of Pyrotechnics (Xanathar's Guide to Everything)

Uncommon

+1 Wand of the Warmage (DMG)

Amulet of Proof Against Detection and Location (DMG)

Bag of Holding

Barrier Tattoo (small) (Tasha's Cauldron of Everything)

Boots of Elvenkind (DMG)

Cloak of Elvenkind (DMG)

Cloak of Protection (DMG)

Dagger of Warning (DMG)

Hat of Disguise (DMG)

Headband of Intellect (DMG)

I'm thinking I will likely go for 1 x common and 1 x uncommon.

Headband of intellect - this was given to Lucius by the temple to help with his religious and arcane studies. Not the most naturally academic of pupils, the temple soon realised that Lucius would never excel in his studies on his own. It didn't fit the optics of the temple to have their showcase aasimar, blessed of Xoros, being a subpar student so they quietly loaned him this headband to help him. When he ran away, he took it with him.

Shiftweave - Soon after running away, Lucius realised that the vestments of an acolyte were extremely noticeable. He was lucky to find shelter with a poor family who hid him in return for some work on their farm. While he stayed there, they told stories of a grandfather who had found wealth in trade then lost it all, leaving them to a life of farming. Lucius stayed with the family for several days labouring on their farm just trying to earn enough in rations to continue his journey. While he was there, their child suffered an accident where a heavy piece of farm machinery fell on them, and would have died quickly without aid. Luckily, Lucius was nearby and his meagre healing abilities were enough to save the child from certain death. In thanks, the family gifted Lucius with their last piece of inheritance from their once wealthy grandfather - a suit of clothing that could shift into different forms and appearances. Lucius tried to refuse but they wouldn't let him and so he gratefully accepted before moving on in his journey.

Edited by Spydre (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Spydre said:

Magic item shortlist

Common

Cloak of Many fashions (Xanathar's Guide to Everything)

Irian Rosewood Staff (Eberron: Rising from the Last War)

Shiftweave (Eberron: Rising from the Last War)

Wand of Pyrotechnics (Xanathar's Guide to Everything)

Uncommon

+1 Wand of the Warmage (DMG)

Amulet of Proof Against Detection and Location (DMG)

Bag of Holding

Barrier Tattoo (small) (Tasha's Cauldron of Everything)

Boots of Elvenkind (DMG)

Cloak of Elvenkind (DMG)

Cloak of Protection (DMG)

Dagger of Warning (DMG)

Hat of Disguise (DMG)

Headband of Intellect (DMG)

I'm thinking I will likely go for 1 x common and 1 x uncommon.

Headband of intellect - this was given to Lucius by the temple to help with his religious and arcane studies. Not the most naturally academic of pupils, the temple soon realised that Lucius would never excel in his studies on his own. It didn't fit the optics of the temple to have their showcase aasimar, blessed of Xoros, being a subpar student so they quietly loaned him this headband to help him. When he ran away, he took it with him.

Shiftweave - Soon after running away, Lucius realised that the vestments of an acolyte were extremely noticeable. He was lucky to find shelter with a poor family who hid him in return for some work on their farm. While he stayed there, they told stories of a grandfather who had found wealth in trade then lost it all, leaving them to a life of farming. Lucius stayed with the family for several days labouring on their farm just trying to earn enough in rations to continue his journey. While he was there, their child suffered an accident where a heavy piece of farm machinery fell on them, and would have died quickly without aid. Luckily, Lucius was nearby and his meagre healing abilities were enough to save the child from certain death. In thanks, the family gifted Lucius with their last piece of inheritance from their once wealthy grandfather - a suit of clothing that could shift into different forms and appearances. Lucius tried to refuse but they wouldn't let him and so he gratefully accepted before moving on in his journey.

Approved!