Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Anyone running PF1e APs?

iantruesilver

• 2 months later...

I'd have a strong inclination to get rid of normal spellcasting altogether, replacing it with the Spheres magic system.

For non-spellcasters, I'd encourage everyone to use Spheres of Might, but I wouldn't go so far as saying no standard martial classes at all on that side of things.

Spheres of Power basically sets casters on a linear progression (rather than quadratic), and lets you customize a caster's magic to a greater degree with 'spells' (Sphere abilities) that scale for your whole career and give a large variety of viable options (so you can't guess with 80-90% accuracy what 'spells' a caster will have at any given level).

Spheres of Might allows more customization for martial classes, giving lots of different ways to focus and fight.  It does it without making it into a mundane spellcaster or having the painful tracking issues of Path of War (Pathfinder's Tome of Battle).

Everything is available at: spheresofpower.wikidot.com.

Way of the Wicked is full on evil. However, if I were running it I would be looking for player characters to be...maybe I'll call it a "clean" evil. There'd be no question that you're evil because you're very willing to kill lots of good NPCs who will oppose you (and you're willing servants of Asmodeus), but I'm not interested in playing out nasty scenes of torture or other grotesque things.

Think of PG movies, like Star Wars. Darth Vader is definitely evil, but we don't see anything nasty.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to get back into campaign running...   

I also have The Rise of the Runelords path, The Slumbering Tsar Saga (well 1/3rd of it, enough to start and the pdf of the whole thing is only $20 so if a game got truly rolling I'd invest in the compendium for the other two 'mega-sections', as well as The Emerald Spire Superdungeon (which is about a 1-12 event, more than enough to qualify I think).

Not that I'd turn down playing either. 🙂

@coreal:

I've been mashing some of RotRL's content into my Jade Regent campaigns, I really do love Ameiko's family story. So I'm somewhat familiar with Books 1 and 2.

ESSD is also a fun one for some solid dungeon crawling, I ran it for a bit on a live table and had lots of fun doing it, but I find the book doesn't really provide for a heck of a lot of detail about the town, which, YMMV I suppose depending on how much work the DM and players want to do to flesh out things in RP.

Never played either of these though, wouldn't mind a stab at one of them one day myself.

Not sure I'm familiar with Slumbering Tsar.