Prelude — Sandpoint

iantruesilver

spacer.png

Kaichar

"Boars came into town?" Kaichar rumbled a questioning echo to the statement. "That's very unusual." He muses. "I won't kill the wolf." The contrast of his refusal to the massive claws that still drip blood of the wolf he had just obliterated is striking, to say the least. "Leave it be. They are not vengeful." He adds. "Maybe whatever frightened the men is also what has caused this strange behaviour." The tiefling shrugs, and looks back to the river. "Does anyone need help crossing? At this size I can do it easy - and I can carry you if you need - no animals though." He looks apologetically at the gnome and his steed. "We should hurry though. I don't have long."

Mechanics

enlarge person is active. Strength 19, Dex 12. AC 15. Claws +3/+3 (1d6+4).

image.png.5248c381aaecbcba9b8ca9f631612e8e.png

Statblock

Darhana
Female CG Half-elf Ranger (Guide), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12,Speed 40ft
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
2-handed longbow (60) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +2 (1d8+1, 19-20/x2)
dagger (cold iron) +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Studded Leather, light wooden shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition: None

"I can manage," Darhana said, looking at the location.  She would cross either over the log or across the stones or simply through the water if it isn't too deep, taking care not to go too fast. 

OOC

none

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngNeskas shakes his head and nudges Snappy toward the crossing. “We should be good. Snappy likes a good swim.”

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

full round: charge wolf 2 - forgot the +1 from bardic inspiration on the attack roll, if that matters.
Move: 

Standard: share teamwork feat Escape Route

spacer.png

"Very well, I won't kill it. I always heard that once an animal gets a taste for man flesh it does not stop - perhaps this is their first attempt." Lars says.  And with the offer of assistance crossing the river, he adds, "I probably can make it alone, but assistance would be welcome should i have misfortune."

OOC Specifics

Short Statblock|CisMale NG Half-Elf Rogue (unchained), Level 1, Init 4, HP 10/10, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13, CMD 16, Fort 2, Ref 6, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
short sword +4 (1d6+1, 19-20 x2)
dagger +4 (1d4_1, 19-20 x2)
javelin (3) +4 (1d6+1, 20 x2)
studded leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition +1 to attack rolls to those that threaten Shalelu; +1 perception to detect traps and to disable device skill to disarm them; +2 saving throw vs enchantment spells and effects; immune to magic sleep.
low light vision

Bianca Pohlo

apprentice_wizard_by_matbudimir_dcrqsex-pre.jpg

Bianca looks at the wolf sceptically.

"An... enchanted wolf?" she asks, confused. "I suppose I could attempt to test for magic... but it's already under a spell. I put it to sleep."

Nervously, she eyes the wolf. Last time she'd tried to divine for magic, the thing she was inspecting had grabbed at her.

"And... er... it might wake up," she adds. "Maybe we should just let it be and, erm, leave?"

spacer.pngNorika guides the horse away from the sleeping wolf and keeps her eyes on those attempting the ford so that she knows the best way to ride or lead Sandru's horse across the river.

Those heading across the river quickly find themselves about waist deep at barely ten or so feet from the creek's edge.

Darhana's decision to look at balancing over the log or hopping the stones as options is wise, as either of those would probably would offer some amount of ease to help cross the water.

And while the water isn't moving necessarily very fast downstream, there's no telling what dangers await the unwary.

(( Please roll an appropriate skill check to cross the river. ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Sister Azura

654945713_PNGimage.png.43e39c008b5a6a0461eb3aa3b4a85ff7.pngAzura eyes the water, looking for dangers and wildlife that might sneak up on them. “I bet I can swim across if I get out of this armour,” she muses to herself.

Name
Perception
1d20+5 16

spacer.pngNoriko guides Luci to the water's edge and begins to slowly guide the mount across, letting Luci show what skill she has, while Noriko does her best to stay on the horse's back and keep it directed toward the far shore.

Take 10 on Ride check.

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)

Neskas Weengoditin

spacer.pngAs Snappy gets chest deep into the river and they aren't yet halfway accross. “Let's go lad.” He urges Snappy into the water and the dog swims across.

Statblock

Neskas Weengoditin S NG Gnome Cavalier, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init15[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 13/13, [B]Speed[/B] 15[B]AC[/B] 19, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 18, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   [B]reach Lance (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, x3)[B]  Longsword (-) [/B] 4 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)[B]  Shortbow (20) [/B] 3 (1d4, x3)[B]  Scale Mail[/B], [B]  Heavy Steel Shield[/B] (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +1 Size)[B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14[B]Condition[/B] None 

Snappy
M N WolfDog Mount (Charger), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]CMD[/b] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 4, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +3, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1   
[B]  Bite [/B] 3 (1d6+2, x2)
[B]  Studded Leather Barding[/B] (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 6
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Actions Crunch and OOC

Ride check should be a 10: Cavaliers ignore ACP on ride check and I was slow spotting that 2 of the penalty was from his shield.

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
handle animal
1d20+6 20
snappy swim
1d20-1 19
ride
01d20+5 3

image.png.5248c381aaecbcba9b8ca9f631612e8e.png

Statblock

Darhana
Female CG Half-elf Ranger (Guide), Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12,Speed 40ft
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 3, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
2-handed longbow (60) +4 (1d8, x3)
Longsword +2 (1d8+1, 19-20/x2)
dagger (cold iron) +2 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
Studded Leather, light wooden shield (+3 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition: None

Darhana will cross over the log, slowly and carefully

OOC

none

Name
athletics
1d20+2 11

As Azura eyes up a safe path to cross the creek, figuring that swimming just upstream but close to where the large rocks are semi-submerged in the water, some of the others are already going ahead without as much hesitation.

spacer.pngWithout much difficulty, Noriko guides Luci through the water, though during some parts of it she distinctly felt the difference between the animal treading water at some point, as opposed to its hooves pushing them forward against solid ground.

Neskas is next to follow atop of Snappy.  There was a moment smiliarly where the gnome felt the wolfdog and its saddle slipping away from him as the mount transitioned to paddling, but with a firm grip and narrowing of his stance at the knees and ankles, Neskas stayed on for the duration of the ride across.

Balancing on the slippery trunk, Darhana made her way across above the surface of the creek, avoiding getting herself wet, but not without at least the threat of losing her balance once or twice in the process.

(( Three across the other side, waiting for four still.  Don't forget the horse! ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Luci Swim
1d20+5 19

spacer.png

Lars follows Darhana along the slippery log, trying to see where she put her feet to get a warning where not to put his.

OOC Specifics

Short Statblock|CisMale NG Half-Elf Rogue (unchained), Level 1, Init 4, HP 10/10, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13, CMD 16, Fort 2, Ref 6, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
short sword +4 (1d6+1, 19-20 x2)
dagger +4 (1d4_1, 19-20 x2)
javelin (3) +4 (1d6+1, 20 x2)
studded leather (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition +1 to attack rolls to those that threaten Shalelu; +1 perception to detect traps and to disable device skill to disarm them; +2 saving throw vs enchantment spells and effects; immune to magic sleep.
low light vision

Name
acrobatics
1d20+8 20

spacer.png

Kaichar

Shrugging since no-one wnated to take him up on his offer, Kaichar half wades, half swims across the river.

Mechanics

enlarge person is active. Strength 19, Dex 12. AC 15.

Swim

Name
Swim
1d20+1 17