Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Mini dungeon generator for busy GMs

Suzuki Stumpy

That is so cool!  We can always use more random generators!

Personally, I like using Donjon.  The sheer amount of random generators that site has is ridiculous (and somewhere I can hear Draco mumbling "This class is ridiculous").  Anyhow, a link to the site!  If you generate a random dungeon for 5E (as an example), it draws the map and populates the rooms.  You can then download the whole dungeon as a PDF, or you can print off a Player's version of it without all the labels and such.  Here is a sample dungeon, along with General Features and one of the room descriptions:

donjon; RPG Tools (bin.sh)

image.png.eeffd57d9c001dfb6465dfab378c8dd5.png

image.png.627ce77bcf287e4e76f192d17161b2ad.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 12:49 AM, Suzuki Stumpy said:

It's a mini dungeon generator.

@Suzuki Stumpy Thank you for sharing! I've recently wanted to create one-hour one-shots and these mini-dungeons would work perfectly.

On 8/18/2022 at 7:18 AM, Scarecrow71 said:

Personally, I like using Donjon.

@Scarecrow71 Thank you for sharing! I can totally use this if I ever get around to playing Advanced Heroquest online with my old buddies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking of these dungeon generators, I discovered a pretty cool one last night while doing some game prep. Although its not a random generator (its along the lines of Dungeon Scrawl) I've already fallen in love with it. Its called Dungeon Map Doodler. Very simple and easy to learn and use. Not only can you draw rooms and add doors, walls, etc, you can also add furniture, statues, vegetation... all kinds of shit. All drag and drop. Check it out: https://dungeonmapdoodler.com/ Its pretty cool!