Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Please help me decide which campaign to GM on Baldr

jokomaisu

My Eight Campaign Concepts  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which campaign would you most like to play on Baldr?

• The Mystery Mavens of Monarch Bay
    • Beyond Stranger Things
    • Might Makes Right
    • It's Always Sunny in Brancalonia
    • The Show that Never Ends
    • Hellbound
    • Reiklanders & Ravenloft
    • Heroes of the Reef

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/13/2023 at 02:12 AM

On 1/24/2023 at 9:33 PM, jokomaisu said:

@Cirlot Yeah, I have not found much on it online. Probably more content on the Italian side of the internet 😉

I have never played anything Cypher. What don't you like about it?

Bit belated response to this: it's hard to articulate but it roughly boils down to "it's too complicated to be as simple as it wants to present as and too simple to justify the complication in demands?"   It's this weird medium crunch* game masquerading as a lower crunch narrative engine and the incongruity makes it hard for me to interact with in the way the game wants me to.  That and the whole "no GM rolls required" thing just bugs me on a visceral level, but I have absolutely no good reason for that particular bias.

*Crunch is a fuzzy term but for me it's best defined as how easily the system gets out of the way in play: it's less how many mechanical bits there are and more how frequently I'm having to interact with those bits in order to engage with the game world.  FATE is a good example of this for me.  I find it a medium crunch game as having to constantly tag aspects, compels and engage in the FATE point meta-economy of the game means I'm, as a player, interacting with the rules of the game first, the world and story of the game second.  A certain amount of this is my comfort with the system, admittedly, so others mileage may vary.

@Cirlot: Thank you for your insight. I must admit that the "no GM rolls required" is a strange concept for me because all my TTRPG history is with systems where the GM rolls (D&D and the Palladium systems games). Despite that, I'm intrigued by it. However, I think those type of systems in PBP would likely end up with the GM making rolls on the players behalf to keep the pace of the game moving, but that's still not the same as the GM required to roll, if that makes sense.

Time for our first Sunday recap:

In the lead: It's Always Sunny in Brancalonia
Right behind: Reiklanders & Ravenloft
On the heels: The Mystery Mavens of Monarch Bay
Middle of the pack: Might Makes Right/Hellbound
A little further back: Beyond Stranger Things/Heroes of the Reef
Bringing up the rear: The Show That Never Ends

These are the current results of both the Poll here and the Poll on OGMW.

Both polls will stay open until the morning of February 24th.

A few more votes this week pushed the two frontrunners further ahead of the rest.

Time for our second Sunday recap:

Staying in the lead: It's Always Sunny in Brancalonia
Keeping pace: Reiklanders & Ravenloft
Falling behind a bit: The Mystery Mavens of Monarch Bay
Middle of the pack: Might Makes Right/Hellbound
A little further back: Beyond Stranger Things/Heroes of the Reef
Bringing up the rear: The Show That Never Ends

These are the current results of both the Poll here and the Poll on Baldr.

Both polls will stay open until the morning of February 24th.

Final Results

The Mystery Mavens of Monarch Bay (5)

@Morphling
@AnemoneEnemy
@Amy
@Ezeze
@Choomie

Beyond Stranger Things (1)

@GaryD20

Might Makes Right (2)

@DarkisNotEvil
@dbcowboy

It's Always Sunny in Brancalonia (9)

@SMARTAgentKC
@guitarist
@Shocker
@King Nate
@Shadeus
@Gigglecake
@Cirlot
@Mizukami
@Jedaii

The Show that Never Ends (1)

@Leonidas1789

Hellbound (2)

@yxanthymir
@TheDragonOfFlame

Reiklanders & Ravenloft (7)

@Harding
@Melkar
@Rudolf
@Dixi
@Rider Z
@MysteryNo1
@Merbak

Heroes of the Reef (2)

@Keante
@Seth0194

The poll has been quiet for over a week, so I'm going to call it early. Thank you to the 29 of you who voted!

The winning campaign, with 9 votes, is:

It's Always Sunny in Brancalonia!

The only campaign that came close to winning was Reiklanders & Ravenloft with 7 votes.

I will be setting up a Game Forum soon and you will all be invited to join the campaign. The 9 who voted for this campaign will get the first player spots. Everyone else who voted can be a player once those spots are filled (or declined). After that I will have open recruitment for anyone else to join. At this point, I'm not sure what the maximum number of players I will be taking on. Players in the campaign will all be in the same company, so it will probably take me some time to figure out how many different bands of Knaves I can juggle at one time.

Please note that I do not know when this campaign will start. However, it will be the only campaign that I'm focused on during my free time. I will provide status updates in the game forum, so everyone can see my progress toward starting the campaign. I'm super excited for this!

The Game Forum has been created and the first wave of invites will be sent soon (as long as I don't get distracted this weekend). To be clear, right now the Game Forum will be used for me to keep in touch with the players about my progress of setting up the campaign, which I will do via the Blog feature. Additionally, there will be at least one Thread for everyone to communicate during the pre-campaign period. Please understand that I do not know when this campaign will start, but it will be the only campaign I'm focused on running (online and offline).

Thank you again to all 29 of you who participated in my poll!

I look forward to gaming with you all!