Sheet Folders in Testing ×

No automatic archival ?

Thot

In the oMW site, there is an automated warning for inactivity, as well as archiving of inactive forums.

I don't think there is any such thing for BALDR at the moment.

Is it planned in the future, please ?

I think it helps keep things clean and organized, as well as giving incentive to keep on, or closure if needed. In my opinion, it is a very much needed feature.

Thank you.

Auto-archival is one of the most complained about features of OGMW, and only exists for stability of the old site. While we may look at a feature to hide long-inactive games from the games list, there is no plan to bring auto-archive to Baldr.

Honestly better this way, in my opinion. I don't care for the auto archival even remotely. I've come back to games many times. 'The light left on', I believe, would have a not-0 number of GMs more easily return after a period, saying something in OOC and maybe informally generating energy and interest again. This is an order of magnitude easier socially, than PMing people about it or something, then unarchiving a game. Personally I run games that typically no one even bothers dreaming trying to take over, so I believe that's not always applicable even if feasible here.

Worth noting that archival in Baldr is just a "hide this from the active games" and doesn't have any of the strange side-effects that OGMW had due to the hacked-in nature of the games system there. But generally in agreement that we don't need to do this too hastily.