Formatting on this site vs old Myth Weavers site

Excior

[floatleft][IMG2=100]https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=103898&d=1646889734[/IMG2][/floatleft][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Darkblue"][B]Alex Blackstone, [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][size=3][i][COLOR="DarkBlue"]Human Ranger[/COLOR][/i][/size] [URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=532193"]Character sheet[/URL][hr][/hr] [b][COLOR="Black"]AC :[/COLOR][/b] 3 | [B][COLOR="black"]HP[/COLOR]: [/B][COLOR="Red"]04[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]12|[/COLOR] [B][COLOR="black"]Initiative[/COLOR]:[/B] +2| [B][B][/B][COLOR="black"]Movement[/COLOR]:[/B] 14| [OOC="Features"]
[B]Languages: [/B] Common
[B]Riding Land-based[/B] Wisdom or less on a D20 add +2 penalty to roll
[B]Tracking[/B] wisdom or less on d20
[B]Survival (Forest)[/B] Intelligence or less on a D20
[B]Survival (Swamp/Marsh) [/B] Intelligence or less on a D20
[B]Hide in Shadows: [/B]5 %
[B]Move Silently: [/B] 10%
[B]Specialized: [/B] Long Bow
[/OOC] | [hr][/hr]

to make the tags work do I replace [ ] with < > or is there something else I need to do as well?

@Excior

BALDR isn't based on BBCode at all Excior. The "Source" button (5th from the right in the editor toolbar) is technically the same as the old site, sort of. It will show you the code and you can write it in manually. Its basically just html code with a bit of inline css tags now, as far as I can tell. You can create your posts in the source code window or in the editor (i.e. this window).

If you create your post in the window, with the editor, you use the buttons for what you want to do, or the keyboard shortcuts (e.g. "control+b" toggles bold) and for some of the elements / objects you'll "control+right click" to open the menu for them.

Note: I am not an admin or anything, just trying to be helpful. 😄

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

@Excior

Ok, the two sites' codes are incompatible (Baldr uses html whereas OGMW used BBCode). 

Post on Baldr are created using the WYSWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor without the need to go into the source or use any code. Works like MSWord or any other word processor. No bbcode needed. 

The editor buttons do various things that OGMW bbcode did, like OOC tags, spoilers, tables, etc. We have a Baldr new user guide that will help you get familiar with the editor at the link below. That will be your best place to start.
https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/articles.html/articles/baldr-new-user-guide-r9/

As far as moving stuff from OGMW to Baldr you can copy and paste most text just by using your mouse (don't copy the code) just select the post as you see it on OGMW and then copy and paste here in Baldr, bold, italics, etc will all come over for you.

Content that is inside spoilers, fieldsets, or other tags will need to be created here separately using the WYSWYG editor before the text can be copied over from OGMW into them as they will not copy and paste over like the text will.

Photos can be inserted using the "Other Media" drop down in the lower right corner when you are editing post. You can double click a picture you have added to resize it or float it left or right.  Again, no need to go into the code.

The biggest tip I can give you after reading the Baldr user guide is to play around with it a little. Start a game for testing and then go wild.  Whenever possible copy and paste only plain text from OGMW and then format in Baldr for the most trouble-free experience.

I am sure you will be posting like a pro in no time.  Please feel free to ask any other questions that we might be able to assist you with.

attachment.php?attachmentid=103898&d=1646889734

Alex BlackstoneHuman Ranger 

AC : 3 | HP: 12/12 | Initiative: -2 | Movement: 14 | FeaturesLanguages: Common
Riding Land-based Wisdom or less on a D20 add +2 penalty to roll
Tracking wisdom or less on d20
Survival (Forest) Intelligence or less on a D20
Survival (Swamp/Marsh) Intelligence or less on a D20
Hide in Shadows: 5 %
Move Silently: 10%
Specialized: Long Bow

This is how he looks, I did the Baldr formatting for you (using the exact steps I explained above, so you can see the difference of how the two look between OGMW and Baldr.

Note: I stripped out the colors, as by not using any colors the text color will change depending on the theme the user chooses on Baldr. (That toggle can be found at the bottom of the page if you have not tried them out yet.) The dark blue would be hard to read under some Baldr themes. Also note how formatting is not allowed in OOC tags on Baldr, so the bold was removed.  I added the character sheet link to your portrait. Other than that, everything is pretty much the same.

16 minutes ago, bwatford said:

formatting is not allowed in OOC tags on Baldr

Not actually true--the hidden text content field in the dialog box accepts HTML content. It's kind of a janky source editor hybrid, but it works if you were to <b>bold some content</b>.

insert grumbling about CKEditor not supporting editable areas for inline widgets

2 hours ago, bwatford said:
attachment.php?attachmentid=103898&d=1646889734

Alex BlackstoneHuman Ranger 

AC : 3 | HP: 12/12 | Initiative: -2 | Movement: 14 | FeaturesLanguages: Common
Riding Land-based Wisdom or less on a D20 add +2 penalty to roll
Tracking wisdom or less on d20
Survival (Forest) Intelligence or less on a D20
Survival (Swamp/Marsh) Intelligence or less on a D20
Hide in Shadows: 5 %
Move Silently: 10%
Specialized: Long Bow

This is how he looks, I did the Baldr formatting for you (using the exact steps I explained above, so you can see the difference of how the two look between OGMW and Baldr.

Note: I stripped out the colors, as by not using any colors the text color will change depending on the theme the user chooses on Baldr. (That toggle can be found at the bottom of the page if you have not tried them out yet.) The dark blue would be hard to read under some Baldr themes. Also note how formatting is not allowed in OOC tags on Baldr, so the bold was removed.  I added the character sheet link to your portrait. Other than that, everything is pretty much the same.

how did you get it to go down in size?

I know you said to read  the how to but it helps to have questions answered lol. thanks if I have more questions I will post them in this thread

looks like a lot can be done with just mouse clicks awesome even making a table 

• 4 weeks later...

spacer.png

Try not to let the new feel of the weave rack your brain.. Thats what Illithid's are for, lol

Pretty sure all were in the same boat when we joined the original MW site... "wtf, how do these people post stuff like that!"

Same will be felt here, just play around with the different options; copy posts, edit templates and all that jazz! 😵🤪

Edited by Tsunami1768 (see edit history)

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well, I have managed to figure out some stuff and overall I like what you can do here, there are lots of things I still do not know how to do and may never learn them but I know enough to play.

I also started up my own game and have a question what is this icon symbol for? I have the game symbol but there is this other little icon on top of it I can not figure it out. is that just so I can change the icon or does people see it when they click on my game?

image.png.5bd358d2f9aa4bc1ecf851e00e0abf3e.png