New OOC Tavern

Grendel

I'm moving the OOC to this folder because I am finding Bladr too slow and don't want to keep changing folders.  I'll see about consolidating some of the other folders as well.

"Find the best person to talk to for news, rumors, and gossip" is the first example in the PHB for the proper use of a CHA check.  No skill applies.

With those CHA rolls (a 20 and a 21) you have a very good idea of whom you can ask about comings and goings.  Eadberht and Silas, you each know someone or of someone that you can ask for rumors/gossip.  You can flesh them out a bit, but they are likely to be inn or tavern keepers or patrons.

In my case, I work during the day but can update in the evenings.  For now I am mostly free on weekends and can post several times during the day.  That will change in about a month, but I will still have evenings.  It's because of the variations in schedules and time zones that I made the expectation five times a week instead of "daily" or seven.

@Draidden, @JohannThierial, let's sort out any misunderstanding here and then edit each of your last posts before anyone else posts.

As I understand Ehrick's suggestion, he will stand outside by the docks and watch the two dockside taverns and the dockside inn, while each of the rest of you goes one into one of those establishments to either look for Caelyn or for Bruno.  For example, Eadberht could go the Sailor's Rest Inn while Silas goes into the the Sea Serpent and Kaspar into the Blood & Shot.  Then everyone re-groups outside where Ehrick is on look out and compares notes.  Is that right?

13 minutes ago, Grendel said:

@Draidden, @JohannThierial, let's sort out any misunderstanding here and then edit each of your last posts before anyone else posts.

As I understand Ehrick's suggestion, he will stand outside by the docks and watch the two dockside taverns and the dockside inn, while each of the rest of you goes one into one of those establishments to either look for Caelyn or for Bruno.  For example, Eadberht could go the Sailor's Rest Inn while Silas goes into the the Sea Serpent and Kaspar into the Blood & Shot.  Then everyone re-groups outside where Ehrick is on look out and compares notes.  Is that right?

Sounds like a reasonable sum up. 

I was not upset, I was just trying to verify if he was ignoring it in character or if he really did not understand. That is why I posted it in the OOC thread. I have played with players who like to mess with the other characters in character and it can be fun as long as both are on the same page.

After all we did just meet so misunderstanding could happen.

No harm no foul and no worries.  That is a reasonable way to proceed (your last in game post) and now the rest can proceed to reply and we can get on with the game.

Considering the limitations of this medium, that is why I like medium length posts with as much detail about body language, tone of voice, gestures and mannerisms; all the context we need to see what the characters are doing.  Thank you all.