Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Vertical deadspace at tops of threads

I don't know how much control you may have over this, but there seems to be a lot of unnecessary vertical deadspace at the tops of threads. For example, here's a snip of just the top of thread:

image.png.a625a1b4a0b9fbe117c95f2c6bbd6274.png

Now I know thread titles can be much longer and there are different screen sizes/resolutions to think about, but it just seems like about 75% of that section is unnecessary dead space. It seems like at the very least the "Following", thread layout, and "Start New Topic" buttons could be placed on the same line, and possibly all three of those could then be moved up to the same line as the thread title. For example (and please excuse the roughness of my 'shopping skills, but hopefully you get the idea):

image.png.09c65e1de000381dd4bd4cae7e7da989.png

This, combined with the largish game icon/title bar and nav bar at the top means a huge chunk of my screen is full of unused/unnecessary space that I then have to scroll through every time I open that thread. (And yes, I do have it set to go to the first new post, but I still frequently open threads with reference info, game rules, etc. that don't have new posts and then I'm stuck scrolling down just to get to the "meat" of the thread every time).

@PigLickJF Looking at the templates, that header space style is used in multiple places, and in some of those more information is included (such as username and pic for who started the thread as shown below.) The following/share buttons is on its own line because it is stripped away if the user is on mobile which we could not do if it was combined into another element.  I will look at what we can do for spacing, but I do not think combining them is doable (at least from a CSS/theme standpoint) at this point due to the flex box and removing elements on smaller screens.

image.png.41a749f1affa0f2b04f79ec026ef7e3a.png

Thanks for looking into it at least, I know this stuff is complicated by the variety of devices/screens out there, and I had a feeling there were probably some use cases I hadn't seen/thought of where more of that "dead space" was being used for various things, but I do appreciate you investigating it.