New Post indicator visibility

Would it be possible to put a red border or something around the new post indicator in the My Games menu? I know it "unfades" when there are new posts, but in the game I'm in the icon isn't especially bright so even when it's "lit up," it's not especially noticeable.

32 minutes ago, PigLickJF said:

Would it be possible to put a red border or something around the new post indicator in the My Games menu? I know it "unfades" when there are new posts, but in the game I'm in the icon isn't especially bright so even when it's "lit up," it's not especially noticeable.

Quickest solution is to ask the gamemaster to change the game icon. Otherwise @Eric will need to address this question as he created the plugin to do the sidebar.

In the same vein, is there any thoughts about showing 'unread' indicators for in game threads? For example, under 'my games' you can see that there are unread posts in that game, but when you go to the game there is no way to tell what thread is unread.

One of my favourite things on the OGMW site is being able to go to games forums and easily see which threads have new posts in them and which ones don't. I admit the structure of threads in the games is one of the things i miss most from the OGMW site, especially when you have a LOT of threads and subthreads.

There IS a list of unread posts, but since its just a big long list of posts you don't know what threads they belong to and it might not be important to you.

@Neopopulas Right now unread threads are bolded when viewing the forum, but there isn’t a way to collect them all in one place (such as if there are multiple forums in a game). Folders have been brought up and are on the feature request list, so it’s likely there will be changes and plugins involved in the future.

1 hour ago, Neopopulas said:

For example, under 'my games' you can see that there are unread posts in that game, but when you go to the game there is no way to tell what thread is unread.

Once you get into a game, if you scroll down to Recent Activity, you'll see which threads have unread posts.  It isn't ideal, but it's the only workaround I've found.

13 hours ago, Colin said:

@Neopopulas Right now unread threads are bolded when viewing the forum, but there isn’t a way to collect them all in one place (such as if there are multiple forums in a game). Folders have been brought up and are on the feature request list, so it’s likely there will be changes and plugins involved in the future.

Gotcha. I remember there was thoughts of putting the threads to the side of the page ala OGMW but it didn't turn out to work, so i was hoping there was still work going on with the way threads and forums are displayed since right now the linear list at the top is sub-optimal. Since it doesn't show activity and god help you if you have more than 10 subforums in a game i can't imagine how much of a mess that will end up. Knowing where activity is is very important for some people, but thats what beta is for.

11 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Once you get into a game, if you scroll down to Recent Activity, you'll see which threads have unread posts.  It isn't ideal, but it's the only workaround I've found.

Thats what i'm using now, but like you say its not ideal since its just a big list of posts, but it'll do for now.