Changes to Source formatting?

Arklytte

I dont know if this is a bug, a feature, a Firefox thing, or just a Me thing, but ever since the last update, it seems that when I open the Source editor, instead of being a nice, easy to read/edit, indented wall of text, it's just one giant blob of text with no formatting at all. 

Like, it's literally all one block of unformatted text.

I often find myself making small tweaks to long/complicated posts and/or templates, in the Source code, since I'm quite familiar with HTML, and the WYSIWYG editor still manages to piss me off on a regular basis, so it's just easier to brute force it and make the underlying HTML do what I want.  But now it's nearly impossible to do any sort of significant editing, because everything is just a huge blob of text.

I've verified this in multiple posts, both simple and complex ones, and it's happening in all of them.

For reference, I'm using FF 103.0.2.  I haven't tried it in Chrome or Edge, since I dont use either.

Anyway, Is there some way to fix this?

Heya @bwatford, thanks for the response.  Here's a screenshot of what it looks like for me:

image.png.165625d454a9a5e75fd081891791c6f0.png

I've tried editing a bunchaton of my old posts (at least a dozen so far), and every one of them looks like this.

Interestingly, on my phone/tablet, it looks like it's supposed to (like your screenshot above).

So...apparently it's a Me problem. I just dont know how the heck to fix it.

Whatever other info you need, let me know.

I'm running Windows 10 Home, 64 bit on my laptop.  And just to eliminate it as an issue, I updated my Firefox just before I posted this.

Ok...all the Dark themes (Dark Lime, Mocha, and Night), it's borked.  All the rest of the themes, it's back to the way it should be.

I'm guessing it's a CSS issue?

Either way, now that I know what the issue is, I can change themes to edit Source if needs be, then switch back to Lime for actual posting.  I'd just leave it, but my eyes are sensitive to bright light and a couple of the light themes give me a migraine practically in seconds, so that's a bit of a non-starter.

Hopefully it can be fixed with reasonable swiftness and not too much fuss. 🙂

Thanks again for the help, and I look forward to the fix.

Heya @bwatford! Apologies for not getting back to you.  The last couple days have been crazy. 🤪

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that the formatting seems to be working properly again.  Tried it in all three dark themes and it's back to normal in all of them, so whatever you did worked.

Thanks!!  😄

Edited by Arklytte (see edit history)