BWatford's Fancier Format Examples.

bwatford

POSTING TEMPLATE

PC

Nathaniel Wester Human Paladin 5image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 16 (scale mail and shield) | HP: 42/42 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 14 
Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Spell Attack: +6 | Spell DC: 15
Lay on Hands: 25/25 | Divine Sense: 3/3 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Post goes here.

"Speech"

thoughts in italics

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

In case you are accepting suggestions, I've been using a header similar to yours, but I made it so it looks fine in PC, Tablet and Mobile. Also, I believe that using a picture from an external link, makes it float when you use the horizontal lines. And this doesn't happen when you use tables or attach the picture.

So, what do you think? I think this could help in terms of appearance:
-

Full Player Character Name

token_F.png.fb2996643f07b1433688312cbc50b41d.png

Short Name - Class 1 (Subclass)
"Fancy Quote"

AC: 18 (Armor & Shield)|HP: 10/10
Initiative: +2
|Speed: 30 ft.|PP: 12
Spell Slots: 1st (0/0) 2nd (0/0) 3rd (0/0)
Spell Attack: +9
|Spell DC: 15
LoH: 5/5
|DS: 3/3|DM Insipration: 1/1

Post.

"Speech"

Thoughts.

Mechanics

Stuff.

-

Edited by Siryuu (see edit history)

COMPANION STATBLOCK TEMPLATE

NPC

spacer.pngJax Steel Defender
Medium, construct (unaligned)
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

Armor Class 15 (natural)
Hit Points 31 (5d8)
Speed 40 ft.

STR 14 (+2) DEX 12 (+1) CON 14 (+2) INT 4 (-3) WIS 10 (+0) CHA 6 (-2)

Saving Throws: Dex +4, Con +5
Skills: Athletics +5, Perception +6
Damage Immunities: poison
Condition Immunities: charmed, exhaustion, poisoned
Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 16
Languages: understands the languages you speak
Challenge:

ACTIONS

Force-Empowered Rend. Melee Weapon Attack: +7, reach 5 ft., one target you can see.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 force damage.

Repair (3/Day). The magical mechanisms inside the defender restore 2d8 + 3 hit points to itself or to one construct or object within 5 feet of it.

REACTIONS

Deflect Attack. The defender imposes disadvantage on the attack roll of one creature it can see that is within 5 feet of it, provided the attack roll is against a creature other than the defender.

This statblock gets placed in a spoiler on your posting template. His actions go inside your post as he acts when you act.

MAGIC ITEM/LOOT TEMPLATE

spacer.pngRuby of the War Mage
Wondrous item, common

Etched with eldritch runes, this 1-inch-diameter ruby allows you to use a simple or martial weapon as a spellcasting focus for your spells. For this property to work, you must attach the ruby to the weapon by pressing the ruby against it for at least 10 minutes. Thereafter, the ruby can't be removed unless you detach it as an action or the weapon is destroyed. Not even an Antimagic Field causes it to fall off. The ruby es fall off the weapon if your attunement to the ruby ends.

Weight: --
Value: 100 gp

spacer.pngSmall Diamond
Treasure, gemstone

A small cut diamond gemstone about the size of a small pea. Commonly found in rings or cut to make other jewelry.

Weight: --
Value: 100 gp

GAME AD

image.jpeg.41eefeb044bd500692f2b14964d25085.jpeg

image.png.368eeae65a4cbbe335abdd4aea52be8c.png

Crown of the Oathbreaker is a D&D 5e compatible dark adventure campaign taking characters from levels 5 to 15. The story is set in multi-layered sandbox realms, in which the players will uncover dark secrets from the past of a royal family after the fall of a blessed era and break a curse that plagues the kingdom.

The players will have to explore lands ravaged by the curse and travel to the Feyrealm, the Shadowrealm, and even Hell, where they will face hard moral dilemmas before saving the crown from the dreadful effects of an otherwise inevitable pact. A sinister bargain has caused suffering for the people of the land and has created a mad witch-knight hungering for revenge.

The adventure is partially set in Aglarion, a blossoming kingdom where all intelligent races are part of society and live in tolerance. This means that players can choose to play exotic monstrous races and still function effectively throughout the adventure. 

image.png.4fc541367e9d7668d783999c36aa4882.png

The land known today as the Kingdom of Aglarion has a rich past spanning thousands of years, influenced by cataclysmic events that involved multiple planes of existence. Since the dawn of time and prehistory, all the way up to its current state as a monarchy, the land and its rulership has changed many times. Several key events have shaped its past, namely the descent of the Dark Star and its dark angels during the Mountainfall, the rise of Sarath of the Shining Light and a cruel theocracy, and the establishment of the Kingdom of Aglarion by King Razmyrel Melkar and Master Arlen the Constructor, the first archmage of the land. These events have all left deep marks on the history of the realm and the legacies of these dark times can still be felt in the fabric of society.

image.png.f9b4ff581deafd85e3e4ef8ec9db9a8b.png
The Kingdom of Aglarion is known as a thriving realm. Times of plenty and an open-minded philosophy have resulted in a level of tolerance for beings of all types rarely encountered in other settings. The Kingdom is rich, its armies strong and well-equipped, and the rule of law is paramount under a popular king. But even in
these tranquil times, the Kingdom of Aglarion is a realm filled with adventure and dangers that lurk behind the veil of peace, reaching into other planes and deep into its history.

image.png.248a3547c94c96e2d2b8137b88654c87.png

A 53-page PDF with all new 5e character options just for this campaign. Take a look!

• 30+ NEW SUBCLASSES
  • 40+ NEW SPELLS AND FEATS 

image.png.0ddfbfd6bf685330c0178ed317f3aeb8.png

A 107-page PDF Gazetteer of the Kingdom of Aglarion with no spoilers. With all the details you need to custom build a character that fits into the campaign world. Topics covered in the Gazetteer are:

• History
  • Ecology
  • Religions
  • Social Structure
  • Economy
  • Laws
  • Noble Houses
  • Organizations
  • Neighboring Realms
  • Customs
  • Maps
  • Regions
  • Important Locations
  • Onadbyr (the capitol city and where the campaign starts)

Browse the Aglarion Gazetteer Now!

image.png.38199692997cc7b4bd8e2f18c0e06e7b.png

What rulebooks should I use?
You can use non-optional rules found in the Player’s Handbook, the Basic Rules, and all the books listed below. If a rule has been reprinted in a newer resource, you must always use the latest printing.

• Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons (FTD)
  • Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse (MMoM)
  • Xanathar’s Guide to Everything (XGE)
  • Tasha's Cauldron of Everything (TCE)

You may also use the rules found in the following digital publications, available on DMsGuild

•  Elemental Evil Player’s Companion (EEPC)
  • Locathah Rising (LR)

Additionally, the following variant or optional rules are available:

• Chapter 6: Customization Options (PH)
  • Customizing Your Origin (TCE)
  • Optional Class Features (TCE)
  • Variant Human Traits (PH)

The following campaign specific resources are also available:

• Crown of the Oathbreaker Player Options (link)

Starting Level: 5th level start

Alignment Requirement: Any (but all characters must be able to work as a team.)

Starting Equipment: You will start with the basic equipment given to you by your class and background, plus an additional 600 gold pieces, and one item from the below list. You can sell starting equipment using the rules in the PH and can buy equipment and spell components found in the PH or available rules.

• +1 weapon
  • +1 shield
  • +1 rod of the pact keeper
  • +1 wand of the war mage
  • +1 all-purpose tool (TCE)
  • +1 amulet of the devout (TCE)
  • +1 arcane grimoire (TCE)
  • +1 bloodwell vial (TCE)
  • +1 dragonhide belt (FTD)
  • +1 moon sickle (TCE)
  • +1 rhythm-maker’s drum (TCE)
  • Bag of holding

Ability Scores: Ability scores can be generated using the 27 point buy as featured in the PHB.

Hit Points: Maximum at 1st level, average each additional level.

Backgrounds: Any from the source books listed above or any from the material in the Character Creation tab. Customizing backgrounds is allowed but must be approved by the DM, same with any player built custom backgrounds.

Backstories: You are going to want to take a few days to read through the Kingdom of Aglarion Gazetteer before writing this. It should include references, common sayings, etc.

Character Submissions: You will also need to start a thread in the Applications area for your submission. If you have any questions about my rules for character building, any thoughts about character backgrounds, or to request that I review your character then you can do so by Clicking Here.

image.png.d4b60873cbf7666cc59dd0facdbc9f97.png

Application Deadline: August 20th, 2023 midnight (US Central Standard Time)

Post Requirements: Minimum posting rate of two to three times per week.

Party Size: Looking for 4-6 players.

Other Requirements:
- I want players who give detailed and interesting posts. Not one-liners and blocks of speech text. The rule of three applies here. What is your character thinking, doing and saying.

- Expect your actions to have consequences. Don't be stupid. Play smart. If I give you lots of hints that opening the box will unleash fiery death. Don't open the box and expect to live.

- I'm a story teller, the rule of cool applies. If it's cool, cinematic and epic, screw the rules- I'll probably allow it. If this grates against your rules lawyer soul...we are not meant to play together.

- Unless I tell you otherwise...assume you can play with the scenery to help craft the story.

Can I submit more than one character?
No. I'm going to go ahead and limit it to one character submission per person. That being said, feel free to change your character concept as much as you want between now and the close date!

image.png.8c4021a081e1e627ff94e3a9087608ad.png

• 1 month later...
spacer.png

Proficiency Bonus +3
spacer.png AC: 17 | spacer.png Max HP: 73 | spacer.png Speed: 30 ft
spacer.png PP: 17 | spacer.png Init: +4 | spacer.png Darkvision: 0 ft

spacer.pngSTRENGTH
10 (+0)

0 Athletics

spacer.pngDEXTERITY
18 (+4 / +7)

+7 Acrobatics*
+7 Sleight of Hand*
+10 Stealth**

spacer.pngCONSTITUTION
16 (+3)

spacer.pngINTELLIGENCE
14 (+2 / +5)

+2 Arcana
+2 History
+8 Investigation**
+2 Nature
+2 Religion

spacer.pngWISDOM
12 (+1)

+1 Animal Handeling
+7 Insight**
+1 Medicine
+7 Perception**
+1 Survival

spacer.pngCHARISMA
16 (+3)

+6 Deception*
+6 Intimidation*
+3 Performance
+9 Persuasion**

Aria D'Alambert

"I'm not a girl. Am I?"

Basic Information

Race: Variant Human | Sex: F | Class: Rogue 8 | Subclass: Soulknife| Background: Courtier
Age: 20 | Height: 160 cm | Weight: 60 kg | Alignment: N(G)

Personailty Trait

"Hm, interesting. I didn't know he had a weak spot for that."
I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.

Ideals

"I've been bullied before. Never again. I'll free the people from the one who torments them."
Generosity. My talents were given to me so that I could use them to benefit the world. (Good)

Bonds

"Demon King is living on borrowed time."
I will get revenge on the evil forces that destroyed my place of business and ruined my livelihood.

Flaws

"¬¬"
I'm horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by rivals.

Inventory

spacer.png Coins 200 GP 6 SP.
spacer.png Dancing Moon-Touched Rapier +1 Æ A:+8 D:1d8+5 piercing T:finesse, dance 4 turns, bright 15ft dim 15ft.
spacer.png Studded Leather +1 AC:12+4+1
spacer.png Alchemy Jug Acid 8 ounces. Basic poison ½ ounce. Beer 4 gallons. Honey 1 gallon. Mayonnaise 2 gallons. Oil 1 quart. Vinegar 2 gallons. Water, fresh 8 gallons. Water, salt 12 gallons. Wine 1 gallon.
Bag of Holding The bag can hold up to 500 pounds (226 kg), not exceeding a volume of 64 cubic feet (1800 L).
Bag of Tricks Summons up to 3 critters a day. 1 Weasel, 2 Giant rat, 3 Badger, 4 Boar, 5 Panther, 6 Giant badger, 7 Dire wolf, 8 Giant elk.
Boots of Elvenkind No sound moving. Advantage on Dex (Stealth) to move silently.
Broom of Flying Speed 50 ft carrying up to 200 pounds, 30 ft carrying up to 400 pounds. Command: "And away we go!"
Cloack of Elvenkind Æ When hood up, advantage on Dex (Stealth) to hide, disadvantage on Wis (Perception) to foes.
Gloves of Thievery Invisible on hand. +5 to Dex (Sleight of Hand) and Pick Locks.
Potion of Healing x2. Heals 2d4 +2.
Ring of Warmth Æ Resistance to cold damage. Immunity to -50°F (-45°C).
spacer.png Pack Silk rope 50ft, Crowbar, Hammer, Piton x10, Candle x10, Tinderbox, Paper case x2, Paper x10, Ink pen x10, Bottle of Ink, Sealing wax, Tent, Bedroll, Rations x10, Waterskin, Mess kit, Soap x10, Perfume, Steel mirror, Traveler's clothes, Fine clothes x2.

Traits

spacer.png Languages Common, Abyssal, Infernal, Celestial, Thieves' Cant.
spacer.png Court Functionary Your knowledge of how bureaucracies function lets you gain access to the records and inner workings of any noble court or government you encounter. You know who the movers and shakers are, whom to go to for the favors you seek, and what the current intrigues of interest in the group are.
spacer.png Proficiency Armor: light armor.
Weapons: simple weapon + longsword, shortsword, rapiers, hand crossbows.
Tools: thieves' tools (expertise).
Skulker You are expert at slinking through shadows. You gain the following benefits:
• You can try to hide when you are lightly obscured from the creature from which you are hiding.
• When you are hidden from a creature and miss it with a ranged weapon attack, making the attack doesn't reveal your position.
• Dim light doesn't impose disadvantage on your Wisdom (Perception) checks relying on sight.
Skill Expert 1
Skill Expert 2 You have honed your proficiency with particular skills, granting you the following benefits:
• Increase one ability score of your choice by 1, to a maximum of 20. (Dex)
• You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.
• Choose one skill in which you have proficiency. You gain expertise with that skill, which means your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make with it. The skill you choose must be one that isn't already benefiting from a feature, such as Expertise, that doubles your proficiency bonus.
Expertise Double proficiency bonus: perception, stealth.
Sneak Attack Once per turn, when at advantage or "flanking", add dice damage: 4d6.
Thieves' Cant During your rogue training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly. In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
Cunning Action Dash (+ movement), disengage (no AoO on movement), hide (dex stealth check).
Soulknife: Psionic Power Proficiency x 2 dice. 1st level (d6), 5th level (d8), 11th level (d10), 17th level (d12). Restore 1 die as bonus action (repeat after short rest). Restore all dice after long rest.
Psi-Bolstered Knack If you fail an ability check using a skill or tool with which you have proficiency, you can roll one Psionic Energy die and add the number rolled to the check. You expend the die only if the roll succeeds.
Psychic Whispers You can establish telepathic communication between yourself and selected others, up to proficiency, no including self. As an action, choose one or more creatures you can see and then roll one Psionic Energy die. For a number of hours equal to the number rolled, the chosen creatures can speak telepathically with you, and you can speak telepathically with them. To send or receive a message (no action required), you and the other creature must be within 1 mile of each other. A creature can't use this telepathy if it can't speak any languages, and a creature can end the telepathic connection at any time (no action required). You and the creature don't need to speak a common language to understand each other. The first time you use this power after each long rest, you don't expend the Psionic Energy die. All other times you use the power, you expend the die.
Soulknife: Psychic Blades You can manifest your psionic power as shimmering blades of psychic energy. Whenever you take the Attack action, you can manifest a psychic blade from your free hand and make the attack with that blade. This magic blade is a simple melee weapon with the finesse and thrown properties. It has a normal range of 60 feet and no long range, and on a hit, it deals psychic damage equal to 1d6 plus the ability modifier you used for the attack roll. The blade vanishes immediately after it hits or misses its target, and it leaves no mark on its target if it deals damage.
After you attack with the blade, you can make a melee or ranged weapon attack with a second psychic blade as a bonus action on the same turn, provided your other hand is free to create it. The damage die of this bonus attack is 1d4, instead of 1d6.
Steady Aim Bonus action. No move. Advantage on next atk roll.
ASI Ability +2 or feat.
Uncanny Dodge Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.
Expertise At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves' tools) to gain the benefit of Expertise.
Evasion Beginning at 7th level, you can nimbly dodge out of the way of certain area effects, such as a red dragon's fiery breath or an ice storm spell. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
ASI Ability +2 or feat.

ages.svg Backstory

spacer.pngMark Garrison had lived the majority of his 15 years in suffering. As a young child, he was bright and happy, but it all changed once school started. He was the kind of kid who wouldn't fit anywhere. He couldn't find peace at home, nor get to join a clique at school. Even the weirdos would think he was too weird for them. The bullies would take special time just to torment him and it didn't take long for him to learn how to avoid them all. He needed an escape from it all, and an escape he found in games, TV and books. He would spend his life in front of a screen just playing to death, or travelling far away to distant worlds full of magic and fantasy on the comics and movies. His family was worried about him, but being from average economic class, they had to work hard and couldn't spare time to actually take care of their son.

Mark wished he had the power to do something against the bullies. He loathed those who abused their privileges and power to oppress others. He even thought more than twice about doing something nasty, extreme. That's the level of stress that strained him. Ironically, not the bullies, or his reclusive, no healthy lifestyle, or some ocasional suicidal thoughts ended with his life. It was something as mundane and cliche as being hit by a truck.

Oblivion is a bliss. There's finally peace. Well, at least he was dragged out of his numbness by that calling voice. When he opened his eyes again, he was in front of a gathering of people he had never saw in life before, but that for some reason he knew them like family. Long story short, he was summoned to another world to defeat a demon king. If it weren't for the obvious display of magic, he would have thought it to be a prank. Com on, how many isekai games and mangas had he read already with that exact theme? But it turned out to be true. There was a problem however. Despite his other companions having a body, Mark was but a soul. His summoning came just after his death, leaving his damaged, lifeless body behind. For that reason, and since they couldn't summon someone else for godly reasons and rules he couldn't quite understand, he was instead reincarnated to a body of a born-dead baby.

spacer.pngAria D'Alambert was born to the noble family D'Alambert. The baby had some "complications" on the birth, and she even became lifelessly still for a while, until she gasped for breath again. What the family didn't know was that the first death was an act of murder, and the reincarnation process frustrated that plan. During the night, the assassin, an infiltrated staff at the household, visited the baby's room. What they didn't know was that Mark was very conscious inside the baby's mind. It was a torment, indeed. Not being able to move properly due to lack of strength, and barely being able to coordinate at all. Awaken on that night, Mark noticed when the shadowy figure approached. Fear triggered something inside him and the urge to defende himself materialized by the shape of an energy blade floating above the crib. With a wave of the baby's free arm, the blade flew towards the target. It actually missed a few times, startling the assassin who couldn't see his foe nowhere on the room, but Mark managed to hit him on the third attempt.

spacer.pngOn her early years, Aria's personality was very tomboy. It was like she was a boy instead of a girl. Always doing boy stuff, following her father up and down, playing on the dirt ground with some commoner boys, choosing pants over dresses, cutting her hair short... Since she was so young, people would actually mistake her for a boy. That was all Mark's doing, of course. However, he wasn't alone inside the girl's body. Aria's female personality was saved by the reincarnation process. She just didn't have any strength to compete against Mark's strong presence. After all, he was 15 years old, while she was so very young. But as time passes, Aria started to show glimpses of femininity. She would even startle her parents by taking a proper bath, cladding herself in a nice dress, combing her hair and trying out some makeup.

The two personalities shared the body, but they wouldn't surface at the same time, nor change ownership over nothing. It required a night of sleep or a stressful situation to flip the coin and determine who would dominate on the next day. And each was more focused on one aspect of Aria's life. Mark was more goal oriented. He wanted to train and develop his lethality, his psionic skills, and achieve his goal of defeating the demon king. Aria wanted her place in the nobility. She wanted recognition of her social feats, fame, reputation, and all that good stuff. Perhaps marry a handsome man and start her own family. In order to achieve her goals, she decided to leave his household and depart to a higher noble court. There she started to weave her network, connections, contacts, and a few friends. She was respected for her talents both as a courtier and as a specialist adventurer. Her dream life was flying high, until the demon king stroke.

He was probably hunting the summoned hero, and he knew Mark was a boy, so when he attacked the noble court, he killed Aria's fiancé. It wasn't the demon king himself, but someone under his command. Many others lost their lives that day, among nobles, rich merchants and many soldiers. The stress of the event awoke Mark inside Aria and he put up a fight, vanquishing the minion. That day, both Aria and Mark knew they had to focus on the main goal of killing the Demon King. It was Mark's will all the time, and it was needed for Aria to finally be free to seek her own future.

Aria D'Alambert

Aria D'Alambert

Variant Human Soulknife Rogue 8 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 17 | Init: +4 | PP: 17 | Speed: 30 ft | DV: 0 ft
Coins 200 GP 6 SP | Dance Moon Rapier +1 A:+8 D:1d8+5 piercing T:finesse, dance 4 turns, bright 15ft dim 15ft.
Sneak Atk 4d6 | Psy Die d8 | Psy Pool ■■■□□□ | Recover ■ | Whispers ■ | Blades 1d6/1d4

Text description. "Speech."

• 3 months later...