Sheet Folders in Testing ×

The Myth-Weavers GM Rescue Society

Basil_Bottletop

Quoted from Eric over on OGMW:

Ever taken over a game whose GM disappeared, leaving frustrated but enthusiastic players itching to carry on? Willing to do so for your fellow Weave members? Ever felt like it's unfair that GMs can recruit replacement players with ease, but it's hard to find the right GM to replace the deadbeat one in your favorite game? Join Mordae's GM Rescue Society, a resource for recovering abandoned and abused games here at Myth-Weavers.

What is this?

If you have a game with an active player base but no GM, you are welcome to post it here in the hopes that someone will decide to pick up where the former GM left off. The social contract with a new GM may look different than with the original GM, but the idea is that someone will pick up an orphaned game and try to run it to the best of their abilities and as close to the original player intent as possible.

What should I do?

Post a brief summary of the game's system, the module (if you are using one), the list of players involved, and something to sell your game to the people browsing this thread. If a potential GM sounds interested, try to take further discussions to the game thread, PMs, or Discord to avoid miscommunication and thread drag. 

Thanks and Good Luck!

Edited by Basil_Bottletop (see edit history)

Not sure how game rescues are supposed to go on Baldr side, but I suppose we would have to encroach this topic sooner or later.

I'm currently in one Curse of the Crimson Thrones Pathfinder 1e AP that requires rescue.  GM has not posted IC since 17 Dec, OOC since 12 Jan, and has not visited Baldr since 17 Jan.  The players (@Inash@Naimless and myself) would like to have this game rescued if possible.

Considering that the GM has not posted IC for seven weeks, I consider this a fair ask.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The current DM of Dread Realms: Falkovnia Has not been on since the 15th of September and we have all kind of agreed that we need a rescue as the game never even started. I am willing to try my hand at DMing, but I am also open to the idea of a more experienced 5e dm coming to our rescue as well. If no one else wants the job, can an admin make me the DM on Monday the 16th?

Thanks in advance you legends!

@Eric to be fair, FelixFaust has stated that he's new to 5e entirely, so it's going to be trial by fire with him or you anyway! :) So if you want to try out 5e GMing, now's the time! 😁 (And FelixFaust probably won't mind, as he intended on being a player to begin with)

Everyone willing to play in that game is already OK with a newbie GM.

I won't mind at all! I am new to 5e and a bit with Ravenloft too! They are a really awesome group of people and there is a fair number of them willing to give this a go.

Those who have posted in their applications since Saturday the 7th of October (and myself) are all active and ready for a chance to play. I am simply willing as I know the pain of getting a character ready and having a DM go poof!

Again, either way is fine by me, Thanks in advance mate!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...