How do I…?

Colin

What is the suggested way to deal with no-longer-needed topics in a game? Is there a way to move them all to an "archive" topic, or should we just delete them?

In OGMW, I often kept my applications folder, etc, from the early stages of the game and grouped them all together in a sub-folder in case I needed to reference them.

18 minutes ago, cailano said:

What is the suggested way to deal with no-longer-needed topics in a game? Is there a way to move them all to an "archive" topic, or should we just delete them?

In OGMW, I often kept my applications folder, etc, from the early stages of the game and grouped them all together in a sub-folder in case I needed to reference them.

As a game GM you can select which topics to move and move them into an archive tab/folder (note the tab/folder needs to be created first). You could also delete them as well if they are no longer needed.

There are currently no sub folder/tabs on Baldr.

2 hours ago, bwatford said:

As a game GM you can select which topics to move and move them into an archive tab/folder (note the tab/folder needs to be created first). You could also delete them as well if they are no longer needed.

There are currently no sub folder/tabs on Baldr.

Thanks!

On 2/14/2023 at 3:44 PM, Llyarden said:

Does Baldr have an option to view the edit histories of posts the way OGMW does?

I don't think so?  But then I didn't know you could do this on OGMW.  I actually still couldn't figure out how, but that's beside the point.  Do you mind if I ask what you would this for?  I am genuinely curious.

20 minutes ago, SirLoganofGilead said:

I don't think so?  But then I didn't know you could do this on OGMW.  I actually still couldn't figure out how, but that's beside the point.  Do you mind if I ask what you would this for?  I am genuinely curious.

Aside from keeping track of changes to resources / character sheets if they're kept on a single page to make sure you don't add/deduct something twice, as a GM I've had to retrieve peoples' posts because they accidentally overwrote them (and didn't know how to get at the edit history) once or twice.

EDIT: As for how you do it, if you have modsight in the forum or are the author, the 'Last Edited By' part is a hyperlink.

16 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yes; if you are the author, a game leader, or a staff member, you are able to see the edit history of a post. It will show up like this at the bottom of an edited post:

Edited January 4 by Eric (see edit history) 

I don't see this, not even in my own posts, never mind posts by other people in forums that I have GM privileges for.

EditHistory.png.7dd9800193010eaafd5d73b562ecbe29.png

EDIT: Using the link you provided and modifying it for this topic and my comment (ie: https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/114-how-do-i…/&do=editlogComment&comment=33107) I got a page that said 'sorry, we couldn't find that topic.'

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)

So I've just discovered that the dice tower has a functionality whereby if you write something in your post that's identical to the name of a roll you feed the dice tower, it automatically becomes an OOC tag with the result of the post contained.  How do I make it not do that?

18 minutes ago, Sorithar said:

How do I move posts from one "topic" to another within the same game, but in a different "forum", without moving the whole "topic" into a different "forum"..?

Short answer: Use Split image.png.fa868adc57517fbe0cedf3cb798a5d76.png

Slightly longer answer: It appears it's not working correctly in game contexts. I'll need to look into that.

1 hour ago, AnemoneEnemy said:

I submitted an app for a game that's now private. The GM has departed. (Giantslayer by Mindcrime)

I'd like to get the text of my app. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is there any way I could recover it?

I can take a look tonight when I get home. Is there a name or some other keyword I can use to help with searching?